Sale alert!!

bbmakin

If you have a cruise booked, check the current pricing...you may be able to get a lower rate!!! We have been checking the prices daily since we booked as I know they always go down, and with no sale emails received or any other notices, we saw the prices dropped $900pp for our cruise so we were able to get the lower rate!!

i just hung up the phone with Wind Star and I'm one happy cruiser! Our Classic Yachtsman cruise for January 30, 2016 is now discounted even more than when we booked and I just saved around $800 per person!

So if you are more than 90 days out from your cruise, call today to see if your cruise has a new price! I'm not sure all choices will have a sale but ours did

And by the way, the helpful person I spoke with said their Fourth of July sale and their 12 days of winter sale are the two best times to book.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing - we just saved $300 per person! Called our travel agent and she got us the new pricing. Yay!

Congrats! Ours is just the opposite: $1,100/pp more now than when we booked -- plus we got two free hotel nights, 35,000 United miles, and a $200 rebate -- so we're feeling OK about the price we paid. :)

Still, I've heard Wind Surf has more suites than typically get booked, so I won't be shy about asking about a reduced price upgrade at the terminal.

Oh no! I just checked and the sailing we've booked is now $500 less per person than what we've already fully paid. Is there anything I can do to get the lower rate? Thanks in advance for any tips!

Sadly, I doubt they will do anything for you but I would call and talk to them anyway.

I was told that once you are 90 days out and have paid in full you are locked in. But perhaps you could negotiate some onboard credit?

Good luck! And you will enjoy the cruise no matter what!

I think you may be out of luck. I called this weekend and was told that because I had paid in full and because my fare included complimentary precruise hotel nights and transfers they could not do anything. The person on the phone was kind of snippy. I am going to call again and talk to the person who helped me book my cruise as she was very helpful. It doesn't hurt to ask, the worst they can say is no.

I called and as expected was told that the sale fares apply only to new bookings, so we won't be able to enjoy the discounts. But we were offered shipboard credit. With the unprompted stateroom upgrade offered previously and the shipboard credit offered now, I'm more than pleasantly surprised! :)

With the deep discounts for the sailing, does it mean there is still a lot of vacancy? In your experience, how full are the Tahiti sailings?

Thanks again for all the help!

Called again this morning and was provided with a generous on board credit!

Given that we had already paid in full and had a couple of other things included in our booking. They were very generous.

First off, thanks for the heads up OP. I called my TA this morning and here's what was worked out. On previous Windstar (and previous owner) I had received the price reduction. My TA had to call back 4 times to finally speak to someone who helped.

I am 99 days out from cruising on the StarBreeze Venice to Athens. The price reduction in my category was significant (at least for me), $600 per person. Windstar uses 120 days for the "penalty" calculations so it really didn't matter to them if I had made final pay,net or not, I was within 120 days of sail.

Long story short I got a 2 category upgrade and a significant OBC. I didn't want to cancel and rebook as it wasn't worth the hassle, fees and changes to my privately purchased trip insurance. Because I was within their 120 day number I feel satisfied than they made a nice gesture and I am not frustrated with pricing.

I do wonder in the future if I should wait it out for sales closer to final payment. I usually book 1+year out when I decide the trip I'd like so I can then secure Business Award seats to/from my destination when they become available. I guess timing is everything.