Celebrity Eclipse Advise please !!!

FLOPSY123

Just booked 14 night South Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Eclipse , Concierge class aft cabin 1280 for November , as first time cruisers need ALL the advise we can get .!!!!! It is for a Special wedding anniversary !!! so want to get it right .:confused:

Any advise on their Select dinning which we have booked and also on Drinks packages , as Europeans we enjoy good wine with our meals but also like the odd G&T or occasional cocktail , we enjoy our drinks but not ' hard core ' Heavy drinkers ... well actually ..... no we do enjoy a drink or two ....

Also on this ship how many ' Formal ' nights are there and how formal ? do I need cocktail dress or full length , don't want to look over dressed !

Is it true absolutely NO own drinks are allowed on board for pre drink in cabin whilst getting ready ?

Any other advise would be appreciated so as to maximise enjoyment !

Anyone else on this trip hope to bump into you on board !:)

Just booked 14 night South Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Eclipse , Concierge class aft cabin 1280 for November , as first time cruisers need ALL the advise we can get .!!!!! It is for a Special wedding anniversary !!! so want to get it right .:confused:

Any advise on their Select dinning which we have booked and also on Drinks packages , as Europeans we enjoy good wine with our meals but also like the odd G&T or occasional cocktail , we enjoy our drinks but not ' hard core ' Heavy drinkers ... well actually ..... no we do enjoy a drink or two ....

Also on this ship how many ' Formal ' nights are there and how formal ? do I need cocktail dress or full length , don't want to look over dressed !

Is it true absolutely NO own drinks are allowed on board for pre drink in cabin whilst getting ready ?

Any other advise would be appreciated so as to maximise enjoyment !

Anyone else on this trip hope to bump into you on board !:)

Did the Eclipse in January loved it! First I suggest you contact mycruisephotos.com and order the photo package. What a great value to have all of the cruise photos of the two of you. You can typically get them on a CD then make a photobook when home.

On formal nights, most people did dress formally- men a Tux or dark suit and tie. The ladies were all decked out it their fancy attire- gowns yes-many-or fancy cocktail dress. I remeber three formal nights.

You are allowed to bring some wine on board but you will pay a fee when they uncork and serve you. Maybe you should consider a beverage package as on celebrity it is more then Alchoholic beverages.

Thank you , could I take wine on board to open myself and drink in cabin whilst getting ready ?
Yes.

There is no corkage fee if you consume the wine in your own cabin, but only if you take the bottle to the dining room or other public venue.

Any advise on excursions ? Are they cheaper to book independently and is it safe to do this ?
Yes, but as anywhere else, use reasonable caution. You can find recommendations of tour operators for the various islands in the ports of call forums. Here is a link

*Ports of Call - Cruise Critic

Just scroll down under Caribbean and click on the islands you want.

I agree that you should consider getting a beverage package since you enjoy wines and cocktails.

Thank you , could I take wine on board to open myself and drink in cabin whilst getting ready ?

Any advise on excursions ? Are they cheaper to book independently and is it safe to do this ?

I am conservative regarding shore excursions. Have

heard some great as well as horror stories. If a private operator has a flat tire and you miss the ship you are liable for expenes to get to the next port.

I would only consider in a port like Bermuda as the ship docks for a few days. I am a whimp!

I am conservative regarding shore excursions. Have

heard some great as well as horror stories. If a private operator has a flat tire and you miss the ship you are liable for expenes to get to the next port.

I would only consider in a port like Bermuda as the ship docks for a few days. I am a whimp!

I think you will find that the recommended, reliable independent tour operators have back-up plans in place, for boat rides as well as land excursions.

Their livelihood depends on getting the cruise passengers back to the ship on time, so we have always found them to be even more concerned about getting us back on time than we were ourselves.

At most ports, the independent tour operators cooperate and help each other out. They will describe their back-up plans to you if you ask.

In all the stories we have heard about passengers missing a ship in port, it was because the passengers themselves were shopping or drinking in port and lost track of time, not because an independent tour operator failed to get them back in time.

They allow two bottles of wine per cabin to be brought on board. Also, the drinks packages do not cover room service or the items in your in cabin refrigerator.

For first time cruisers I recommend taking ship tours. If you go it alone, and you're not used to the whys and wherefores of cruising, you could run the risk of missing the ship.

Archived