Best of the Best Dinner

bac513

It is a fantastic meal. It is a set menu with the exception of the main course. We were lucky enough to have 2 of these meals and the choice for the main course was fish or beef. If you have any allergies you can let them know beforehand.

It is a beautiful meal. It was venison or cod when we were there. It was delicious. Every cruise is a different menu because they can have b2b2b2..... Onboard and they never repeat a menu for guests. They use local produce which leads to even more innovation by the Chef. My husband has allergy issues which were dealt with impeccably and an alternative provided for his dessert.

We had confirmed his requirements with the concierge when we rsvp'd. (he handles this event). He told us our butler had already told him!

I was told by Monica the meal was the same both cruises and it was sea bass. I was able to get the starter and the dessert for guests and myself .. excellent.Ivan use a different fish but not cod or sea bass.

I'll echo the others. We've enjoyed Best of the Best 3 times, and the food is very, very good. I also must praise the wine pairings which are superb and well-thought-out and far superior to the all-inclusives that one enjoys elsewhere on the ship. The only menu choice is for the main course. Bon appetit!

On our last one there was also a vegetarian option in addition to the meat and seafood choices.

It really depends on the chef, but I have never been disappointed with this event although I will state that the one we did in June 2016 did not have a photographer present as on previous dinners.

What is this please? Is it for very frequent Azamara cruisers?

Hello cinnamon, it is a night the Captain and a few other senior officers host in honor of the top suite guests and/or the most frequent LCV members on each sailing. The dinner is held in the Library, set up on one long table.

Hello cinnamon, it is a night the Captain and a few other senior officers host in honor of the top suite guests and/or the most frequent LCV members on each sailing. The dinner is held in the Library, set up on one long table.

I spoke to Heike on the ship-the spa suites are not invited-cost of cabin is high- the Top Cruiser is not. I was mentally prepared to eat 2 hours early one night but learn in June this would not happen. With all the late nights in port i would of felt i was rushing to dinner.I was told the room can not hold more people. it really can not.. they should host 2 dinners . why would a single person get a two room suite just to eat a meal.

Every time I've attended it has been Club Ocean and Club Owners Suites only (i.e. the top 10 Suites).

Yes not seen top cruiser there. Quite understand the spa suite is not being added it's a space issue. They never mentioned BoB in the marketing info so it was never planned to be a top suite. The differential cost is in relation to spa credits and the Night on the Deck. Two nights is too much to ask chefs butlers and officers to support. Not sure anyone ever books a large suite just to go to BoB. If we are in one it is because we want space to work as sometimes cruises have to take place during "work hours"

Edited by uktog

Never seen a top cruiser either or a photographer. The way it was explained to me for Spa Suites is they get a free "Nights in Private Places" instead. They are at a limit of seating if all the big suites are taken and fully occupied. Last cruise five people just didn't show up for the BoB, no apology. Table hastily rearranged and we were delayed 10 minutes sitting down. Very rude behaviour and someone saw the family sitting in Prime C that night.

Phil

Never seen a top cruiser either or a photographer. The way it was explained to me for Spa Suites is they get a free "Nights in Private Places" instead. They are at a limit of seating if all the big suites are taken and fully occupied. Last cruise five people just didn't show up for the BoB, no apology. Table hastily rearranged and we were delayed 10 minutes sitting down. Very rude behaviour and someone saw the family sitting in Prime C that night.

Phil

That was a lovely meal Phil, I wondered what had happened to the 'missing' guests, I remember them being at the VIP cocktail party before the Azamazing Evening.

We had great conversations during that dinner with the WWF speaker who also attended the BOB, he was from Kenya and we had common interests having had a number of Land Safari there, and Rose thoroughly enjoyed sitting next to Johannes :)

We also went to the BOB the following week with Magnus and Monica did another excellent meal that was different from the previous weeks

Just to confirm its not the same choice each week:

Week 1 Main Course Sea Bass or Surf and Turf

Week 2 Main Course Turbot or Trio of Veal

Steve

That was a lovely meal Phil, I wondered what had happened to the 'missing' guests, I remember them being at the VIP cocktail party before the Azamazing Evening.

We had great conversations during that dinner with the WWF speaker who also attended the BOB, he was from Kenya and we had common interests having had a number of Land Safari there, and Rose thoroughly enjoyed sitting next to Johannes :)

Hey Steve! Yes it was a lovely evening. Nikil (sp?) was a really nice guy and Kay from the office a delight. I knew who those no-shows were. I said good evening to the wife on that one evening, but she looked at me and totally blanked me. Oh well. The crowd at the dinner was indeed the best of the best!:). Hope you are adjusting to life back home.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Hey Steve! Yes it was a lovely evening. Nikil (sp?) was a really nice guy and Kay from the office a delight. I knew who those no-shows were. I said good evening to the wife on that one evening, but she looked at me and totally blanked me. Oh well.

Phil

Blanked YOU! She was obviously a woman of no taste whatsoever! :D

Hey Steve! Yes it was a lovely evening. Nikil (sp?) was a really nice guy and Kay from the office a delight. I knew who those no-shows were. I said good evening to the wife on that one evening, but she looked at me and totally blanked me. Oh well. The crowd at the dinner was indeed the best of the best!:). Hope you are adjusting to life back home.

Phil

Hi Phil

Yes. trying to readjust, but also busy planning what we're going to do pre and post our next two AZ cruises, So far booked hotels in Miami, Naples, Barcelona and currently working on Lisbon.

We're back to Greece in two weeks on a (Thomsons) holiday with our daughters and their families then after we're back from that, Rose and I are doing a couple of Greek Islands and have booked a couple of boutique hotels on Spetses and Hydra to recover from the family holiday!

Had lunch today with a lovely couple we met on our Turquoise Coast cruise on AZ last year who are having the Ocean Suite on their next AZ cruise, so we were able to give them useful info of the BOB and other VIP benefits of being in a suite.

Apologies to the OP for thread drift!

Steve

My journey to the Owner's Suite was meandering, and that dinner hasn't ever been mentioned, so I am just learning about it here. Is it dressier than other nights?

My journey to the Owner's Suite was meandering, and that dinner hasn't ever been mentioned, so I am just learning about it here. Is it dressier than other nights?

some men were jacket but no you do not need too. women tend to dress up more too.. this KJune iseem to see more shorts around at night but the ladies who dresses really did it up.

never seen a top cruiser either or a photographer. The way it was explained to me for spa suites is they get a free "nights in private places" instead. They are at a limit of seating if all the big suites are taken and fully occupied. Last cruise five people just didn't show up for the bob, no apology. Table hastily rearranged and we were delayed 10 minutes sitting down. Very rude behaviour and someone saw the family sitting in prime c that night.

Phil

hvri!

I wore a coat and tie each time and was not alone. On the other hand, several other gentlemen did not wear ties and that was cool as well. Women more dressy than in the Discoveries restaurant.

I wore a coat and tie each time and was not alone. On the other hand, several other gentlemen did not wear ties and that was cool as well. Women more dressy than in the Discoveries restaurant.

Good answer reflects our experience. Certainly not a sundress venue for the ladies!