Island Specific alcohol

hrmkr

We are cruising on the Fascination this Sunday.

I was hoping people can tell me some not so ordinary alcohols to look for in St. Lucia. I am trying to find stuff that we cannot purchase in the US and can only be found on the particular island.

Thanks,

Howard

I was hoping people can tell me some not so ordinary alcohols to look for in St. Lucia. I am trying to find stuff that we cannot purchase in the US and can only be found on the particular island.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi

Have heard of moonshine in SL but never discovered.

Best of the Island IMHO

Admiral Rodney

1931 Range

Elements 8

SL rums are very pure, as they do not receive heavy doses of colour and sugar. Ones for the conosigurs.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Admiral Rodney(12 year old blended rum), Chairman's reserve 4 year old age rum(available as spiced rum), Nutz and Rum(taste like a snicker bar in a bottle), TOZ Rum, 1938 and 1938. The rum distillery offers a tasting i think $4.00 per person or tour of most the rum the produced. it's also cheaper to get it there. The strongest is the denross strong 80% volume, 160 proof.

Howard

Admiral Rodney(12 year old blended rum), Chairman's reserve 4 year old age rum(available as spiced rum), Nutz and Rum(taste like a snicker bar in a bottle), TOZ Rum, 1938 and 1938. The rum distillery offers a tasting i think $4.00 per person or tour of most the rum the produced. it's also cheaper to get it there. The strongest is the denross strong 80% volume, 160 proof.

We love spiced rum. Can you purchase the Chairman's reserve (spiced) and Nutz and Rum in a liquor store? What is the name of the distillery? We are already touring Bacardi. How expensive are these rums?

We love spiced rum. Can you purchase the Chairman's reserve (spiced) and Nutz and Rum in a liquor store? What is the name of the distillery? We are already touring Bacardi. How expensive are these rums?

Freely available in duty free. Usual price is about $10.00 for Chaurmans.

You can purchased, at the duty free liquor store at cruise port or the St. Lucia Distillers(Barbay Limited). Taxi ride should be about $40.00 each way. Bottles range from $10-$13. There are some bottles such as the Admiral Rodney, Toz which is not on the buffet but can be sampled if asked.

If by chance you are doing an island tour, some of the local vendors that are set up at some of the popular attractions have some really good spiced rum. This came highly recommended by friends and it is VERY good. I got the 16 oz. bottle for $10.00. I forget what size the larger bottles are. I would have gotten the larger bottle, but we didn't take too much extra $$$ and we also wanted some of the banana ketchup (same vendor setup). I know, for a fact, there are vendors set up at the parking lot of Toraille Waterfall. This is where we purchased ours. Toraille Waterfall is one of the regular stops on most of the island tours.

Attaching pictures so you can see what the bottles look like:

20151027_161531.jpg

I tried getting a picture of the side of the bottle where you can actually see the spices in it.

20151027_161557.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan
Forgot some information, just adding

Spices?

In Dominica, they have bottles of local rum fused with stems and leaves of a certain herb.

:eek:

Our friends who recommended it referred to it as "spiced" rum & the bottle we have...well had, also had stems and leaves of herbs, but "Spiced Rum" was right on the label, along with the nickname, "Island V*****". ;)

• 3 weeks later...
And? :D

And....this was in Dominica. It was some strong tasting stuff. They put a gallon of water on the counter with our shots. When I asked why, she said we were going to need it. We didn't. It was no worse than shooting tequila.

During our hunt we found a little store that had a barrel of overproof rum. They filtered it and sealed it in a 1 liter bottle for us to take home. $7. Haven't opened it yet.:D