Luggage

Ladyaruba

Seeing as how we will be doing a land trip before our cruise, I would assume we can rearrange our checked and carryon luggage the night before we board the ship. Some things we need for the land portion will not be needed when we first get on the ship.

Whenever we travel, I bring all paperwork, medications, electronics, some toiletries and a change of clothes for both of us in a carryon. I think I should add dinner attire for the first night also.

Does this sound about right?

Also what exactly happens when you get to the ship for checking in? How do you know when you room is available?

Thanks so much!

Seeing as how we will be doing a land trip before our cruise, I would assume we can rearrange our checked and carryon luggage the night before we board the ship. Some things we need for the land portion will not be needed when we first get on the ship.

Whenever we travel, I bring all paperwork, medications, electronics, some toiletries and a change of clothes for both of us in a carryon. I think I should add dinner attire for the first night also.

Does this sound about right?

Also what exactly happens when you get to the ship for checking in? How do you know when you room is available?

Thanks so much!

They generally announce when rooms are ready. Usually sometime 13.30 (unless in a suite, which could be earlier)

In your carry-on you should have all your valuables, travel documents, medicine, swimming suit and change of clothes for dinner. Luggage can be delivered at anytime after you board and might not be at your cabin until after dinner.

You don't have to sit in your cabin waiting for your luggage. Also there will usually be a sit down restaurant open for lunch, nearly all crew will try and force you to go to the buffet. You need to post on your cruise line boards asking what venues are open for lunch. Have fun 😊

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They generally announce when rooms are ready. Usually sometime 13.30 (unless in a suite, which could be earlier)

In your carry-on you should have all your valuables, travel documents, medicine, swimming suit and change of clothes for dinner. Luggage can be delivered at anytime after you board and might not be at your cabin until after dinner.

You don't have to sit in your cabin waiting for your luggage. Also there will usually be a sit down restaurant open for lunch, nearly all crew will try and force you to go to the buffet. You need to post on your cruise line boards asking what venues are open for lunch. Have fun 😊

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks! Will drop off carryon but not wait for luggage!

No need to worry about dinner attire on the first night as standards are relaxed due to the fact that luggage might not have arrived. So don't bother to pack that in your carry on bags. You don't want to have to carry around more than you can manage, its hard to go to lunch with a bunch of luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the line you are cruising...Princess cabins are usually open when you board..you can at least drop off carry ons. Royal Caribbean don't usually open cabins to passengers until 13.00-13.00

I would pack a swimsuit and sunblock in my carry on as well as a change of clothes for dinner...First night is Casual/ smart casual as not all passengers will have received their luggage and/ or unpacked by dinner time (especially early seating)