cruising out of Sydney

seaandsea

We are cruising out of Sydney and wondering if there is a place close by to purchase water and pepsi. We just cruised out of San Juan and there was a little store right there in the cruise terminal. That was very convenient. Anyone know if there is anything like this at the Sydney terminal? Or maybe a store within walking distance?

Thanks,

We are cruising out of Sydney and wondering if there is a place close by to purchase water and pepsi. We just cruised out of San Juan and there was a little store right there in the cruise terminal. That was very convenient. Anyone know if there is anything like this at the Sydney terminal? Or maybe a store within walking distance?

Thanks,

The attached pic shows Circular Quay, Sydney, from Google Earth.

I have added captions to indicate the OPT (where cruise ships usually depart from), the Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and the Railway Station.

You will find a convenience store at the Railway station - a very short walk from the OPT

I am of course presuming you will be departing from the OPT... and not the new facility at White Bay (called the White Elephant Bay):eek: I have not been there, but I understand that there are very few facilities there.

ry%3D400

Cheers

There was, last time I was there, a 7-11 [i think but anyway that sort of place] in the Rocks about 100 yards from OPT. But a bit pricey, there's a woolworths in George Street about 1.5 miles from OPT.

Edited by GUT2407

Just in case you are cruising out of White Bay:

The nearest supermarket is Woolworths Balmain. You would probably have to get a taxi there, it's about 2km walking (but longer by car due to the convoluted access to the cruise terminal) and it's quite a steep walk to the supermarket.

If you are staying in Sydney the night before embarkation I'd suggest doing your shopping before leaving for the cruise terminal.

If it's Circular Quay there are actually a couple I forgot about that are closer

World Square Shopping Centre, 650 George St Sydney, NSW, 2000 has at least a Coles Supermarket which is a lot closer than the Woolworths

The one I thought was a 7-11 is now City Convenience Store 109 Harrington St The Rocks, NSW, 2000

Thank you.

If RCL did not go crazy with their bottled water price I would just order the package, but they are ridiculous. I do drink ships water, but like to have bottled water getting off at ports. It is just more convenient to have a case in my room.

Thank you.

If RCL did not go crazy with their bottled water price I would just order the package, but they are ridiculous. I do drink ships water, but like to have bottled water getting off at ports. It is just more convenient to have a case in my room.

Last year, on a Celebrity cruise to the great barrier reef, even sealed, bottled water was seized before boarding tenders ashore. This was not seized by celebrity safe, but AU government staff.

Just a heads-up.