Help your cabin steward

joe6666

If you have been on a number of cruises and you have no children with you, why not tell the cabin steward not to bother with towel animals?

Seems like an easy way to lighten their work load.

We do that every time, as it is not our thing.:) Plus, keep the cabin tidy.:D

If you have been on a number of cruises and you have no children with you, why not tell the cabin steward not to bother with towel animals?

I have said the same thing and my husband calls me a scrooge... he says they enjoy doing it and seeing the reaction from the guests...

I agree, it would save them a couple of minutes of time each night.

I can't believe I'm actually posting this, but I kind of sort of agree with...

OMG, okay, I'll type it - Matj2000. :eek:

It is probably part of their duties and optional for the guests- but I really like them. Even when we've had towel animal challenged cabin stewards. ;)

Seems that they cut back on every night towel animals. On our last Mariner cruise in Jan., we only got 2 towel animals. I have no kids but I enjoy seeing them. The best one was on the Rhapsody which was a bit more elaborate than the usual hanging monkey. When we opened the light we found "someone" in our bed wearing my husband's jacket, hat, sunglasses with the remote in his hand. Now how did that cabin steward know?? Took us awhile to get our heart rate back to normal :eek:

We just went on our first cruise and I loved them and took pictures of each one.!

Maybe when I've been on a few more cruises and am more "jaded" about the experience, I'll ask them to stop, but for now I find them an adorable extra!

I can't believe I'm actually posting this, but I kind of sort of agree with...

OMG, okay, I'll type it - Matj2000. :eek:

It is probably part of their duties and optional for the guests- but I really like them. Even when we've had towel animal challenged cabin stewards. ;)

I will always remember the post on Cruise Critic from someone who had a TRULY towel-animal-challenged steward.

The poster said that the first night, they got a snake.

The second night, they got an eel.

The third night, a worm.

:D

Because *I* like the towel animals. they make me smile!

I help by keeping our cabin very neat.

We keep our cabin very tidy, too. We've all walked down the hall and peeked into open doors and seen absolute disaster areas! Some cabins are disgustingly messy! (you know who you are!) LOL.

I will always remember the post on Cruise Critic from someone who had a TRULY towel-animal-challenged steward.

The poster said that the first night, they got a snake.

The second night, they got an eel.

The third night, a worm.

:D

OMG I couldnt stop laughing!!:)

I always keep our cabin tidy. It's in my nature. Only been on 3 cruises, none with Royal C, but one booked for Transatlantic November Barcelona to New Orleans, can't wait.

Love the towel animals. The other cruises I've been on they weren't there every night, but what a lovely surprise to come back to.

For those who worry the stewards are wasting their time. I'm sure they enjoy doing them and also could earn them extra tips? Why not put a dollar or two on the animal as appreciation and I'm sure they would appreciate the gesture.

Any advice on my future cruise on Navigator from anyone? Previously sailed with Princess, Ocean Village and Norwegian.

This cracks me up!:D

I like towel animals...I like to tip the steward for making them and they like my tips...nuff said!

Why find reasons for them to do less...I'd rather they do more and I will tip them more...that is why they are there, it is not a vacation for them...they want to make money!!! Geeeze!!!

Somebodys always coming up with ways to lighten the crew's workloads...Makes me wonder if it is a justification to lighten the tips???

Oh Oh here it comes...:eek:

I like towel animals...I like to tip the steward for making them and they like my tips...nuff said!

Why find reasons for them to do less...I'd rather they do more and I will tip them more...that is why they are there, it is not a vacation for them...they want to make money!!! Geeeze!!!

Somebodys always coming up with ways to lighten the crew's workloads...Makes me wonder if it is a justification to lighten the tips???

Nah. I have told stewards that they can skip the towel animals, if they wish. It never entered my mind that this would have anything to do with gratuities.

I never though about putting a tip in the animal, but in my upcoming trip I am, maybe ill get better animals, lol

I never though about putting a tip in the animal, but in my upcoming trip I am, maybe ill get better animals, lol

I think it works...I always get better than a snake, a worm or an eel!!!:eek::eek::eek:

And miss one like this.....:D!

5po6ft.jpg

OMG I would laugh so hard if I saw this one. That's great and it took them absolutely no time at all.

I love the towel animals. Never even thought that they would be considered 'for the kids'. Guess I'm just a big kid. :p

I love my towel animals! Fun to come into the cabin and see what we will find. We tip our cabin person extra every cruise, keep our cabin tidy, and always talk to him/her and get to know them. My towel animals are a nice part of the cruise for both of us.

Archived