Grills Terrace

cruiseluvva

We are booked on the QM2 in April, in the QG. So far we have only travelled in the Grills on QE, where there was waiter service on the Grills sun decks and often lovely little offerings of ice cream, filled rolls etc appeared.

Do the same things happen on the Grills Terrace on the QM2?

We are booked on the QM2 in April, in the QG. So far we have only travelled in the Grills on QE, where there was waiter service on the Grills sun decks and often lovely little offerings of ice cream, filled rolls etc appeared.

Do the same things happen on the Grills Terrace on the QM2?

Cruiseluvva,

On my first Christmas using the QG Terrace in 2009, ice tea and ice water were readily available. In the morning fresh fruit on a stick was passed out. Then, finger sandwiches were available for self serve. In the afternoon, cups of ice cream were passed out. There was always someone from bar service available, but they had to use the 45+ stairway to go get the drinks on Deck 8. Also, various types of sun lotion/screen.

Years 2010-2012, these amenities were not available, apparently all extra staff members were needed elsewhere for cleaning duties due to the Noro on board.

This Christmas, I was pleased to see all services back (except I did not see the lotions). Also, this year there was a bar setup, so drinks came a little quicker and the sandwiches were passed instead of self serve.

Hope this helps. It really is quite nice, and I never had to worry about finding a lounger, unlike Deck 8, where it can get pretty tricky on a really warm day. I do note that you are going in April, so things could be different.

Jeanne