Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Princess Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Princess Cruises
Read thousands of Princess Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Princess Cruise Deals

NEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call

Old October 5th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Weather Question: Eastern Caribbean in December

Hi,
Wondering what the typical weather is in late December cruising the Eastern Caribbean.
Thank you!

Old October 5th, 2007, 07:31 AM
10,000+ Club

warm. chance of a shower each afternoon, still hurricane season

the Princess site has weather information for every port.

Old October 5th, 2007, 07:35 AM
20,000+ Club

Hurricane season is over by November 30th (usually).

We have cruised a lot in December and have always had some rain and some coolness, especially on sea days. Otherwise, it was fine. Just expect some rain and come prepared. I like cruising in December.

Old October 5th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

I returned from the eastern Caribbean at the end of November, and had wonderful weather throughout the cruise. Princess Keys was about 90 degrees, too hot to sit in the sun!

Old October 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
40,000+ Club

Like Coral, when we have cruised the Eastern Caribbean in November, we normally have run into a few days of showers. Only once did we run into hurricane type weather in November, towards the second week of the month. Rain doesn't spoil it, you just need to be prepared as it does happen some days.
Have a great cruise!

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 5th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Oh, oh

I'm worried, as we're bringing my parents for their first cruise. Perhaps late December (20th) isn't the best weather-wise? I was hoping for clear skies and days by the pool.
Cynthia

Old October 5th, 2007, 09:15 AM
40,000+ Club

Cynthia, The one thing you can never predict is Mother Nature. It could have rained every year for the last 5 years the week you sail, but yours could be perfect.
Just keep in mind that sailing December 20th will bring hundreds upon hundreds of families with little ones onboard. And depending on the ship, if there is a covered pool, a little rain won't bother anyone.
In the fall, we have sailed where it rained almost every day of the cruise, but also in the fall, we have sailed where we had absolutely no rain. You just never know what will happen.
One December cruise of 14 days, we had more rain then I have ever seen in one sailing, almost every day it poured. But the next year, same time frame, we found no rain.

Last edited by Toto2Kansas; October 5th, 2007 at 09:17 AM.

Old October 5th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

We have cruised the last 3 Decembers but early in the month and we're going again late next month and early December on the Emerald; - 11/26 - 12/06. In the 3 previous cruises in early December, we've had no steady rain and only 1 brief shower. Beautiful weather. As stated before hurricane season "officially" runs from 06/01 - 11/30, though a couple years ago there was 1 named storm as late as early January. I believe the weather will be fine. Make your decision, book it and have a GREAT cruise! We're cruising!

Old October 5th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Better than at home!

We sail every year late Nov-early Dec. and the weather is great. Usually a brief shower around mid day- during drinks, shopping or lunch or it's programmed so that you will do one or more of the above. God's way of helping the economy . It won't be 90 degrees but will be high 70s thru 80s. Check your ports on line and you will see avg. temp for that month.

Old October 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

I live in the Eastern Caribbean, St. Thomas, and December is normally nice. It can get a little "chilly" (meaning low 70's) at night with the Christmas winds and the days should be in the 80's. In the tropics you can alway expect brief showers, hopefully, as we depend on the rain water.

Old October 5th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

[quote=shoppingfool;11894487]I live in the Eastern Caribbean, St. Thomas, and December is normally nice. It can get a little "chilly" (meaning low 70's) at night with the Christmas winds and the days should be in the 80's. In the tropics you can alway expect brief showers, hopefully, as we depend on the rain water.

Old October 5th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

can we expect similar weather in western c early nov?

Old October 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcinderella View Post
Hi,
Wondering what the typical weather is in late December cruising the Eastern Caribbean.
Thank you!
Average highs is St Thomas are 85 avg low 73 avg rainfall for December is 2.7 inches

Average highs for St Maarten are 85 avg low 75 avg rainfall for December is 3.7 inches

Average highs for Princess Cays are 78 avg lows 63 rainfall for December is 2.0

Relax and have a great cruise.

Bill