Who Broke the Mirror?

Cooee_Kid

I just want to know who broke the mirror on the Star?:eek: First 10 metre seas,:( then dry dock for more troubles,:( now a big low off Queensland is just waiting for the Pacific Star to return.:( Would someone just 'fess up so we can throw them overboard so all can get back to normal?:rolleyes:

Would someone just 'fess up so we can throw them overboard so all can get back to normal?

:) :p

There was a bloke sitting in the Legends Bar on the Sky during the Malacca Straits trip that broke down in 05.

He was heard to say that he had been on every single trip on the Sky that had experienced problems.

To this day he'll never know how close he came to being thrown overboard. ;) :D

Maybe these days he travels on the Star :eek:

:) :p

There was a bloke sitting in the Legends Bar on the Sky during the Malacca Straits trip that broke down in 05.

He was heard to say that he had been on every single trip on the Sky that had experienced problems.

To this day he'll never know how close he came to being thrown overboard. ;) :D

Maybe these days he travels on the Star :eek:

His name wasn't Jonah was it?:eek:

Yes I usually get an email each day... That's how I knew that diver's had been in the water under the ship again in Vila.

I believe they are having fun. Of course we will hear all about it in two more sleeps!!! When I spoke to my Mum (Suey) earlier tonight and asked her what she was doing this weekend the response was not much, oh I guess I have to go pick them up! Took me a moment to work out who them was!!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

OK it's official, I need to go back to bed and start today again. I didn't actually notice that the last photo was only posted a few mins ago. The date on the cruise cam photo said 23/8 and I thought it was posted yesterday. Sorry all :(

I just want to know who broke the mirror on the Star?:eek: First 10 metre seas,:( then dry dock for more troubles,:( now a big low off Queensland is just waiting for the Pacific Star to return.:( Would someone just 'fess up so we can throw them overboard so all can get back to normal?:rolleyes:

The lovely white lady has not been herself since the change of captain...:eek:

....... cheers shiona

Just looking at those webcams from voer the bow.

Paula and I were on Carnival Freedom in July in the Med. I think the worst it got was on one day I was going up some stairs on the Spa deck and had to grab the handrail once or twice. The same day I felt a little bit of movement while in the shower with my eyes closed and had to steady myself. So all in all a very calm trip.

We are trying to organise a cruise for 2009 and I was thinking of Melbourne to NZ in February across the Tasman. As Paula thinks she is prone to sea sickness but didn't get a chance to find out in July just what is it like in the sort of weather I can see from the web cams on this post? Would getting an oceanview or balcony cabin help to cope with the motion or they so far up in the ship that they exagerate the movement?

David

Oh dear, just looked at those earlier photos.

Speaking of captains where has Captain Ravera gone, anyone know?

DavidandPaula, the balcony may help with the motion sickness but certainly the higher up the more movement. Friends were in a suite in July and there was a big difference in the movement between their cabin and our lowclass inside one. :)

Oh dear, just looked at those earlier photos.

Speaking of captains where has Captain Ravera gone, anyone know?

DavidandPaula, the balcony may help with the motion sickness but certainly the higher up the more movement. Friends were in a suite in July and there was a big difference in the movement between their cabin and our lowclass inside one. :)

Hi ADF, Captain Ravera was on the Dawn Princess in May-July this year.

he was on board when the sightseeing plane went down in Alaska killing 5 passengers from the ship.

I don't know where he is at the moment.

I agree with you, the lower cabins in centre of ship are better in rough weather, regardless what others say.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

It’s called P&O selling off the Star :p

Just looking at those webcams from voer the bow.

Paula and I were on Carnival Freedom in July in the Med. I think the worst it got was on one day I was going up some stairs on the Spa deck and had to grab the handrail once or twice. The same day I felt a little bit of movement while in the shower with my eyes closed and had to steady myself. So all in all a very calm trip.

We are trying to organise a cruise for 2009 and I was thinking of Melbourne to NZ in February across the Tasman. As Paula thinks she is prone to sea sickness but didn't get a chance to find out in July just what is it like in the sort of weather I can see from the web cams on this post? Would getting an oceanview or balcony cabin help to cope with the motion or they so far up in the ship that they exagerate the movement?

David

Don't know whether I should say this but I have often been told that the Tasman is the ROUGHEST crossing in the world. We cruised to UK back in July '75 and our roughest days (of the 35) were certainly the first 3 from Sydney to Auckland. However, noone in my family got sea sick.

Karen.

Hi ADF, Captain Ravera was on the Dawn Princess in May-July this year.

he was on board when the sightseeing plane went down in Alaska killing 5 passengers from the ship.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

A similar thing happened again a few days ago when 5 passengers from the Zuiderdam were killed when a plane went down in Traitor's Cove near Ketchikan. Very sad indeed.

Karen

Archived