Single cabins/causesolo is too low.

fireofficer5

• 3 weeks later...
There are also some single cabins on P&O ships and I believe also on QM2.

The QM2 hasn't been sailing for years. She was decommissioned as a cruise ship in 2010. She's currently in Dubai with plans to make her into a hotel.

The Prinsendam has two solo cabins. Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas has three single cabins, all inside.

Some expedition ships and a couple of riverboats have single cabins.

This would be awesome. It's so unrealistic to book a double room for one person!

I don't think it's unrealistic. I've taken at least 30 solo cruises, all in a regular cabin and they've all been great. I've sailed all over the world in double cabins and have never regretted any of my cruises.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the QE2?

Yes,you're right. Sorry for the mistake. But the QM2 does not have solo cabins. Cruised on her and had to pay single supplement because they didn't have solo cabins.

• 4 weeks later...

the epic has the studio cabins but the price isn't the same or cheaper then getting a inside on many ships. lowest price is what i care about. it still burns me ccl dropped the 150% single supplement. i've been on the epic in a studio cabin and i may be the only solo passenger who thinks epic is not solo friendly. like you can reserve the show time you want before the cruise. fine if you are a couple/family. but you don't know who you may meet and want to go to the shows with with since you are solo. so you have to wait in long lines to find out what shows are still available and pick one. then you wait in line at the time of the show to get in first and get a good seat. the singles lounge was hardly used even when they left the door open for everyone. about the only nice thing about it was the coffee/tea/milk and cakes and cookies. if you got up in the middle of the night and needed just a nibble or something to soothe your stomach or headache it was a short walk from any studio.

Archived