It's a "Suite" Life ! ! !

ger_77

I honestly didn't think lightning could strike twice, but it seems to have at our house. A couple of weeks ago we were visited by the "Upsell Fairy" who - for a very reasonable sum - offered us an upgrade from our beloved inside cabin on the Main Deck to a V on Deck 5. We decided to go for it, as it is a special cruise for us, why not, right?

Last week we received another offer from the same Fairy - this time to move from our V to an SZ. We looked at it and decided the cost wasn't worth it, just for a little extra balcony and a slightly larger cabin.

Today said Fairy arrived again, this time with an offer to change from our V to an SA on the Rotterdam Deck. All I had to hear was the price - and oh my word, it was in my budget, so we jumped at it. We now are Suite Folk - although it appears DH will have to take back the porta-bbq and fishing equipment because according to "Jay" at HAL, we aren't supposed to do that from our verandah. I guess we'll adapt. :D

Couldn't be happier, now how do I clean up all this fairy dust? ! ! ! ! !

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

ger_77, wow is all I can say. Glad to hear that the fairy came for one more visit. Goes without saying that you will enjoy your cruise!

Now if she's anything like Santa, she should be able to cover all of us with some of that fairy dust. Hope she comes our way too.

ger77, do you deal directly with HAL? The upgrade fairy seems to get her orders from them.

We always use a PCC - the offers have come in our email and I called the 888 number directly. I didn't need to go through our PCC at all. Actually, I was so excited, I never thought about it!

Gerry

We always use a PCC - the offers have come in our email and I called the 888 number directly. I didn't need to go through our PCC at all. Actually, I was so excited, I never thought about it!

Gerry

No, that's what you need to do is to call the 1888 number. Time is of the essense especially if it's good. No reason to call the PCC.

I know others will say it's not true but I believe using a hal PCC or booking directly with hal greatly improves the chances of seeing an upsell. That said, if you are in an sa to begin with there is not much room for an upsell.

ger77, do you deal directly with HAL? The upgrade fairy seems to get her orders from them.

Just a FYI - we've gotten two very reasonable upsells to SA's through our TA. I always ask her about 2 weeks ahead to contact HAL and see what are the chances. Sometimes we've turned it down - too much moolah - but twice it's been very doable.

Good Job! The only thing we have found wrong about the Suite Life is that it makes it darn near impossible to think of staying anywhere else.:eek: It can be an addiction.:D

Very true. I'd love to stay in a SA every cruise, but DH thinks otherwise.

Congratulations!

We always find pre-cruise planning includes how much we would pay for upsell offers. When we receive an offer from PCC we have both decided on how much we are willing to pay for moving on up.

Those offers need quick decisions as they go quickly.

Enjoy!

Those offers need quick decisions as they go quickly.

Enjoy!

They certainly do go quickly; when I first spoke with the agent, there were 2 cabins to choose from; by the time I made my decision (as I said, it only took a nano-second!), it was gone, so I went with the second one. I was very glad I decided to check my email when I did!

Gerry

Concerning upsells and booking straight with HAL or using a TA: with HAL bookings the offers come directly to you by email; with a TA it is a matter of if and how fast the TA or his/her office passes on the offers to you.

If you are really interested in an upsell, you will be emailed the upsell offers, with no intermediary if you book with HAL directly. May be the best way to go.

Concerning upsells and booking straight with HAL or using a TA: with HAL bookings the offers come directly to you by email; with a TA it is a matter of if and how fast the TA or his/her office passes on the offers to you.

If you are really interested in an upsell, you will be emailed the upsell offers, with no intermediary if you book with HAL directly. May be the best way to go.

I think that is the way we will go in the future!:)