Malaga Port to Malaga Airport

kimmy_bos

Probably the cheapest way would be to get a taxi to the train station and then a train straight to the airport. The taxi would probably cost around 10 euros and the train around 3 euros. A taxi from the port to the airport costs around 25 euros.

Edited by Bobal

Kimmy, I haven't done it yet, (planning on doing it soon) but I asked on the Malaga Forum in Tripadvisor, and I've been advised that the train is quicker, cheaper, and easier than the bus.

From the Malaga Maria Zambrano Estacion (Train Station) take the

Cernanias train to airport, Linea C1. Trains are :03 and :33 past the hour, duration 13 minutes, 1.35 euros.

You can buy the tickets from machines with euros or credit card.

Edited by helencw

Kimmy, I won't be at Malaga port. From Barcelona post cruise I am going to Sevilla for 2 days, then to Malaga for 2 days where I selected a hotel near the train station. I prefer to travel without taxi's and use public transport instead.

If you go to the Malaga Forum on Tripadvisor, there are posters who know Malaga very well.

Best Wishes to you for a great cruise!

Kimmy, for your further research:

Malaga Travel Forum Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g187438-i333-Malaga_Costa_del_Sol_Andalusia.html

Malaga Transportaion:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187438-c2248/Malaga:Spain:Transportation.Around.Malaga.html

Malaga bus map. Puerto is the port.

http://www.malagainformation.com/images/Malaga-map.pdf

The express bus to the airport goes through central Malaga, so it may be easier for you to take the bus rather than the train:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187438-c134024/Malaga:Spain:To.And.From.The.Malaga.Airport.html

The train station is west of the central city.

Train to Malaga airport:

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/index.html

Kimmy, I haven't done it yet, (planning on doing it soon) but I asked on the Malaga Forum in Tripadvisor, and I've been advised that the train is quicker, cheaper, and easier than the bus.

From the Malaga Maria Zambrano Estacion (Train Station) take the

Cernanias train to airport, Linea C1. Trains are :03 and :33 past the hour, duration 13 minutes, 1.35 euros.

You can buy the tickets from machines with euros or credit card.

This is what i did last year - to and from the airport (I had parked my car there). It was cheap and easy,

.......although going to the port I managed to have my purse stolen which added to the cost! I had only about £40 in the purse and luckily the passports were not stolen as I am not sure if we would have lost the cruise if we had turned up with no passports :eek:

Just warning you. I actually think it was the taxi driver who stole it whilst taking my bag out for me. It was only later that I recalled that he had taken too long getting it off the back seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kimmy, I'm back from a wonderful cruise from Barcelona and a few days in Andalucia.

I didn't go to the cruise port in Malaga, but I have some info for you:

http://www.crucerosmalaga.net/eng/index.html

From the cruiseport to the central city is 3 km,

" to the rail station Maria Zambrano is 3.8 km,

" to the airport is 9 km

There is the possibility of you taking the shuttle bus from the port to the Malaga center for 2 euros, then the airport bus A for another 2 euros, duration 20- 25 minutes to the airport.

Or you could take a taxi from the port to the Maria Zambrano Estacion (rail station.)

This is a new well designed modern station with many shops, restaurants, and services, including luggage storage.

When you get to this station, look for signs to the Cercanias, the local trains which are like a metro system. It is near the consigna (left luggage).

You can buy the tickets from a person at the booth or from machines with euros or credit card. 1.4 euros, Linea C-1, zone 1

There are only 2 lines and 2 platforms. Platform 10 will take you to the airport in 13 minutes and 3 stops. Platform 11 will take you to the next stop in central Malaga in 3 minutes.

http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/mapa_zonas_malaga.html

Trains to the airport are :03 and :33 past the hour.

I was extremely impressed with this station and trains. Announcements for all train departures are announced clearly in Spanish and English. The path is totally wheelchair accessible. (I rolled my suitcases throughout, and never had to lift my suitcases from my hotel to the check in at the airport.) on the train there is one wheelchair accessible entrance, with seats and a large accessible clean toilet. Route and stop info are on overhead screens.

Have a great trip!

We had such a nice experience in Malaga. Everyone is so nice and friendly, even at check in at the airport! Because the airport is so close to the city, all the options of getting there are low cost and easy. i definitely want to cruise from there in the future.

• 3 years later...

Just wanted to give this a little bump and ask what is the going rate now for a taxi from the cruise port to the airport for four people? We are planning on picking up a rental car at the airport. Is there a close bus stop at the park?

Just wanted to give this a little bump and ask what is the going rate now for a taxi from the cruise port to the airport for four people? We are planning on picking up a rental car at the airport. Is there a close bus stop at the park?

While you could pick up a car at the airport, have you considered the locations at the train station. You could get a taxi to the train station for just 10 euro each way and be there about 20 minutes earlier.

The taxi fare to the airport is still at 25 euros.

Malaga airport is a major tour destination and wait times at the airport rental car offices can sometimes be quite lengthy.

I think you have Enterprise/Alamo, Europcar, Goldcar, Avis and Hertz among others at the train station.

While you could pick up a car at the airport, have you considered the locations at the train station. You could get a taxi to the train station for just 10 euro each way and be there about 20 minutes earlier.

The taxi fare to the airport is still at 25 euros.

Malaga airport is a major tour destination and wait times at the airport rental car offices can sometimes be quite lengthy.

I think you have Enterprise/Alamo, Europcar, Goldcar, Avis and Hertz among others at the train station.

Thank you for the information and the suggestion to go to the train station instead to miss all the lengthy lines. Will check into this.