Carnival Cruise Ship Horn Sound File

Wert Q Gumby

There are plenty on Youtube. You can easily download them from Youtube into an mp3 or wav file. There are plenty of free programs out there to do this. I have my favorite that I always use to get music from Youtube. Sure beats using p2p and being sued.

I just downloaded the horn battle and cut it down into two sound files:

One blast

Multiple Blasts

Anyone got any suggestions how I can upload this? It's not an "approved" file for the boards.

I'm currently trying to upload it to YouTube, but it says it's not a video format and won't upload correctly. I'm trying it anyway. I will let you know if it works!

Edited to add: I now also have a sound file for the disney horn.

They would not upload to YouTube. Does anyone have any suggestions where else I could upload these so I can share them?

Multiple%20Blasts.wma

Multiple Blasts

One%20Blast.wma

One Blast

Disney%20Wish%20Upon%20A%20Star%20Ship%20Horn.wma

Disney Ship Horn

Fair Warning -- these are uploaded to a place called FileDen. I just created an account there to test it out, and it seems that if you want to download something you must also have an account. It is a very irritating site and I'm not quite sure yet exactly how it works. I am still looking for an easier way to share these. Still open for suggestions!

Thanks all,

I did find a ship foghorn sound file which I did convert and uploaded to her phone and now she is using it as the sms text message sound. NOW! she wants the "million ways to have fun" song as a ring tone. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut!

Ship Addict I see we are on the same cruise! 32 more DAYS!!!

Michael

Most modern ships use an air horn like one of the various models of Leslie Tyfon. I really prefer the few steam whistles still around, but even the few steam powered ships still sailing usually use a steam Tyfon. The Great Lakes favorite, the Edward L. Ryerson (iron ore carrier) uses two Tyfons, if I recall correctly, a 200 and a 300. This makes a very pleasing chord.

Doc

She loves her Ship horn and now I got the "Million Ways to Have Fun" Carnival song downloaded and converted to a ringtone. I put it on her phone for when I call her. Even went and put some pictures from our first cruise as wallpaper for her. I got this Motorola software to download them to the phones. Thanks for the help and pointing out that I can strip out the audio from the videos.

See Ya On Da SHIP!!

Michael

• 1 year later...

I have it around here somewhere. It used to be at Funville on the carnival site. I don't know if it is still there. But I downloaded it while it was, and now it is my email message indicator on my blackberry. LOL...the first few times it did that, it scared the carp outta me. It was just such a shock to hear...anyway, if I find it and I'm successful, it will be attached to this message...

oK, cc message says I can't upload a sound file. :(

Archived