Gibraltar - pre-arrange tour or wing it?

John Bull, I use a small lightweight scooter, that can fold up. Do the vans have room in the back to carry the scooter, or should we look into a private tour?

I'm not the most observant guy in the world, and since mobility isn't an issue for me I tend not to notice such things.

But..............

I don't think the vans have space for a scooter - because of the narrow twisty roads on the upper Rock they're quite small vans, so the seating takes up the whole interior.

If it will fit in the trunk of a sedan, then you can take that same tour in a taxi - I'm fairly sure that 4 or 5 people in a taxi pay the same rate as those in vans. I don't recall whether there are taxis as well as vans at the pier, certainly there are in town.

Not sure the scooter will be much use to you on that Rock tour - the Jewish memorial is just a viewpoint photo-stop, you can't take the scooter into St Michael's Cave, which has steps etc (but you can take in a panoramic view from the parking area instead of going in the cave), your van stops right by the apes at their Den, and the slope in the Great Siege tunnel just might be a bit steep for an under-powered scooter.

It would be useful in town, and it might be worth being taken back to the ship at the end of the tour to collect it.

Buy I'll cede to advice from anyone with first-hand knowledge about using a scooter in Gib.

JB :)