QM2 fitness center opening time?

abefroman329

One part of cunard.com says 8 am, another says 6 am. Any ideas on the correct time? I'm really hoping for 6 since 8 is a little late for me.

Also, if I'm being super-ambitious, is the fitness center open on embarkation day?

Thanks!

8am to 8pm last time we were aboard the QM2 and not usually open until the afternoon on embarkation days, sorry.

8am to 8pm last time we were aboard the QM2 and not usually open until the afternoon on embarkation days, sorry.

Thanks, although I'm not sure what to make of this statement, "Our Fitness Centre has views out forward to the covered promenade deck. Open from 6am, feel free to run the treadmill, take to the bikes or try the step machines all before a hearty and well earned breakfast," available at http://www.cunard.com/cruise-ships/queen-mary-2/activities-entertainment/spa-and-fitness/

I would hope 8am would not like to be in a stateroom under the gym if it opens at 6am have a thought for those that might be still asleep.

If the deck plan is to be believed, there are no staterooms under the fitness center, and it's a slippery slope down to finding a time when it can be open when no one underneath will be asleep.

Thanks, although I'm not sure what to make of this statement, "Our Fitness Centre has views out forward to the covered promenade deck. Open from 6am, feel free to run the treadmill, take to the bikes or try the step machines all before a hearty and well earned breakfast," available at http://www.cunard.com/cruise-ships/queen-mary-2/activities-entertainment/spa-and-fitness/

It's entirely possible that it's changed as it's about 10 months since we were last aboard. If I look on the Cunard website it says

Opening Times:

The gym is typically open from 8am - 8pm every day.

Perhaps it varies by voyage. I like to go early too, which is why the 8am opening stuck in my mind. Pretty sure the indoor pool was open earlier though as I normally swam in there before going to the gym once it opened.

It's entirely possible that it's changed as it's about 10 months since we were last aboard. If I look on the Cunard website it says

Opening Times:

The gym is typically open from 8am - 8pm every day.

Perhaps it varies by voyage. I like to go early too, which is why the 8am opening stuck in my mind. Pretty sure the indoor pool was open earlier though as I normally swam in there before going to the gym once it opened.

Right, that's what it says here:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/spa_gym

I guess it either opens at 6 am, 8 am, or another time entirely.

Unfortunately, Cunard's website contains a plethora of contradictory information (as well as well hidden information) so it is not surprising that there is confusion. The information is further complicated by US vs Great Britain info. Glad I am not their web developer.

I personally am hoping that the 0600 info is correct as I would like to be able to go up to the Gym and loosen up my artificial knee on one of their bicycles before I start the rest of my day.

Guess I'll find out in 6+ more weeks. (yn)

Whenever I have travelled on On QE and QV The Daily Programme states Royal Fitness opens at 6am however when on QM2 Canyon Ranch The Daily Programme states opens at 8am . On Embarkation days they are open at 12noon. I only use the gym prior to lunch so they have always been open when i wished to use the facility.

Edited by Pennbank

I personally am hoping that the 0600 info is correct as I would like to be able to go up to the Gym and loosen up my artificial knee on one of their bicycles before I start the rest of my day.

I, too, would like to be up early to be on a treadmill. We depart in two days (!!!) and I will advise the group once I find out firsthand.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the followup. Now I can look forward to my morning bike ride that makes my knee happy.

The Two Virtual Bikes that were in the gym on QM2 disappeared on last refit which in my opinion is a shame. I think the Gym on the QE and QV are far superior to that of QM2.

The Two Virtual Bikes that were in the gym on QM2 disappeared on last refit which in my opinion is a shame. I think the Gym on the QE and QV are far superior to that of QM2.

My apologies if this is a different piece of equipment, but was on the 12 August 2017 QM2 crossing and while using the lateral elliptical units was faced by at least 2 or 3 bicycle-like units.

My apologies if this is a different piece of equipment, but was on the 12 August 2017 QM2 crossing and while using the lateral elliptical units was faced by at least 2 or 3 bicycle-like units.

Yes different type, They used to have two Computer Bikes in the section in the weights area, passed the Tread mills. Think they were called X-Dream Interactive The Xdream allowed the User to enter a virtual world with 5 other riders and Take a ride in parkland, in the highlands, in the semi-arid or desert locations

Still have them on the Two "Vista Class" ships

Edited by Pennbank

I am just wondering why it would need to close at all? The local gyms around my home are all 24 hours. If there are no cabins below the workout center, then why close it?

I'd like to say "so no one does anything unsavory in there in the middle of the night" but that doesn't seem to stop them from leaving the computer room open 24 hours a day.

I am just wondering why it would need to close at all? The local gyms around my home are all 24 hours. If there are no cabins below the workout center, then why close it?

Could the fact that it is below the Bridge, and with no staff on duty it ensures no lighting re navigation purposes during darkness. For QM2

There were cabins below the Gym on all Three Queens, so that would stop it being 24/7 anyway. Noise does travel, especially dropping weights on the floor. If I remember they have notices on QE and QV in the gym by the weights.

Edited by Pennbank