Hi Larry,

Please confirm for me the conflicting messages that I am getting from your web site outlining the 2013 enhancements. It reads:

[B]Dining Experience[/B]
Freshly brewed cup of Nespresso bespoke coffee [I]for purchase [/I]at Mosaic Cafe.

[B]More Inclusive Amenities[/B]
Bottled water, soft drinks,specialty coffees and teas throughout the Ships.

During our last three cruises, the Mosaic Cafe served [no charge] specialty coffees and teas etc which we really loved.

Are you [I]now about to make us pay[/I] for the coffee and tea at the [I]Mosaic Cafe[/I] and [I]if so why, when the new policy is all about more inclusive amenities?[/I]

Hopefully you are not! [IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG].

But if you are, then in my opinion it is a retrograde step.

Regards
Darryl - New Zealand

• 1 year later...
Just got back from a cruise and as you pointed out the only drinkable coffee was in mosaic which is now being charged for. Also as this is an all inclusive package was most surprised.:eek:The coffee in windows was undrinkable

But coffee is free of charge at Mosaic. It is only the specialty coffees with alcohol shots and the Nespresso that is charged for. I agree the windows cafe coffee is not great but the standard coffee served at Mosaic is lovely. I find no need to pay for Nespresso

[quote name='uktog']But coffee is free of charge at Mosaic. It is only the specialty coffees with alcohol shots and the Nespresso that is charged for. I agree the windows cafe coffee is not great but the standard coffee served at Mosaic is lovely. I find no need to pay for Nespresso[/QUOTE]
Thank goodness for that. I am looking forward to my regular 7.00am Latte [takeaway] each morning in August when we circumnavigate the Black Sea.

[quote name='paremata2']Thank goodness for that. I am looking forward to my regular 7.00am Latte [takeaway] each morning in August when we circumnavigate the Black Sea.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the coffee (aside from those that uktog mentioned above) is free and good in Mosaic. They'll do it in a take out paper cup too. The biscuits and bites there are really good.

Phil

[quote name='librarylady19']I really enjoyed the cappuccinos on Celebrity. Are those free on Azamara?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are and wonderful too. However from memory you can only get them from the Mosaic Cafe.
As the ship is so small ( as compared to the Celebrity ships ) the cafe is not far from anywhere so that is not a problem.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

Mosaic is one of my favorite parts of the ship, on a sea day I can spend 2 or 3 hours in there sipping coffee and watching whats going on. |The americano coffee is great and i often have breakfast the as well. It is only specialty coffees and liquors you have to pay for.

Gareth

• 4 weeks later...
For clarity (it can be very confusing for new Azamara guests) and I was fooled and upset when I first visited Mosaic, having been told that these coffee, lattes, etc were included.

The Mosaic menu on the tables, lists lots of Nepresso drinks which are extra, but doesn't make it clear that other drinks are included, but when asking for a Latte, Cappuccino, coffee, etc you will be provided with an 'included' version unless you specify to the contrary.

Similar confusion was created by the drinks menus, as included drinks are on the back page, whereas all the other pages show pictures of and lists of drinks at extra cost.

It may have changed since last September, but it was very confusing initially until advised by those in the know.

[quote name='librarylady19']What exactly are Nespresso drinks Tim?[/QUOTE]
I would like to know too, as we don't have them in our part of the world to the best of my knowledge.
However I can confirm that the coffee whether it be an espresso, flat white, long black or cappuccino from the Mosaic Cafe is better than first class and always free, at least it has been on all four Quest cruises that we have been on.
Thankfully, it sounds like that is still the case.
P.S. Hopefully the crisis in the Ukraine is solved before August, as we are so looking forward to circumnavigating the Black Sea.

[quote name='librarylady19']What exactly are Nespresso drinks Tim?[/QUOTE]

These are capsule based I believe. They come in foil 'pots' and these are put into a special machine for brewing. [URL="https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CEwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nespresso.com%2Fuk%2Fen%2Fhome&ei=3_szU4r2BJCUhQe9tIGQCQ&usg=AFQjCNEoMxSu8EkSQbuiHSljDlEaAXpTfg&bvm=bv.63808443,d.bGQ"]Nespresso[/URL]

• 2 months later...
[quote name='English Tim']For clarity (it can be very confusing for new Azamara guests) and I was fooled and upset when I first visited Mosaic, having been told that these coffee, lattes, etc were included.

The Mosaic menu on the tables, lists lots of Nepresso drinks which are extra, but doesn't make it clear that other drinks are included, but when asking for a Latte, Cappuccino, coffee, etc you will be provided with an 'included' version unless you specify to the contrary.

Similar confusion was created by the drinks menus, as included drinks are on the back page, whereas all the other pages show pictures of and lists of drinks at extra cost.

It may have changed since last September, but it was very confusing initially until advised by those in the know.[/quote]

On Quest last month (15-22 May) there were no menus in Mosaic, at least not during the day. We had no idea what was on offer, what was included in the fare and what was not. I commented on this on the mid-cruise questionnaire. In response, we received a voicemail in the cabin saying that all we had to do was ask the staff. Totally unsatisfactory.

On our first Azamara cruise, we didn't know that teas and coffees in Mosaic were included until waiting there to disembark on the last day and reading the menus while waiting! So, this time we planned to make use of it, but used it only twice. The second time we were asked if we wanted a larger cup of chocolate. Expecting a mug, we said yes please. We were surprised and unimpressed to receive it in a cardboard "takeaway" container, even though were were sitting at a table. It just doesn't fit with the ambience.

The drinks menu still has an unimaginative list of included items on the last page. That didn't bother me as I least I could see what they were.

[quote name='Wacktle']On Quest last month (15-22 May) there were no menus in Mosaic, at least not during the day. We had no idea what was on offer, what was included in the fare and what was not. I commented on this on the mid-cruise questionnaire. In response, we received a voicemail in the cabin saying that all we had to do was ask the staff. Totally unsatisfactory.

On our first Azamara cruise, we didn't know that teas and coffees in Mosaic were included until waiting there to disembark on the last day and reading the menus while waiting! So, this time we planned to make use of it, but used it only twice. The second time we were asked if we wanted a larger cup of chocolate. Expecting a mug, we said yes please. We were surprised and unimpressed to receive it in a cardboard "takeaway" container, even though were were sitting at a table. It just doesn't fit with the ambience.

The drinks menu still has an unimaginative list of included items on the last page. That didn't bother me as I least I could see what they were.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Green]Hello Wacktle, thank you for writing and letting us know. Mr. Pimentel is on the ships this week, but I'll be sure to pass along your comments to him & the Hotel Department.
b/rgds,
Bonnie[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='BBMacLaird'][SIZE=3][COLOR=Green]Hello Wacktle, thank you for writing and letting us know. Mr. Pimentel is on the ships this week, but I'll be sure to pass along your comments to him & the Hotel Department.
b/rgds,
Bonnie[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I don't expect Larry has to pay!;)