For those taking a MX Riviera Cruise from San Diego CA

Cruise2End

Just thought this would be a good place - since I never consider the embarkation or disembarkation points as ports when I'm researching.

For those of you leaving San Diego and who plan to spend a day or two there, you can purchase an all-day tripper for only $5 each that will allow you to take any of the trolleys (trains) or buses in SD. Between the two, you can visit anywhere - Old Town, Seaport Village, Balboa Park, or you can even take a train to Tijuana, Mexico.

Although our luggage mass didn't allow us to use it to go to or from the airport, it's a great way to see the city while you're there.

Many have given good reports on

Holiday Inn On the Bay

1355N Harbor Dr

San Diego CA

92101-3321

619-232-3861

It is right across the street from the dock - you can watch the ship come in if your room is in the right spot probably. It's also pretty close to the Santa Fe depot where there's a trolley (train) stop. I would probably stay there for convenience if I were returning.

Kathlyn: It appeared that a good many cruises stay at the Holiday Inn on the Bay. It is right accross the street from the Cruise Ship Terminal. In fact that is where I will be staying when we do the Mexican Riviera aboard the Mercury in April. Good Luck.

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Bay. It is indeed RIGHT across the street from the pier. We had a room on the 4th floor facing ther pier & what a sight to behold watching the Mercury come in! Their shuttle took us directly into the terminal & we were on board in less than 10 minutes from leaving the hotel!

Got the room for just around $75 on Priceline!

Just thought this would be a good place - since I never consider the embarkation or disembarkation points as ports when I'm researching.

For those of you leaving San Diego and who plan to spend a day or two there, you can purchase an all-day tripper for only $5 each that will allow you to take any of the trolleys (trains) or buses in SD. Between the two, you can visit anywhere - Old Town, Seaport Village, Balboa Park, or you can even take a train to Tijuana, Mexico.

Although our luggage mass didn't allow us to use it to go to or from the airport, it's a great way to see the city while you're there.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. WE ARE STAYING AT THE HOLIDAY INN. WHERE DO YOU PURCHASE THE TRIPPER?

COUNTDOWN TO JANUARY 13TH MERCURY

We stayed on Coronado Island. There are several cheap water taxis/ferries that go from the island to San Diego and it was so nice to be just that little bit 'out of the way' (in a good way). There are some very good restaurants on Coronado or it's just a quick hop across the water to SD itself. Departure day we took the ferry from the island and it docked right next to the cruise ships. We walked maybe 1/2 a block, no traffic hastles! I'd highly recommend staying on Coronado.

Where do you purchase this?

Archived