NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Question, we just upgraded to a penthouse, located in the front on the Jade sailing January. Can anyone tell me what it's like in the front? This is our first time booking a room in the front. I'm hoping it won't be too windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ship - Sky

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 0001

Stateroom Category – Balcony BX

Starboard or Port Side - Port (Forward)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

There were intermittent loud thumping noises during the afternoons and evenings, presumably from the Fitness Center directly above on Deck 11. It bothered my wife more than it bothered me. However there was no noise during the night (or early morning) that affected our sleep.

Conversations and music from the adjoining cabins could be heard occasionally, but it was pretty typical of any cabin.

When out on the balcony, anything from the adjoining balconies could be heard.

On the night of the White Hot Party at Poolside on Deck 11, the low bass beat of the music could be heard inside the cabin.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal.

Was wind a problem? - No.

Any other comments? -

Balcony door was a bit difficult to open, probably due mostly to the cabin pressurized conditions.

I found the bathroom to be quite small, especially the shower stall was uncomfortable where you don't even have room to bend down. The bathroom design of the Gem is much better and has more adequate space.

Took me a few minutes to figure out how to open the safe. I was looking for the instructions to be somewhere on the safe itself, only to find out a few minutes later that the instructions were found on the door of the storage cabinet that enclosed the safe.

As with most (if not all) cabins, there was only one electrical outlet (on the desk). Good that I had brought my power strip with multiple outlets, which is now one of my standard packing items for cruises..

Edited by RoobyDoo

Ship - Gem

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8024

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard (Forward)

Quiet Stateroom? – Very quiet. I had thought there would be more noise during evening performances in the Stardust Theater below, but it was not bad at all.

Balcony View - No obstructions.

Was wind a problem? -No.

Any other comments? - Great stateroom. No specific problems. I really like the Gem's bathroom layout: the 3 compartments for shower, sink, and toilet. The Gem shower size is luxurious compared to that of the Sky!

Ship- Breakaway

Deck- 9

Cabin-9806

Category-Mid-ship balcony mini suite

Starboard side

Quiet, although above a music venue

Non-connecting

Normal balcony

Unobstructed views: watched Dolphins

Wind was only a problem during a storm.

I would book this cabin again.

Ship -Getaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14246

Stateroom Category – BX

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – it was very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – love the view, small balcony and could not see the fireworks show like we were told because of an overhang.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ship - Sky

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8201

Stateroom Category – SB (Owners Suite)

Starboard or Port Side – N/A – only view is forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quite

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? – Yes, but we did not use that feature

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.) – Amazing views 180 degrees. Sunset and sunrise are the best. It can be a bit awkward when pulling in to dock and other ships are backed in you end up being the spotlight and tend to be waved to from the other ships guests.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Oversized as it had a private hot tub, held two loungers and a small coffee table. We ended up taking one of the high chairs from the bar out to the balcony so that we could sit and see above the rail. (Solid steel bottom with a wood handrail due to being on the front of the ship).

Was wind a problem? – At times but it seemed to depend on which direction we were going. Not as much of an issue as we pretty much stayed on the balcony the whole trip.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? – Sliding door was very heavy, carpet was worn in a few spots, hot tub was a big let down as the faucet was the size of a standard kitchens and took forever to fill. The heating element must not of been working while we were there as it didn’t stay hot.

Any other comments? - You can look up to the bridge from the balcony. When sailing at night you are required to keep the blinds shut (or white lights off) while using the balcony so you don’t hinder the view of the bridge. Our neighbors were reminded of that on the second night. Stateroom comes with your choice of 3 liquors. (We are not big drinkers so they became gifts to those that attended the meet and greet.) Side partitions extend enough so that if you were standing at the rail or leaning slightly over your neighbors to your sides would not see you.

IMG_2724.jpg.ab4e3060d1418b5229d4de179516613a.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg.3595b7d58d2809f2abff5ef62d058b6b.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg.f3644170ee12f43258c85642e11c5fd0.jpg

Edited by krolyat
Adding Pictures!!!

Ship - Epic

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12312

Stateroom Category – B1 (Aft Balcony)

Starboard or Port Side – N/A – only view is aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Somewhat but it was due to our neighbors so that can vary.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? – No

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.) – Amazing views 180 degrees. Sunset and sunrise are the best and listing to the water turning while underway.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Normal for an NCL aft balcony. We had the chairs replaced with loungers so we could really enjoy the views and sounds

Was wind a problem? – Not on our balcony but you do feel the wind gusts effecting the Epic due to its height and sometimes we felt like the boat was "shuddering".

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – Not that we noticed

Any specific problems with this cabin? – I believe it’s a common Epic problem that occurs when you turn the faucet on. If you turn it all the way on it will hit the bowl at just the right angle so that it skips out of the sink. We just kept a towel on the side for when we forgot.

Any other comments? - The swaying of the boat does not match the direction of the bed. Not a problem for us but I have a friend who likes sides because the bed faces fwd/aft and when the bigger boats sway in in the wind it somewhat rocks you to sleep.

Ship - NCL Dawn

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8020

Stateroom Category – BD

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Mostly. Due to its proximity to Stardust, you could hear the music, but there was not usually anything going on in the Stardust when we were trying to sleep, so not usually an issue. Some noise when getting to some ports.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. However, this is a hull balcony, and I will try to add a picture to show. This room is just about on top of the W of Norwegian. To get the best view, you had to be standing, but you can see while sitting.IMG_0207.JPG

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, I guess, this was my first time in a balcony room, so I was excited by it no matter what!

Was wind a problem? - Never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not aft.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None, whatsoever.

Any other comments? - There was some rust on the balcony, but nothing that detracted from how wonderful it was!

• Thanks 1

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14196

Stateroom Category – MA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Paper thin walls, we were next to a connecting Family Cabin and it appeared the parents slept in one cabin

and their children in the one next to ours, very noisy kids. Also below the Garden Cafe/Outside Pool Deck, would occasionally here running and chairs being

moved around at 6:30 AM each morning

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Under the superstructure of Deck 15 Garden/Cafe and Outside

Pool Deck/eating areas. Still got plenty of sun, couldn't see the fireworks from our balcony due to the overhang. Only smelt cigarette smoke a few times from

those smoking outside on the balconies

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Tiny for a Mini-Suite!

Was wind a problem? - Yes, first and last days at sea but that was due to the weather, otherwise ok

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Sub-standard A/C, even with our Cabin Steward and Maintenance checking it out. Carpet stained, vanity scratched up,

stains in the bathroom sink, very slow Interactive TV and TV remote hardly working unless you sat right in front of the TV. Only heard sporadic ship announcemts

in the cabin, however that was probably good not hearing about bingo, art shows, gold by the inch sale, etc announcements

Any other comments? -Good location, not too far a walk to the aft elevators and up one flight of stairs to deck 15 and the Garden Cafe and pools

(note comment about noise from the Garden Cafe and pools). We had the best Cabin Steward ever of our 20+ cruises: Renson! Nominated him to the

Hotel Director as the "HERO" of our cruise. The next morning the Hotel Director sent us a plate of decadent chocolate and a signed Thank You note

Edited by MACE

Ship - Gem

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8530

Stateroom Category – BD

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet, no noise issues

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Hull balcony, limited views when seated.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - The hull enclosure cut down on wind

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? - It's a toss up but we prefer regular balconies just a little more than the hull balcony.

Ship - Gem

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8024

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard (Forward)

Quiet Stateroom? – Very quiet. I had thought there would be more noise during evening performances in the Stardust Theater below, but it was not bad at all.

Balcony View - "Hull balcony" type, but no obstructions.

Was wind a problem? -No.

Any other comments? - Great stateroom. No specific problems. I really like the Gem's bathroom layout: the 3 compartments for shower, sink, and toilet. The Gem shower size is luxurious compared to that of the Sky!

Having just read a couple of threads related to staterooms with a "hull balcony", I should qualify that Gem 8024 has a hull balcony, as do all the Deck 8 cabins. Obviously the full-view balconies are nicer, but nevertheless the hull balcony view is still very nice (and has no real obstructions) and I enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9600

Stateroom Category – BA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No real noise problems.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Standard balcony, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I guess it's normal for NCL, but it seemed tiny to me.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Our toilet wouldn't flush for much of the cruise. We were led to believe that this cabin frequently has this problem because of where it's located in the plumbing design. I would never get this cabin again.

Any other comments? -

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10500

Stateroom Category – SE Penthouse

Starboard or Port Side - Front of Ship

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Large balcony that overlooked the staff swimming pool below

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Extremely large

Was wind a problem? - Could be when moving, we did not have any issues.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Door to balcony is large and heavy, took a while to figure out how it works. Need to watch lights at night (keep curtains closed if on) due to bridge being above. We never had any issues with this!

Ship - EPIC (NCL)

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8095

Stateroom Category – Mid-ship Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Wonderful view - when you looked down you saw the water (not lifeboats)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal size

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no, it was a nice size, roomsteward was great

Any other comments? - this was our first cruise and it was absolutely fabulous - can't wait to go again

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14858

Stateroom Category – BX (Regular Balcony)

Starboard or Port Side – starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Yes. We very rarely heard any noise from the Garden Cafe above or from Spice H2O. Slight "noise" on the balcony with an evening party at Spice H2O.

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.) – No obstructions, although the lifeboats do stick out a little for the straight down view. We did have a generous overhang (above) which was wonderful for keeping out the rain and sun. Sun worshippers may object to the overhang, but we loved it.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Normal for the Breakaway. Two chairs and a very small table. Perfectly adequate for two people.

Was wind a problem? – Not normally.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? – Only with the closet. About half of the hangers didn't work (the top of the hanger slipped all the way through the opening on the part attached to the closet rod). Bring your own hangers.

Any other comments? - The bed is by the balcony. If the bed had been by the closet, it would have been quite difficult to access the closet. For storage, don't overlook the two drawers under the sofa and the inside of the hassock (ottoman). Plus lots of storage in the bathroom. Cabin is conveniently located not too far from the aft stairwell.

Ship - Gem

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8032

Stateroom Category – B2

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes for the most part occasionally slight whistle noise from balcony door wind.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – hull balcony but no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal (I suppose, nothing to compare it to)

Was wind a problem? - only on very windy days where wind was a problem everywhere

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -the hull balcony protected us from rain/sleet, it also allowed for privacy because no one can see down or next to you. I loved the cabin and balcony however I did not like being fwd because I was slightly seasick on days where our ship swayed a lot.

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9500

Stateroom Category – SE (Forward Penthouse Suite)

Starboard or Port Side – N/A – Center looking forward

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Pretty quiet, heard a little music during shows but we enjoyed it. It didn't prevent us from sleeping.

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.) – Amazing views 180 degrees. Balcony under bridge, so when standing at the rail you could see all around.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – HUGE! Absolutely huge. You could put about 35 people on it. We found that we spent more time on the balcony that by the pools.

Was wind a problem? – I had no problem with the wind. It was pleasant. The only time we had a lot of wind was during a storm.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? – None, it was perfect.

Any other comments? - We had an amazing time. Between the butler and concierge, we were treated like royalty, loved every minute of this cruise!!

1910045_1092171861456_619_n.jpg?oh=236ef73067fa459918000846982d41d4&oe=554AC25B&__gda__=1435102770_f1ed4ef5cdb540bcd000525e89a59a1d

1910045_1092171901457_871_n.jpg?oh=f75e06f2b387484928929b358748a198&oe=5590AF8A

1910045_1092172021460_1607_n.jpg?oh=a34b7a89f5e134062de3bc2f11fa5112&oe=5559B538

1910045_1092172061461_1841_n.jpg?oh=ed5d8efa72c1bc5eff0ad4d962e29087&oe=554ED982

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14014

Stateroom Category – H5 Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Because it's at the end of the hall and around a corner, there was no foot traffic and felt even more private.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Only has one balcony/suite next door (left side).

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for NCL. Even though we are used to larger, there was more than enough room for the two of us. If we were on a Caribbean cruise, it would have been nice to have a lounger as opposed to two chairs, though the table worked for propping up our feet.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any other comments? - We would definitely book this great cabin again.

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11288

Stateroom Category – BC, Handicap Accessible Balcony

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Great port-side view, very quiet and relaxing.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Double length but narrow.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any other comments? Because it is an accessible cabin, the door is automated, and the floor slopes upward to the balcony. VERY limited counter space, and only three 110 outlets - two by the vanity and one on the wall by the door for wheelchair recharging. If you do not have a wheelchair, bring in one of the tables from the balcony and position it under the outlet for charging.

ImageUploadedByForums1424282494.195714.jpg.530d71200963dcae5b20955d8f639872.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1424282434.816640.jpg.8a44efd3044cdb2ae44876e0e6b5ecc9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1424282446.676453.jpg.33643ee7b1070bd70803d285c486e35a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1424282458.476716.jpg.f17c66656d2ce374d4f85e6a926e936a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1424282469.643810.jpg.eaaf64e449cbf6434f4b523e1f4eb238.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1424282481.736367.jpg.723c1df8d6852161feec65fb7e9fcc87.jpg

Edited by Dallas_Doggie_Mom

Sorry if I break the format requested but I wanted to post the cabin numbers of the obstructed oceanview cabins on the Jewel in which the windows have been opaqued for some reason. You will have filtered natural light but NO VIEW whatsoever! It makes these cabins much less desirable IMO.

This information comes directly from the Jewel's hotel director.

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9672

Stateroom Category – SF, Handicap Accessible Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Great aft view, very quiet and relaxing.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Double length but narrow. Same stateroom on Deck 10 had a balcony twice as large.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any other comments? Loved it but will go for Penthouse forward next time for bigger balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8172

Stateroom Category – SF Aft facing penthouse

Starboard or Port Side – AFT

Quiet Stateroom? – NO, right above the Spinnaker nightclub. The music roared till 3am every night. We felt our bed shaking along with hearing every word to every song and every beat of the drums.

Balcony View. Awesome being at the back of the ship.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? – No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – No, you could smell the bakery though!

Any specific problems with this cabin? –Was disappointed in the size of the "penthouse" suite. It was really tight with 3 people.

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Epic

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8214

Stateroom Category – B1

Starboard or Port Side – aft

Quiet Stateroom? – very quiet with regard to the interior sounds, it's above Cagneys no issues at all. If you open the door you hear the wake noise but we loved it

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Starboard or Port Side – AFT

Balcony View. Awesome!

Balcony Size? Deep enough for loungers

Was wind a problem? – No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – It was aft, no problems with soot

Any specific problems with this cabin? –

• 2 weeks later...

Ship -Getaway

Deck -11

Stateroom # -11310

Stateroom Category –aft

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – during the day great. At night you could hear the parties from Spice H20. Not great if you want to sleep before 2am

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft balcony. Great views as usual. Big enough for 2 loungers and2 chairs and a table

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal for aft

Was wind a problem? -no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -no

Any specific problems with this cabin? -just the spice H20 noise. You could hear it with the door shut

Any other comments?

• Thanks 1