Lack of self-serve laundry facilities...

Pengawin3

Is anyone else annoyed that there are no self-serve facilities on the Equinox?

What with the smaller amounts allowed on flights AND the extra charges for luggage, I wonder why Celebrity has little or no laundramats on board? Princess had laundry on every deck!

Really, who wants to send their underwear out for cleaning? I know "I'm on vacation", but I would really rather just do it myself.

Anyone else want to chime in?

NOPE....more than happy to stuff that Celebrity provided bag full of as much stuff as I can get in it and send it to them to clean. I want NOTHING to do with laundry when I am on vacation....

Sorry but I don't share your pain at all!!!

Nope from me as well. I have no desire to do laundry while on a cruise,

never have and never will.

You ask why Celebrity doesn't offer it? I guess they don't feel the need.

I agree with Gracie, sorry, don't feel your pain either.

I agree that it is not necessary for us to have laundry facilities. It actually made us pack more conservatively and finally cured me (for the most part) of overpacking with too many clothes that go home unworn. I am on the "no laundry on vacation" bandwagon. Worth every dime to avoid it by sending it out. Makes it even more of a real vacation!

I agree that it is not necessary for us to have laundry facilities. It actually made us pack more conservatively and finally cured me (for the most part) of overpacking with too many clothes that go home unworn. I am on the "no laundry on vacation" bandwagon. Worth every dime to avoid it by sending it out. Makes it even more of a real vacation!

Guess I'm in the minority here. :( Guess I'll just have to do my "dainties" in the sink. I too hate doing laundry on vacation, but throwing a load or two in over 2 weeks is hardly a chore. I'll be utilizing the "fill a bag" deal this trip!

As to packing conservatively...I can pack everything needed for two weeks (if I can do some laundry) into a carry-on. I've got this packing thing down to a science...two pairs of shoes, mix and match evening wear/daywear, etc. Guess I'll have to check a bag for our transatlantic adventure.

Guess I'm in the minority here. :( Guess I'll just have to do my "dainties" in the sink. I too hate doing laundry on vacation, but throwing a load or two in over 2 weeks is hardly a chore. I'll be utilizing the "fill a bag" deal this trip!

As to packing conservatively...I can pack everything needed for two weeks (if I can do some laundry) into a carry-on. I've got this packing thing down to a science...two pairs of shoes, mix and match evening wear/daywear, etc. Guess I'll have to check a bag for our transatlantic adventure.

It just happens those of us who don't agree with your viewpoint have

replied. I have read alot of posts about this subject over the years and there are

others who agree with your point of view. They just haven't chimed in.

Of course we are on a message board so debate is what keeps thing going:)

I don't want to do laundry either, and I'm grateful that there are no laundry facilities on board as then I don't have to feel guilty about not wanting to do it!

Celebrity's laundry services do a great job, and I feel that the prices are fair.

X never has had them, and I predict they never will. No I'm not annoyed, but that's just me. If they are a necessary part of your cruise experience, other lines do have them.

My last long cruise on X was in '99 and there were NO limits on baggage with airlines, so I never even considered doing laundry!

I understand other lines have laundry facilities. I have been on numerous lines and ships. I do not choose my vacation based on laundry, but having the option is always a good thing.

Your vacation and mine are two different things with divergent needs and wants. As it should be!!!

[...]

I'd be annoyed if there were laundromats.

Who wants to see passengers lugging dirty clothes back and forth all day?

What with the smaller amounts allowed on flights AND the extra charges for luggage, I wonder why Celebrity has little or no laundramats on board? Princess had laundry on every deck!

Really, who wants to send their underwear out for cleaning? I know "I'm on vacation", but I would really rather just do it myself.

Lol it's a cruise vacatoin not a camping trip

I have (in the past) done laundry on a cruise. :eek: But, never again. My brilliant laundry plan had me running back and forth from the laundry room to somewhere outside as we transited the Panama Canal.

Now, I pack enough undies, and send out the rest.

I do wish Celebrity had self service laundry. I use it whenever we're on Princess. Comes in very handy with a family of four, especially on a longer trip. But it isn't important enough to affect my choice of cruise.

Like the OP, I'm one of those people who would really rather wash my own undies! On our last cruise on the Mariner of the Seas, I sent out a load of laundry including everyone's underwear. They called me back because they counted 14 and I had marked 13. Good of them to be so conscientious, but I felt funny discussing our undies with some stranger on the phone.:o I'll make sure to count extra carefully next time.

I would like the option of self-service laundry on Celebrity. We're from Australia, and our cruises are part of longer vacations. I happily give up a couple of hours on longer cruises, to do my laundry and arrive at the next destination with clean clothes.

Definitely a consideration when choosing a cruise, but not a deal breaker. We had a Princess Panama Canal cruise booked for 2011, but after a wonderful Transatlantic on the Equinox, we have changed to the Celebrity Infinity.

Wonderful service on Celebrity, but the best for us was the practically smoke free environment. Now that is a deal breaker, so goodbye Princess, at least until they forbid smoking in cabins and balconies.

Laundry is one of my things on vacation - I always choose hotels with self-service laundry and am mildly obsessed with having my clothes clean at all times.

..but if the Equinox doesn't have a laundromat, then it doesn't and all the bleating in the world isn't going to change that.

I plan to wash my own underwear if necessary ( but its really no hardship to pack 10 - 14 days worth) , send other things to be laundered even if it is a nuisance and costs a bit extra and basically just bring as much as I can.

When we booked our air tickets - we specifically made sure we had organised airlines with generous baggage allowances or we have paid extra for an extra bag.

So I guess I'm mildly irritated but with a bit of planning - should be OK.

You're barking up the wrong board. Most of the people on this board don't care how much anything costs. They are the type of people who will bring as much luggage as they want, and don't care if the airlines charge for it. $20 to have a bag of laundry done is no problem for people who have more money than...:D

There are plenty of great things about Celebrity, but self-serve laundry isn't one of them.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

NOPE....more than happy to stuff that Celebrity provided bag full of as much stuff as I can get in it and send it to them to clean. I want NOTHING to do with laundry when I am on vacation....

Sorry but I don't share your pain at all!!!

Newbie question - is laundry priced by the bag or by the piece? Thanks.

You're barking up the wrong board. Most of the people on this board don't care how much anything costs. They are the type of people who will bring as much luggage as they want, and don't care if the airlines charge for it. $20 to have a bag of laundry done is no problem for people who have more money than...:D

There are plenty of great things about Celebrity, but self-serve laundry isn't one of them.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

WOW.....that is kind of harsh:eek::confused: don't care how much anything

costs?? I totally disagree with that statement....WOW WOW.....

The cost of the cabin is a MAJOR factor in my sailing budget.

But no, sending out laundry is not. So to say most people don't

care about how much anything costs?

I enjoy many of your postings but in this case, I think you

are totally wrong:eek:

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Wow, your antagonistic, anti-Celebrity bias is really showing today, isn't it. It's a shame that you have developed this unfounded prejudice against those that sail Celebrity and post so helpfully to this board.

Sorry NO WAY I am doing laundry on a cruise!! Fill a bag and send it out. My guess is any one doing the laundry will not be fixated with anyones underware!! You really don't want to be in a crowded room on a cruise doing laundry. I'm glad Celebrity and RC don't have laundry.:D:D

Archived