How to get OBC?

In the past I have always booked while on a cruise as a way to get some OBC, but I didn't do this on my last cruise. I have enough visa points to redeem for a free weekend getaway cruise. Any ideas how I can get some OBC now? I doubt I will have any extra visa points for OBC. How else do you get OBC, book through a TA?

Thanks for any suggestions.

In the past I have always booked while on a cruise as a way to get some OBC, but I didn't do this on my last cruise. I have enough visa points to redeem for a free weekend getaway cruise. Any ideas how I can get some OBC now? I doubt I will have any extra visa points for OBC. How else do you get OBC, book through a TA?

Yes, OBC is a typical perk from travel agents. Also, you only need 5000 Visa points for OBC, so double check if you will have that much left over from your free cruise redemption.

Yes, OBC is a typical perk from travel agents. Also, you only need 5000 Visa points for OBC, so double check if you will have that much left over from your free cruise redemption.

Thanks, but I am scraping all of my points to get the free cruise, so unless I do a lot of shopping ;) , I don't think I will have 5000 left.

And in the past I have used various TAs and never received any type of perk... Nothing :(. So I just end up booking it myself anymore.

Thanks, but I am scraping all of my points to get the free cruise, so unless I do a lot of shopping ;) , I don't think I will have 5000 left.

And in the past I have used various TAs and never received any type of perk... Nothing :(. So I just end up booking it myself anymore.

Hi, is 5,000 points on any visa credit card or Royal's? Thanks

Are you sailing with anyone who has never cruised on Royal before? You can refer new guests (age 18 or older) and receive $25 OBC for each new person you refer.

On my upcoming cruise, we have $700 OBC! $300 for booking onboard, $350 in RCCL Visa OBC, and $50 in refer a friend OBC.

Are you sailing with anyone who has never cruised on Royal before? You can refer new guests (age 18 or older) and receive $25 OBC for each new person you refer.

On my upcoming cruise, we have $700 OBC! $300 for booking onboard, $350 in RCCL Visa OBC, and $50 in refer a friend OBC.

That's something I hadn't thought of, thanks.

Wow thats a lot of OBC!

I am a diamond member and was told that I could not get a balcony discount and OBC got being a stock holder. Even wrote them a email and same answer.

Yes, that rule has been in place for a few years now. The only Royal perk you can combine with a balcony discount is the OBC from booking a cruise on board.

Do you have to book thru RC to get the OBC for referring? I am cruising in the fall and referred my SIL AND BIL but thru a TA. Can I still get this from RC?

Do you have to book thru RC to get the OBC for referring? I am cruising in the fall and referred my SIL AND BIL but thru a TA. Can I still get this from RC?

You can have a travel agent booking and still get the bring-a-friend OBC. However, if you have a group booking, then it's not eligible for the bring-a-friend OBC.

Have your partner get another card, 10,000 point bonus right now! http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

I've been thinking about the RCCL card as well. Is it worth it? Are there annual fees?

No annual fees. There are better rewards cards for general purposes. However, if you use this one exclusively for Royal purchases, you can get up to 4% back.

Archived