Vision Adventure Ocean (Kids' Club)

I saw a very brief comment a little while back regarding the small size of Adventure Ocean on Vision. We're going to be on Vision in a couple of weeks and are really hoping that our kids spend a decent amount of time there so their parents can get a litte R&R too. Does anyone have any comments on the size of AO on Vision and its amenities (especially compared to Radiance and Oasis class ships). Thx.

I saw a very brief comment a little while back regarding the small size of Adventure Ocean on Vision. We're going to be on Vision in a couple of weeks and are really hoping that our kids spend a decent amount of time there so their parents can get a litte R&R too. Does anyone have any comments on the size of AO on Vision and its amenities (especially compared to Radiance and Oasis class ships). Thx.

I am assuming that it's roughly the same size as AO on Grandeur, and our son has been in that club. If so, there are two rooms - one for 3-5 and one for 6-11. They are relatively smaller rooms, but our son loved going and they seemed to do quite a lot. He was in the 3-5 room twice. The other room was packed during our Thanksgiving cruise; however, many of those kids had sign-out privileges, so there was steady stream of kids going in and out. HTH

• 4 months later...
Hi just seen this thread and wondered what you thought of the kids club I have a 3&5 year old any idea of the times and how it actually works?

If you click on the links below in my signature, I posted the Adventure Ocean dailies for both our cruises on Grandeur. I would assume that Vision runs the same types of activities as the ships are same class, so the kids clubs are probably identical in size. Our son loved the kids club on Grandeur, although he went there more his second cruise than his first - probably because there were more kids there on our second cruise. The hours are posted for sea days, and they will vary based on port day times (club opens 30 minutes before first ship-sponsored excursion.

HTH

Great info loved reading your reviews[emoji106][emoji1]can you remember the rough times of the clubs is ther a morning afternoon and evening? We are going half term so will be there early to register them [emoji6]

Our second cruise was over Thanksgiving, so ship had ton of kids - over 600 kids. We noticed that on the first sea day, there was huge line as parents were trying to get kids into club. In the evenings, there were also bigger lines around 7pm when the club opened - especially on sea days.

You cannot really sign up for specific times/hours. You register the day you board - on our cruise, there were two time slots that the club was open for registration/ open house. You definitely want to get your paperwork done on this day, and also this gives your kids a chance to meet other kids and parents, although our son met most of his friends at the pool.

As you may have read, our son hated MDR, so we fed him at WJ most nights and then dropped him off at kids club. We never kept him in there very late - usually picked him up at 9-9:30pm, and another tip - he was always a bit hungry after we picked him up so we walked over to Park Cafe for a cookie or brownie.

Great info loved reading your reviews[emoji106][emoji1]can you remember the rough times of the clubs is ther a morning afternoon and evening? We are going half term so will be there early to register them [emoji6]

I haven't seen the AO on Vision, but on the other ships the times for sea days have been 9am-12pm, 2-5 pm and 7-10pm. On sea days it's one 30 minutes before the first ship excursion until 30 minutes after the last excursion gets back. There will be an open house and registration on Day 1, but you can register on any day. There is also a late night party zone from 10pm-2am. The charge is $7 per hour per child.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

What are the safety protocols regarding Adventure Ocean on any of the ships? I'm a little hesitant to send my 4 & 6 year olds-- is it pretty secure as far as parents signing kids in and out and children not being able to leave?

What are the safety protocols regarding Adventure Ocean on any of the ships? I'm a little hesitant to send my 4 & 6 year olds-- is it pretty secure as far as parents signing kids in and out and children not being able to leave?

Yes. When you register, you list the people who can check the kids in or out, and when you pick up the kids, they check your seapass to see if you are on the list. Also, there is a gate that needs to be buzzed opened for the kids to leave the club, so they cannot really escape on their own. Older kids, I think 9 and older, can be given permission by their parents to sign themselves in and out, so you may see some kids going in and out without adults. This is why.