LIVE REVIEW - OASIS TRANSATLANTIC with Pictures

Kcjarvis

Long lines to get off of the ship

15558556665_fda31dbf1e_z.jpg

As they scanned our sea passes to exit, an alarm went off saying invalid card. Security looked perplexed as we explained the story. He asked to see our new cards and was able to scan those.... (At the time we thought that was strange, it should be old cards off, new cards on)

Long lines for UK immigration

15372416288_46354685a4_z.jpg

We took a 5 min 6 lbs, sorry 6 GBP taxi to the train station. The train fare was 76 GBP for 2 round trip. We took the 11:30 am train to London Waterloo

15372919250_abd2212f5b_z.jpg

15372415458_e3622acb09_z.jpg

15371925969_3b6f91fce4_z.jpg

After about 1 hour and 20 mins we were in London.

15372542377_12a269ca2a_z.jpg

If interpreting your photo properly, the seating area looking out over the Promenade still remains? Wonder if the seating will stay? I guess the wall that is there now is the back of cabins added in the former Diamond Lounge space.

Thanks for the pictures.

After the muster, I caught a few pics of the changes. Here is the old Diamond Lounge on 6.

15372030497_4d491f1024_z.jpg

After 10 mins she came back and said, if we come back to Guest Services in the morning and pick up our new cards. We were pretty aggravated at this point, but said ok and headed back to the cabin for bed. Since eating always makes you feel better, we decided we would get room service. We ordered our food on the interactive TV. After about an hour we called to get a status - insert sinister music - ROOM SERVICE WAS CLOSED!!!!!!!! The compass said it was 24 hours, but they were closed. We called Guest Services and they transferred us to the voice mail, that said ROOM SERVICE WAS CLOSED!!!!!!!! And this is the RCCL Flagship??????? We decided to just go to bed.

Tomorrow would be a better day...

So, even though this leg of the trip was fairly short, this was treated as one cruise and the one out of South Hampton another. Guess they were following their standard protocol of no late room service the last night. That has been typical for Royal cruises.

Sounds like this one has had some bobbles and bumps. We have done a first cruise after a repositioning and decided never again. The kinks need time to be smoothed.

Loving the review so far, can't wait for the rest. If you could get any pics of the drinks menu I'd love to see them. Trying to decide if we should get drinks package or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We spent 3 days in London in Nov 2008 before the Indy TA from Southampton to Florida. Never saw the sun. Waterloo Train Station brought back memories, 6 couples trying to find a place to stash their luggage on the British Rail carriage from Waterloo to Southampton.

We retraced our steps and headed back home to Lady O.

Ask we scanned our Sea Pass cards guess what happened....More Alarms!!!!!

This time the "kind" security guard said we were being denied boarding and actually expected us to leave the ship. OK THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!! I have had it now - in a full New York attitude I told him to get on this radio and/or phone to engage the appropriate people, to get this sorted out. We were not leaving to ship. It took over an hour to resolve it.

Finally, back on the ship and now in our room, it was time for sail away. It was the most amazing sail away due to the narrow harbor, the moored sail boat obstacles and the fog.

15559690992_4c416c109d_z.jpg

15558859175_586b91e8c9_z.jpg

15556173071_6c1955594c_z.jpg

15372717208_6df1d64f90_z.jpg

15372228709_79ba46a41f_z.jpg

15556171081_362da7917e_z.jpg

Hi Ken, you may run into my friend George, aka "Scotsman" on board. He'll be wearing a kilt on formal nights. He'll also have his pinnacle name tag on. You can't miss him. Tell him Hi from me and I'll see him on the Vision in two weeks.

Thanks for the review.

Ken, great review! I'm loving the photos, but sorry you've had so many issues to deal with. Tell Paulette, Wendy, Tom, Emmy, and Rick we said, "Hi!" Did you bring a pink sequined fedora and have Paulette a pink feather boa? Depending on the rest of your review, we may just have to sneak away soon after Freedom Halloween cruise and cruise on Oasis again! 😃 Hopefully, the sun will come out and make your cruise even more enjoyable! I've been on two transatlantic cruises, and they were both great! Drink a rum and coke for John and tell Wendy to drink a lemon drop for me!:D

If interpreting your photo properly, the seating area looking out over the Promenade still remains? Wonder if the seating will stay? I guess the wall that is there now is the back of cabins added in the former Diamond Lounge space.

Yes, the seating area is still there but there´s a "crew only" sign at the door now.

steamboats

Ken

We will be sailing in February in an owners suite with connecting balcony on deck 11 (Our preferred location due to the Concierge Lounge). Please any info on the changes, the new restaurants, & if dynamic dining might hit earlier than 3/15? Also what is the new suite lounge like & Coastal Kitchen, what have they done to the old concierge lounge?

We retraced our steps and headed back home to Lady O.

Ask we scanned our Sea Pass cards guess what happened....More Alarms!!!!!

This time the "kind" security guard said we were being denied boarding and actually expected us to leave the ship. OK THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!! I have had it now - in a full New York attitude I told him to get on this radio and/or phone to engage the appropriate people, to get this sorted out. We were not leaving to ship. It took over an hour to resolve it.

Finally, back on the ship and now in our room, it was time for sail away. It was the most amazing sail away due to the narrow harbor, the moored sail boat obstacles and the fog.

Oh, my! So frustrating. Your report of the security guard thinking you would just slink away is certainly a shake your head moment...no, don't think so.:rolleyes: And then an hour to get it ironed out is crazy. Thanks for the really cool sail away pictures. Hoping the rest of your journey is smooth sailing in many ways. :)

Ken

We will be sailing in February in an owners suite with connecting balcony on deck 11 (Our preferred location due to the Concierge Lounge). Please any info on the changes, the new restaurants, & if dynamic dining might hit earlier than 3/15? Also what is the new suite lounge like & Coastal Kitchen, what have they done to the old concierge lounge?

Answering for Ken: No, Dynamic Dining won´t start any earlier. The old Concierge Lounge is currently a construction site and will be turned into the new restaurant Wonderland which opens in March 2015. So far I heard they do serve breakfast at Coastal Kitchen but no lunch or dinner. I think they will start in November (after the Quantum, I´m pretty sure they want to start there with Coastal Kitchen first). So the only new restaurant which is fully up and working is Sabor (o.k., and the Doghouse). Izumi is expected to start in November too.

steamboats

Rickster, I met George on the eastbound TA.