Sanctuary Beach Bungalow -- adults only -- Princess Cays

A&L_Ont

Saw this listed on the shore excursions page for Princess Cays for our cruise in October. It has no info listed under it. The regular bunalows are listed there, but this is a separate one. It costs $249. . . anyone know what it is??? I don't think it is for the Sanctuary on the ship, but maybe it is.

Thanks

I would call Princess and ask. The only thing I can think of is that add on picnic lunch which I think is about $50.

Please let us know what you find out.

I saw the same and posted on the main Princess board about it. Both listings say that the gourmet picnic lunch is available as an option. Could it be that certain bungalows are now roped off as "adults only?" None are any farther or closer to the water than the others. They all seem to be the same size and have the same amenities. I will definitely be calling Princess on this, but I'll bet the reps have no clue either.:rolleyes:

Here are the blurbs of each from the personalizer:

Beach Bungalow (Up To 6 People)

Enjoy your own private beach bungalow while at Princess Cays. The colorful beachfront bungalows are perfect for families or for those who want to make the most of their visit to Princess Cays. Located in the picturesque palm grove just behind the beach, each bungalow features air-conditioning and ceiling fan, a table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside on the deck, and a private shower. Additional amenties may be included for a supplemental charge such as a gourmet picnic. Ask for details at the Shore Excursion Desk onboard.

Sanctuary Beach Bungalow (Up To Six People) -- New!

Finally, a private island experience which is truly private. Enjoy your own beach bungalow situated in the new adults-only area--The Sanctuary at Princess Cays, an extension of the onboard experience. The colorful beachfront bungalows are perfect for those who seek privacy and seclusion. Each bungalow features air-conditioning and ceiling fan, a table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside, and a private shower. Additional amenties may be included for a supplemental charge such as a gourmet picnic. Ask for details at the Shore Excursion Desk onboard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any feed back from someone who has stayed in one of these bungalows would be very much appreicated.

Yes, I'd also love to hear feedback from any recent cruisers who did the adult only bungalows... The pics I've seen really show the bungalows very close to each other. When we did the HAL bungalows there was quite a distance between each bungalow. Also, do you know if there is food service(ie the bbque) or do you have to go to the lunch area for your food?

Thanks for any feedback!

We had a bungalow for the 7 of us (u are only supposed to have 6) nobody said anything. We did the $199.00, for the the group to split it was well worth it. We had plently of drinks, and tipped the waiter to bring us food as well. Snorkeling out in front of the Bungalow area is great there are less people on that end of the beach because of the bungalows. An adult only area seems rediculous why pay extra for that. It was nice too cool off with the airconditioning and the shower. Also a big plus for us was a safe place to set all of our stuff. I will get a bungalow every time.

Chris

They did not have the adults only bungalow when I rented a bungalow so I do not know anyhting about them. I do need to let you know one important thing. Make sure to take BUG SPRAY!! Put this on immediately without hesitation. My friend had over 100 bites and it ruined the rest of her vacation. I have never seen anything like it before. I put the spray on immediately when we arrived at the bungalow so I had no bites. She waited about 10 minutes and it was too late.

They did not have the adults only bungalow when I rented a bungalow so I do not know anyhting about them. I do need to let you know one important thing. Make sure to take BUG SPRAY!! Put this on immediately without hesitation. My friend had over 100 bites and it ruined the rest of her vacation. I have never seen anything like it before. I put the spray on immediately when we arrived at the bungalow so I had no bites. She waited about 10 minutes and it was too late.

Great advice! What time of year were you on the island? Does that matter or do those nasty mosquitoes come year round?

• 1 month later...

As of 10/19/09 the Adult Sanctuary Bungalows have not been built. This is a fact. You can book them online as I did. Once on the ship you will get a notice of cancellation to your excusion. There will be no explanation. We were in a PS suite and after not excepting the no explanation letter our personal excursion manager told us the truth. The adult area has not been built.

Seems it would be really simple for Princess to stop booking excursions to places that do not exist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

what kind is best for sand fleas;)

• 1 year later...

we had one and thought it was very relaxing - Dave likes to rest and doesn't get into the water, so it was perfect for us. The waiters were only too glad to get our food and drinks for us. Very lazy day and loved it.

Bungalows on Princess Cays is a must have! It was one of the greatest purchases. The bungalow keeps you away from the crowds and crowds of people. You have a safe place to keep your things. You have the option of sitting in the cooler bungalow or outside in the hot sun. It is the perfect addition to any vacation. Highly recommend it!

Edited by Hannah0707