Does Carnival Provide Cribs

webzila

I couldn't find any recent info regarding this - does Carnival provide cribs for babies? If yes, is it only on certain ships and how do you reserve one since there is no option for this online.

Also, are there high chairs in the dining rooms? I didn't even pay attention last time since we didn't have our baby with us.

You have reserved space for your baby in your cabin I hope? They have to know the baby is coming for safety and lifeboat stuff.

We haven't booked yet. Just wanted to know what they do / do not offer for infants. I know they don't have nurseries and don't really cater to babies like Disney and Royal Caribbean do.

We were given a crib not a pack and play on the Fascination last fall as well. It was smaller than a normal crib, like half the length/width, higher than a pack and play, and had linens.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info everyone.

We are thinking about going on a 5 night Triumph cruise again in January 2014.

Our baby will be 21 months old at that time.

We just want to make sure that the trip won't turn into a headache due to lack of accommodations and activities for kids younger than 3.

Only thing we have to compare against regarding traveling with babies is Disney. We went on the Magic 5 night when the baby was 9 months and that was a breeze since they provide you with a crib, diaper genie, etc...and have activities and baby sitting for infants.

Thanks for the info everyone.

We are thinking about going on a 5 night Triumph cruise again in January 2014.

Our baby will be 21 months old at that time.

We just want to make sure that the trip won't turn into a headache due to lack of accommodations and activities for kids younger than 3.

If you can hold off 3 months, Carnival provides childcare(Camp Carnival) for 2-year-olds.

If you can hold off 3 months, Carnival provides childcare(Camp Carnival) for 2-year-olds.

Just got off the "Breeze" with my daughter and her 7 month old. The cribs are metal, they do fold, allowing a little more room in cabin when not in use. Camp Carnival provides limited babysitting, for a nominal charge. They also have some time when you can go and stay and play with your child. Just check out Camp Carnival on the website. We had a fabulous time.

I couldn't find any recent info regarding this - does Carnival provide cribs for babies? If yes, is it only on certain ships and how do you reserve one since there is no option for this online.

Also, are there high chairs in the dining rooms? I didn't even pay attention last time since we didn't have our baby with us.

Forgot to mention you can find out a wealth of information on the Special interest Family cruises board, that's what we did. Lots of good tips. Yes there are high chairs in dining rooms also, our TA requested both crib and high chair ahead of time for us.

We have another cruise planned on RCCL in June but we just wanted a quick trip in January to hold us over until then :)

Carnival is the only line doing 4/5 day trips out of Galveston during that time.

Just got off the "Breeze" with my daughter and her 7 month old. The cribs are metal, they do fold, allowing a little more room in cabin when not in use. Camp Carnival provides limited babysitting, for a nominal charge. They also have some time when you can go and stay and play with your child. Just check out Camp Carnival on the website. We had a fabulous time.

Interesting ... the part about limited babysitting.

Carnival really needs to update their website. I did not see any information about this there.

We would gladly pay for some baby sitting if it was available. Thats what we did on Disney.

I will check the other forum section you mentioned but if you or anyone has any info about this limited baby sitting for children younger than 2 please post.

Thanks

Carnival really needs to update their website. I did not see any information about this there.

We would gladly pay for some baby sitting if it was available. Thats what we did on Disney.

I will check the other forum section you mentioned but if you or anyone has any info about this limited baby sitting for children younger than 2 please post.

Thanks

There is babysitting for under 2 late. I think 10pm - 2am. There may also be some limited babysitting while the ship is at port. I believe it is $6.50/hr + tip. You drop your kid off at Camp Carnival and they give you a pager in case of emergency.

There is also play time for under 2 at Camp Carnival during the day. Parents have to stay with their kids, but it allows them a chance to run around. The exact times should be in the Fun Times.

Thanks

There is limited babysitting for under-2s.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-544810

There are NO in-stateroom services available. Daytime services are available for infants 2 and under on port days for the same price ($6.75/hour, subject to change, plus 15% gratuity). Contact the Camp Carnival Staff on board for specific times of these services as they vary by port.

Archived