New Smoking Policy

FKGirl

Well, I would say it is about time... received this from Seabourn this morning...

Dear Travel Partner,

Thank you for continuing to recommend Seabourn to your valued clients.

We are writing to give you advance notice that we will soon be implementing changes to our onboard smoking policies to better align them with the wishes of our guests. These changes are being made for the comfort and convenience of all our travelers, in response to surveys conducted during the past year, as well as ongoing comments from our guests and their travel agents.

The new smoking policy takes effect on all ships starting on the following dates (as well as any combination cruise spanning these dates):

• Seabourn Quest: 11/28/16, Buenos Aries – Valparaiso

• Seabourn Encore: 12/4/16, Athens – Dubai

• Seabourn Sojourn: 12/5/16, Dubai – Singapore

• Seabourn Odyssey: 12/7/16, Lisbon – Ft. Lauderdale

Smoking will no longer be permitted anywhere inside any Seabourn ship at any time, including on the private verandas of guest suites.

For guests who wish to smoke, there will continue to be designated areas:

• On the starboard half of the Sky Bar on Deck 9 (Seabourn Encore Deck 10) including the bar stools

• On the starboard half of the open terrace aft of The Club on Deck 5

• Smoking of cigarettes, pipes and cigars is permitted on the open terrace aft of Seabourn Square on Deck 7. This is the only area on board where pipe and cigar smoking is permitted.

Smoking of water pipes, glass pipes or other smoking devices is not permitted on board. Smoking is not permitted on open decks during fuel bunkering operations in port. Smoking of electronic cigarettes is permitted in guest suites, as well as other designated smoking areas.

Please share this information with your clients. Additionally, Seabourn will notify guests with contact information on file via email or mail sent July 27, 2016. The revised policy will be posted on our website in the section entitled FAQs under the heading "Is Smoking Allowed?" It will also be printed in the daily Seabourn Herald on board all Seabourn ships.

Should your clients have questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us by August 15 to discuss options.

We thank those of you who have taken the time to advise us of your opinions about our smoking policies.

Sincerely,

Seabourn

Fantastic news, however, do you mean from 2017 not 2016 for sojourn and odyssey?

The only question on this is that i hope that this will not force all smokers to behind SB square, so it prooves awkward for others to use.

Edited by Tillylovesseabourn

Brilliant news!!! Congrats to all who have pushed for this, especially Markham. No more smoking in the Observation Lounge, or balconies. I think we could have done with one less outdoor space, but still great news.

When we were on-board in March/April, we had been told that the smoking issues was very much the subject of discussion at head office. So this latest change in policy does not surprise me. Nevertheless, it is good news and I congratulate Seabourn on making the changes.

We will be on the Odyssey during the change. We board in Barcelona Nov 23 and are on until FLL so we look forward to seeing the Observation lounge be smoke free as that's our favourite spot. Good to see this change.

I would say it is only about a third - but pipes and cigars are allowed, which can make it unbearable even at the other end. It does look as if it is now going to be the whole area at the stern, which is a shame, as it is sometimes a lovely area to sit quietly and look at the wake and scenery.

Yea! The timing is exactly as I was led to believe when we were on the Odyssey in June. Nice to know on our Antarctica cruise we can enjoy smoke free evenings in the Observation Bar.The smoking on the balcony was less of a concern on this cruise -- can't imagine any of us will be spending long hours on our balcony.

C'mon people; give smokers a break. I'm one of them and totally agree that smoking should not be allowed in the Observation Lounge or on suite balconies. In the spirit of compromise and balancing all passengers rights and preferences I would think that you would be happy with the decision to exclude those (easily avoidable to others) areas from those available to the ones of us "with the habit" without harping about even more restrictions. I guess I expected too much.

I for one have no problem with the outdoor areas designated for smokers. We spent many an afternoon sitting on the port side of the Sky Bar. As smokers puffed away on the other side we were never bothered by the smoke.

I have no problem with designated smoking areas outside. However, it reads that the area to the rear of SB square is to be all smoking. I for one would be more than happy if it were kept as it is,with an area for smokers,however it does not read that this is the case.