Scenic Tours of Antigua

redsox1584

Has anyone booked a tour through Scenic Tours of Antigua? We sail on the Carnival Conquest in September, and were considering the Island Experience tour without the beach excursion. I am a little worried because on their website, it says the tour is 6.5 hours and I want to make sure I get back to the ship on time.

If someone has a different tour company they have been on, that would be welcome as well.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Also consider a private tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Excellent died a real gentleman and a private tour is the way to go. Antigua has some amazing sights, and the naval history is very interesting.

We also enjoyed a tour of the island from the water on the beautiful at Excellence, great crew and an amazing day. That's available as the See Antigua by Sea excursion, one of the few excursions we've booked through the ship.

I have booked the one without the beach as I am not that interested in the beach. Their prices are more reasonable than the ship tours. I am going on this in September I can report back.

We are trying to find tours that don't include a beach option. Can you tell me about your itinerary. Since we will be there early November, probably wouldn't have time to read your review first before making a booking.

Any advice you can provide would be most appreciated.

Sandy :)

I have booked the one without the beach as I am not that interested in the beach. Their prices are more reasonable than the ship tours. I am going on this in September I can report back.

We are trying to find tours that don't include a beach option. Can you tell me about your itinerary. Since we will be there early November, probably wouldn't have time to read your review first before making a booking.

Any advice you can provide would be most appreciated. Have emailed Scenic Tours in the meantime.

Any advice you can provide would be most appreciated. Have emailed Scenic Tours in the meantime.

The island experience tour without the beach is 33/person. It's 4-4.5 hours, the one with the beach is 6.5 hours.

This says what the itinerary of the consists of: http://scenictoursantigua.com/v2/online-bookings/tour/island-experience/

It seems to hit all the major hot spots and it does include the entrance fee to Nelson's Dockyard National Park so you don't have to pay any extra. My cruise is from Sept. 5-12 so I'll try to write about my excursion shortly after that.

-Katie

Also consider a private tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Excellent died a real gentleman and a private tour is the way to go. Antigua has some amazing sights, and the naval history is very interesting.

We also enjoyed a tour of the island from the water on the beautiful at Excellence, great crew and an amazing day. That's available as the See Antigua by Sea excursion, one of the few excursions we've booked through the ship.

Sorry, that should read excellent "guide and a real gentleman".

:p

The island experience tour without the beach is 33/person. It's 4-4.5 hours, the one with the beach is 6.5 hours.

This says what the itinerary of the consists of: http://scenictoursantigua.com/v2/online-bookings/tour/island-experience/

It seems to hit all the major hot spots and it does include the entrance fee to Nelson's Dockyard National Park so you don't have to pay any extra. My cruise is from Sept. 5-12 so I'll try to write about my excursion shortly after that.

-Katie

Thank you very much, Katie. This tour looks perfect for us. Look forward to seeing your review in the fall and hope you have a wonderful time.

Sorry about the previous double posting.

Sandy:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info! We're considering Lawrence for our March 2016 tour.

On our recent visit to the island (July 22), we walked around in the morning, then hired a private taxi driver for the afternoon. Most of them were charging $20/person, but as we walked further away from the pier, we found one for $15.

"Bobby with the beard" was outstanding for the two-plus hour tour, even stopping at a roadside shop for 15 minutes. I will warn you that his cab didn't have air-conditioning, but after the first few minutes the breezes were comfortable.

It was a down-home tour, visiting his neighborhood on the way to a view and stopping twice so he could get things from vendors (mangoes and his dinner!).

Great job and if "Bobby with a beard" was on TripAdvisor I would give him at least a 4, probably a 5 (with the AC caveat).

• 5 weeks later...

I just got back and toured with Lawrence of Antigua or his partner Chris. They are absolutely amazing!!! I did not want to to a six hour tour either (my family trip included my 7 month old daughter and 2 year old niece). They were very flexible and even confirmed the trip with me even before I left.

We corresponded via email and I was able to create my own itinerary which included a beach and paid $25 pp (kids free) . He had a sign with my name on it so there was no confusion when we arrived.

we went to Devils Bridge (a must), drove through the rainforest, picked up some fresh pineapple and mango (delicious), drove to scenic points to take pictures and went to Valley Church. He waited for us and returned us back to the ship.

Great guys!!! Very flexible

Here is Chris' email: Chrisolejohn at live dot com

tell him Jenn from NYC sent you!!! :D

Sounds like an option that we would take. Can you remember where he was located in relation to the cruise terminal?

In every port, when you get off the ship and walk through the cruise terminal/duty-free shops, you will usually be dumped into some sort of plaza with more shops. In these plazas, there will be dozens of taxi drivers looking to take you places... some are more aggressive (I want to say St. Kitts was the most).

In Antigua, we were going to walk the town, including the Anglican Cathedral, anyway and found Bobby a block or two into town.

I am sure most taxi drivers offer good service at the same general rate, but Bobby was our driver and we were happy with him.

Looks like my group has decided on the Island tour with Scenic Tours Antigua - some want the non-beach option which doesn't seem to be a problem - altho we all want to tour together so I am making contact to figure out how to ensure this happens.

Hoping it is as good as experience as the reviews on Trip Advisor indicate :)

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in for what its worth LOL....why anyone (even if you're not a beach person) would not want to see Valley Church at least once in your life is surprising to me. Tripadvisor has some amazing pics if you search Valley Church Beach. I have been on 12 cruises and have been to many many islands. Valley Church Beach is THEE single most amazing beach I have ever laid eyes on (2nd would be Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas) You have to see it ,to revel in its beauty. At Valley Church Beach, The Nest is a cute little restaurant hut right on the beach with great food, great drinks and ice cold metal buckets of Antiquan beer that are amazing. Go, sit and relax and even if you don't go in the most beautiful crystal clear water of the beach, I am sure you will still love just sitting in under a palm tree taking in the breathtaking views. I can do it for hours :) The place is amazing. Can't wait to go back in November!!!

-Katie

Hi Katie,

I'm also on your cruise and booked the tour with Scenic Tours Antigua (including the beach). Although, now I'm a bit disappointed that I did because I wanted to see Devil's Bridge and it turns out that this tour doesn't go there. :(

Hi Katie,

I'm also on your cruise and booked the tour with Scenic Tours Antigua (including the beach). Although, now I'm a bit disappointed that I did because I wanted to see Devil's Bridge and it turns out that this tour doesn't go there. :(

P.S. Go Sox!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I returned from my cruise on the Conquest yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts on Scenic Tours of Antigua. We really enjoyed our tour with them. We had Jerome as our guide, and he took us on a tour around the island. He was very informative and answered any questions that we had.

There were some people on our tour that were going to the beach, so he dropped them off at the beach at the end of our tour, then dropped us off back in St. John's and was going to pick up the people from the beach later on. Looking back on it, I wish we had done the island experience with the beach, the beach looked very nice. We got to get out and walk around for a few minutes before going back to the city. Also, we met Sean, the owner of the company at the beach as he was dropping people off there as well. He came over to us before we left to go back to the city and thanked us for choosing them for our tour.

When we were dropped off, we asked Jerome for some places we could go have lunch and he gave us an excellent recommendation. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.