Celebrity shower size for baby tub

Katemusical

I'm counting down the minutes till my family is on the Celebrity next week. I could not find the answer on the boards so I'm hoping someone can answer this for me.

We are taking my 17 month old with us; and will need to get something to make a tub in the shower for him. I have read about people bringing blow up tubs for their little ones. What size or what kind should I be buying for our trip?

Has anyone done this?

Really don't need any of that. Who wants to mess with blowing up a tub! Just put him in the shower. It has a lip and he can just crawl around in the water as it drains....will probably love to splash in it. And rinse him with the handheld.

The stewards clean the shower floors very well. But you can take a can of Lysol if you prefer to spray it down with.

That's what I'd do. Even if he gets the water out of the shower, it still won't get in the cabin...the whole bathroom floor drains as well.

Edited by BecciBoo

When we cruised in 2006 with then our 24 month old, we brought a roll of shelf liner to put down on the shower floor so she wouldn't slip. We didn't have a handheld, but we did have sand buckets. One filled with soapy water. One clean. Soaped her up, then rinsed her off. They also make great presoaped disposable washcloths. Wet, wash, rinse. That 24 month old is now 13 & I'm sending her to sleep away camp with them this week.

https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White-Hot-Inflatable-Duck/dp/B000066665/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1468278655&sr=1-1&keywords=inflatable+bath+tub

$10.00 at a store go for it. I rather be in a tub then catching athletes foot, no matter how speckle and shiny they clean it. and yes they really clean the bathroom down big time

WOW, YOU stand in this when you shower???????????? How do you avoid "athletes' foot" yourself?

Sorry, But in over 20 cruises, never had a problem with any fungus. And I never spray the floor.:cool:

There are germs everywhere, how about the car you put the baby in everyday, do you spray that down? Or the countless things they put in their mouths while you're not looking...We all grew up with NO Lysol and we made it...just sayin...relax folks...

and put Windex on it...;)

Sorry for the rant OP.

You don't mention if you are on M Class or S Class. The showers on Celebrity S class are tiny. They are in one corner and have an angled door. I would say 3ft by 3ft at the absolute max. There is no handheld shower, which is problematic when bathing a small child. I would bring a large plastic cup for rinsing your child and maybe a 3ft diameter play pool or something smaller for the floor of the shower.

I should mention that the advisory committee of women who designed the S class bathrooms and cabins did a terrible job. The faucet is too big for the sink (which is a faux vessel sink) and makes it hard to wash your face. The toilet is wedged tightly between the counter and shower and the shower is small. The shower head is fixed instead of having a handheld (these are the ONLY ships (or boats, for that matter,) that I have seen that don't have a handheld) which helps greatly in these small ship showers. Inexplicably they included a ledge for shaving your legs - at a time when most women get waxed or laser hair removal. AND there's no clothesline for wet bathing suits due to the shape of the shower (bring your own clothesline or some binder clips to dry your swimsuits.) As far as design goes, none of it makes any sense. Sigh. But then this "advisory committee of women" also designed tiny closets with flimsy doors, storage shelves way to high for most women to reach and almost no drawer space in the cabin. People here joke the cabins were designed by a committee of very tall women with hairy legs on a nudist cruise. That's about the ONLY thing that could explain the terrible design. Even the family verandah cabins are badly designed with only 1 TV in the living room and no TV in the MBR or second bedroom and only one bathroom in a cabin meant for 5.

Here you can see a photo of the S Class bathroom here - scroll down:

http://www.beyondships.com/images/6_bathroom.jpg

At least there is some storage in the bathroom.

The M Class showers are also small and have a curtain.

I have to agree with SuiteTraveler with regards to the shower in the S class cabins. They are really tiny and are angled in a very weird way so I can't see a blow up pool of any kind fitting in there. How about taking a shower with the baby? Parents do that a lot when traveling.

...... or you could use the more spacious showers in the spa locker room.

But the convenience of accessing them would depend upon the location of your cabin.

Not too bad if you are close to the forward elevators, but a long hike if you are at the back of the ship.

https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White-Hot-Inflatable-Duck/dp/B000066665/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1468278655&sr=1-1&keywords=inflatable+bath+tub

$10.00 at a store go for it. I rather be in a tub then catching athletes foot, no matter how speckle and shiny they clean it. and yes they really clean the bathroom down big time

Love this - wish we would have had one back in the day!

I do not remember what site we ordered a travel blow up tub(that looked like a ducky) for our granddaughter 9 years ago, but it fit perfectly in the shower on a Carnival ship, and worked beautifully. A lot easier to bathe your baby than to try to shower the baby and get yourself soaked too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm counting down the minutes till my family is on the Celebrity next week. I could not find the answer on the boards so I'm hoping someone can answer this for me.

We are taking my 17 month old with us; and will need to get something to make a tub in the shower for him. I have read about people bringing blow up tubs for their little ones. What size or what kind should I be buying for our trip?

Has anyone done this?

Here's a good view of our shower size on Celebrity Reflection. I have some more, but this shows the size and the type of floor. Something inflatable might squeeze in there. You'll love Celebrity - have a great cruise!!

IMG_0403.jpg.e35c539632622a03aa4e42d50215a2fb.jpg

There would be no issue taking a baby blow up tub. There are several and would fit. I think people are thinking of baby pools which are much larger. The baby blow up tubs are closer to kitchen sink sizes. It will fit in the shower.

There would be no issue taking a baby blow up tub. There are several and would fit. I think people are thinking of baby pools which are much larger. The baby blow up tubs are closer to kitchen sink sizes. It will fit in the shower.

Per above ^^^^ .... They will easily fit in the shower! :)

The showers on Celebrity S class are tiny. They are in one corner and have an angled door. I would say 3ft by 3ft at the absolute max. There is no handheld shower, which is problematic when bathing a small child. I would bring a large plastic cup for rinsing your child and maybe a 3ft diameter play pool or something smaller for the floor of the shower.

The showers on Reflection do have a handheld shower. I guess it is one more way Reflection differs from her sisters.

QUOTE=SuiteTraveler;50492806]

I should mention that the advisory committee of women who designed the S class bathrooms and cabins did a terrible job. The faucet is too big for the sink (which is a faux vessel sink) and makes it hard to wash your face. The toilet is wedged tightly between the counter and shower and the shower is small. The shower head is fixed instead of having a handheld (these are the ONLY ships (or boats, for that matter,) that I have seen that don't have a handheld) which helps greatly in these small ship showers. Inexplicably they included a ledge for shaving your legs - at a time when most women get waxed or laser hair removal. AND there's no clothesline for wet bathing suits due to the shape of the shower (bring your own clothesline or some binder clips to dry your swimsuits.) As far as design goes, none of it makes any sense. Sigh. But then this "advisory committee of women" also designed tiny closets with flimsy doors, storage shelves way to high for most women to reach and almost no drawer space in the cabin. People here joke the cabins were designed by a committee of very tall women with hairy legs on a nudist cruise. That's about the ONLY thing that could explain the terrible design. Even the family verandah cabins are badly designed with only 1 TV in the living room and no TV in the MBR or second bedroom and only one bathroom in a cabin meant for 5.

Interesting perceptions. I found the showers on the S-Class ships had plenty of room. I believe the wax/laser hair removal is dependent on the age of the individual and the region. Hubby and I have found that the storage was adequate for our needs.

OP, a small blow up and a large plastic cup should do the trick.