Check in time 9:30-10am

jkneern

Just completed my check-in and my docs say check in 9:30-10a?? We don't sail until 4p and have never embarked a ship before 11:30-noon? Is this something new in NYC? Have sailed several times from there and last time they weren't even allowing anyone in the terminal until well after 10a and we waited outside in the snow...long lines and froze. Just wondering?

When I checked in on-line for our Gem cruise there was a drop-down to select your check-in time. Perhaps it defaults to 9:30-10 if you don't make a selection?

ETA: I just logged into my check-in. Selection 4 of 5 is your arrival time, if you click on it you can edit it.

Edited by karen_cpa

Just completed my check-in and my docs say check in 9:30-10a?? We don't sail until 4p and have never embarked a ship before 11:30-noon? Is this something new in NYC? Have sailed several times from there and last time they weren't even allowing anyone in the terminal until well after 10a and we waited outside in the snow...long lines and froze. Just wondering?

Just show up at 10:30 or whenever you want. Sheesh! Are they going to deny you boarding because you did not arrive between 9:30 and 10:00? Due to flight schedules, hotel check outs, personal preferences, etc. etc. lots of people are going to show up early or late for the time assigned or chosen.