Albert Cuyp Market in Amsterdam

My wife and I are going to be spending a couple of days on our own in Amsterdam before our cruise next year.

I found some information about the Albert Cuyp Market in Amsterdam. It looks like a wonderful street market with food, drink and other things of interest.

Has anyone visited the Albert Cuyp Market while in Amsterdam? What was your experience like? What were your impressions?

What was your favorite part of the market?

Any other comments are welcome. Thanks.

Recently I was again at Albert Cuyp. Yes it is a well know street market all in one long street, filled with a lot of clothing, shoes, also some fish, fruits, snacks and souvenirs, some with real good prices. On the back side of the stalls you will find a lot of stores with more or less the same stuff, some eateries etc.

If you like markets it is nice to see of course. Be aware pickpockers love this place too.

(not open on Sunday by the way).

PS More about Amsterdam in the western europe section, not this northern europe postings.

Edited by Ine

I was last at the market 2 years ago so my info is somewhat dated.

Interesting market, good prices, excellent waffles!! I enjoy the street food most.

FYI - there is also the Waterlooplein flea market if you are interested. Good buys here too - we have found some vintage pins here on several occasions (DB collects).

Edited by dogs4fun

Recently I was again at Albert Cuyp. Yes it is a well know street market all in one long street, filled with a lot of clothing, shoes, also some fish, fruits, snacks and souvenirs, some with real good prices. On the back side of the stalls you will find a lot of stores with more or less the same stuff, some eateries etc.

If you like markets it is nice to see of course. Be aware pickpockers love this place too.

(not open on Sunday by the way).

PS More about Amsterdam in the western europe section, not this northern europe postings.

Thanks, I thought since our cruise in a Northern Europe cruise, posting it here would be appropriate. I'll check out western Europe, as well.

Thanks, I thought since our cruise in a Northern Europe cruise, posting it here would be appropriate. I'll check out western Europe, as well.

We were there 2 days ago as we're doing a week pre-cruise in Amsterdam. We enjoyed it very much, although it was raining when we went. We walked from The Rijksmuseum and enjoyed the walk as well.

Loved the fresh fruit, nuts and the stroopwafels. If we'd had more time we would have bought some fish for a dinner later in the week - everything looked very fresh. We found the souvenir items to be the same as downtown, with better prices (a few Eros difference, not a huge discrepancy). It was far superior to the Bloemenmarkt in our opinion, which had most of the same trinkets at a higher price with larger crowds.

Hope this helps.

Edited by envirochick