Concierge Class boarding day lunch

Michyfis

We will be in Concierge next year to Australia and hope this nice perk is still available then. I looked on the Celebrity website to see if there is any mention of it when you read about the amenities of each cabin category. No mention of it at all that I can see.

• 2 months later...

All staterooms include:

Services

• Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1

• Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)

• Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

• 24 hour room service

Amenities

• Robe

• Complimentary tote bag

• Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

• Water/wine glasses

• Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens

• Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

• Private mini-bar*

• Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*

• Private safe

• Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

•NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk

• Priority check-in

• NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in

• Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

• Exclusive pre-departure lounge

• NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge

• Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)

• Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Amenities

•Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work

• Welcome fresh fruit

• Daily Delectable Delights

• Pillow menu to suit sleeping preferences

• Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens

• Concierge Class Captain's Club points (5 pts per night)

• Plush 100% cotton bathrobes & towels

• Custom-blended bath amenities

• Extra handheld hair dryer

• Use of golf umbrella and binoculars

• Celebrity tote bag

• Celebrity embossed key holder

• Celebrity embossed notepad and pen

Stateroom features

• Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

Hi,

I saw on Celebrity's website about the cc boarding day lunch. Should be good if it happens. If lunch is from 11:30am to 1:00pm, does that mean we can board quite early, say around 11:00am? We are on Solstice for the Xmas/New Year cruise from Sydney this year and we would like to get on as early as possible to enjoy every minute [emoji4]. We have done one other cruise on Royal's Rhapsody and loved it! Can't wait to cruise again and try Celebrity as we have heard good things and Solstice looks amazing [emoji4]

We were in CC on the Millennium's 6/24 Alaska sailing. My husband is not a big fan of the buffet, so he was pleasantly surprised to find out about our being able to dine in the MDR on embarkation day. We had a wonderful, quiet, relaxing lunch and it was a great start to our vacation! (I will say that two of our three kids left hungry because there was nothing on the menu that they cared for. They were too excited to care, though. We headed up to the buffet later in the afternoon to grab them some snacks.)

We were in CC on the Millennium's 6/24 Alaska sailing. My husband is not a big fan of the buffet, so he was pleasantly surprised to find out about our being able to dine in the MDR on embarkation day. We had a wonderful, quiet, relaxing lunch and it was a great start to our vacation! (I will say that two of our three kids left hungry because there was nothing on the menu that they cared for. They were too excited to care, though. We headed up to the buffet later in the afternoon to grab them some snacks.)

Often families split up because some want to eat in the MDR while others would rather go to the buffet or the pool grill, so they all get to eat what they want and are happy.

It depends on the ages and maturity of the children though, if permitting them to go get their own food without an adult.

The menu for the embarkation day lunch (as well as other lunches and dinners) is usually posted outside the dining room where people can look it over and see if it appeals to them before deciding whether or not they want to eat there.

I have seen several threads that mention a special MDR lunch for CC passengers on boarding day. Does anyone know if this is fleet wide, a pilot or at the discretion of the ship's crew. It sounds like a nice perk. We are on the Milly May 12 to Alaska and would like to find out if this is going to take place. Thanks.

The Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch is available fleet-wide in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm).

As for us our usual embarkation eatery was Bistro. Even with the fee we loved it. Thank goodness we'll have the MDR being Concierge in January. My husband uses a walker and scooter so the buffet on that day is not good. We'll head for the dining room and appreciate the opportunity to relax.

Pat

The Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch is available fleet-wide in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm).

So I can enter the dining room until 1 pm and I will be seated? We usually board on the later side but will be there a bit earlier to take advantage of this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be Aqua class on September Summit cruise.

I know the lunch is for Concierge, not Aqua, but do they check your card at the entrance to the MDR to confirm that you are Concierge?

Will they stop us from entering?:confused:

I know the lunch is for Concierge, not Aqua, but do they check your card at the entrance to the MDR to confirm that you are Concierge?

Do they check cards at the entrance to Blu?

Will they stop non-Aqua pax from entering ?

How is it confusing? One is Concierge, one is Aqua.

Seems pretty simple.

Yes, I believe they do. Btw, we are AQ on our upcoming cruise later this month and plan to enjoy the Bistro on Five.

What is the policy if two non-concierge class travel companions also want to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day?

They will not be allowed. We traveled with friends who were CC, and we were not. I encouraged them to go and enjoy the CC lunch. They did and enjoyed it very much.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Do they check cards at the entrance to Blu?

Will they stop non-Aqua pax from entering ?

How is it confusing? One is Concierge, one is Aqua.

Seems pretty simple.

I thought Aqua was a step above Concierge and got all the perks that C got plus special spa ones, like Blu. :confused:

Edited by Hydrokitty

Just returned from a British Isles cruise on the Silhouette -- we did eat in the dining room. There was enough variety for most people (you know there are always the complainers!!)

I also appreciated the Concierge host on deck 10 and Lawrence's hours were posted. Sometimes there was a line up, but was much easier planning specialty restaurants, excursions etc. with him than going to deck three.. Lawrence also left a daily phone message to all concierge cabins about the next day and some interesting items.:)

My only downfall with the restaurant -- was that a man at the table we were seated at (we did not ask - he just volunteered the information) indicated that he had lied on the health form at pre-boarding. Sure enough -- I contacted his cold which turned into bronchitis!!!!!

It was a nice touch with eating in the restaurant - thank you Celebrity:D

So be it - in Aqua also. I am not into a big meal in the middle of the days. I might go to the buffet, perhaps try a burger or even try raw fish on 5.

Try the Aqua Spa cafe....it's a great option for b-fast and lunch....especially if you prefer plant based foods. We discovered it by accident (and it's not an easy place to find) but b'fast (on Infinity) was cooked to order egg white omelets; cold cereal without sugar coating; healthy muffins that were small and delicious especially the carrot and ginger ones.....lunch was a make your own salad with fat free dressings and fresh fruit or custard they did with fruit that was really good. Then we did our guilt free splurge at dinner in the MDR! :D

We were definitely offered the MDR lunch in May on the Summit as CC passengers. It's not available for Aqua Class. Although the idea sounded great, the menu selection was pretty limited so we opted to skip it this time. I hope they offer a few more items in the future.

• 6 months later...
This is not a big deal. But, I have to wonder about the logic of offering this perk to a class that is one step lower than AQ while AQ goes to the buffet?

Personally I have never seen CC as a lower class, just a different class. Same type of cabin, different combination of extras.

I look at different class being inside cabin compared to outside cabin or Aqua compared to suite.

But I do agree, why would they not open it to AQ and CC as they are both at the same kind of level?