Quick help/advice for Galveston

DTC

Thinking of going on the Triumph in May. We are looking for something inexpensive. Are there any hotels that will pick up from Hobby Airport and take you back to their hotel and then on to cruise port in the morning??

I'm trying to decide between the Triumph and the Paradise and having sailed many times out of Tampa, we are just way more familiar with FL.

I'd love to go out of TX so if anyone can offer me some advice I'd welcome it!!!

Thanks everyone!!

Tami

If you want to stay near the Hobby Airport, you can do that and then take the shuttle to grab the Carnival Transfer Shuttle from there. As for any hotels that will take you to the port, not that I know of and I doubt there are since the Hobby Airport is still about 40-45 minutes from the port.

Another option, which I would do, is get a hotel in Galveston. You can take SuperShuttle or another service to the hotel. A lot of the hotels in Galveston will take you to the cruise terminal for free. Galveston has more things to do than around Hobby Airport and is a nicer place to stay. Usually around $60 R/T PP with a limo/shuttle service from Hobby to Galveston.

Edited by BrotherCraig

Galveston is a really fun place to stay, just know that you will pay more to stay there. We ended up with reservations at a Bed & Breakfast, for $165 per night. That was one of the least expensive places available.

• 2 weeks later...