Whats Not to Miss in Bermuda

mcrcruiser

The glassworks factory is very interesting along with the rum cake factory, in the same building. In St George, the Bermuda Perfumery is really nice to see. You can swim with the dolphins or take a Segway tour.

The glassworks factory is very interesting along with the rum cake factory, in the same building. In St George, the Bermuda Perfumery is really nice to see. You can swim with the dolphins or take a Segway tour.

St. George is a nice little city to visit. If you go there look out at the water and envision a cruise ship going through the cut...They used to do it all the time. Also, I believe on Wednesdays they have they street fair in Hamilton in the evening.

Edited by dkjretired

Those who have recently cruised into Bermuda ,what are the sighs & doings not to miss ?

There is a to do/see list located here. Print the list out, hi-lite what interests you, and do your research.

Also, there is a printable Bermuda map here which has bus and ferry routes, and the locations of many of the attractions identified.

SBtS

There is a to do/see list located here. Print the list out, hi-lite what interests you, and do your research.

Also, there is a printable Bermuda map here which has bus and ferry routes, and the locations of many of the attractions identified.

SBtS

Thanks, a real help, but isn't it also available once in Bermuda? I know it's not in the WIs, but it is the most beautiful place, and the people are wonderful. It's nice to hear "Good morning, MISTER Jones" or "How are you, MISS Smith" I love it.

The one thing we HAVE to do in Bermuda is to taxi to Warwick ($7 pp last fall) and walk the path back to Horseshoe. This is the true Bermuda for us. We stop and swim, take lots of pictures. The huge rock formations are just gorgeous. You cannot get lost on the path and it is not strenuous if you are even fairly fit. We take 3-4 hours slowly making our way to Horseshoe where we spend the remainder of the day. There is a beautiful cove just as you get to Horseshoe that is great for body surfing/bobbing in the water. There is almost always nobody there! Have a ball in Bermuda! We cannot wait to return! We could (and will after kids tuition payments are done) visit Bermuda every fall! And no better way than by cruise ship!

Lauri

Thanks, a real help, but isn't it also available once in Bermuda? I know it's not in the WIs, but it is the most beautiful place, and the people are wonderful. It's nice to hear "Good morning, MISTER Jones" or "How are you, MISS Smith" I love it.

Bosox -

you wrote - Thanks, a real help, but isn't it also available once in Bermuda? I know it's not in the WIs, - I don't understand what you mean :confused:.

SBtS

Must see's/do's in Bermuda (my opinion)...

Misc:

Take at least one ferry ride

Explore the dockyard area

Caves

St. George

Beaches:

Horseshoe Bay (Bermuda's most popular beach...pink sand...)

Tobacco Bay (good for snorkeling)

Alexandria's battery (Not the nicest beach, but a lot of sea glass)

Restaurants:

Frog & Onion (in dockyard)

Swizzle Inn (South Shore & Bailey's bay)

Yes, the maps are available in the terminal building. I would not bother to print them out. They also might be available on the ship. I have always been able to pick up the pocket maps onboard the ship I sailed to Bermuda. Of course that may vary depending on ship.

Edited by Charles4515

I went to the website gotobermuda.com . Within one week, I received a few brochures including the handy Bermuda reference map. My husband and I are finding the map especially helpful for planning our agenda each day. Interestingly enough, we ordered travel information from Colorado more than two months ago, and we have yet to get anything. We were very surprised to get our Bermuda travel packet so quickly!

Those who have recently cruised into Bermuda ,what are the sighs & doings not to miss ?

TIA

Hey Cliff -- Suzanne here! When are you and Marianne going to Bermuda? Rick and I have friends on the Summit Labor Day sailing, so we just booked. This will be our first trip to Bermuda, and since we have three days there, I'm trying to find out what all there is to do, on the island. Hope you guys are doing well (and cruising lots). :cool:

Hey Cliff -- Suzanne here! When are you and Marianne going to Bermuda? Rick and I have friends on the Summit Labor Day sailing, so we just booked. This will be our first trip to Bermuda, and since we have three days there, I'm trying to find out what all there is to do, on the island. Hope you guys are doing well (and cruising lots). :cool:

My suggestion would be to print out the 'to do/see' list located here, hi-lite what interests you, and do your research.

SBtS

My suggestion would be to print out the 'to do/see' list located here, hi-lite what interests you, and do your research.

SBtS

Thank you -- the map of ferry and bus routes will help! :)

Jimmy and I are booked for June 9 on Vision of the Seas. Also doing the "homework" of finding out what to do. You know us-- we will be snorkeling and hitting some pubs for sure! I'll let you know what we thought before you head out on Labor day. Susan

Hey there, Susan! Like your new avatar -- you two look like you're loving retirement! Thanks for letting us know what you think of Bermuda. We're hoping to go with friends who've been there before. But, if that doesn't work out, and we find ourselves "on our own" -- we'd better get our homework done, too! :cool:

-- Suzanne

Aside from photos, is there any particular souvenir that screams Bermuda? What did you end up buying? The perfume? Bone china? Something else?

Edited by Truluv

• 2 months later...
Hey there, Susan! Like your new avatar -- you two look like you're loving retirement! Thanks for letting us know what you think of Bermuda. We're hoping to go with friends who've been there before. But, if that doesn't work out, and we find ourselves "on our own" -- we'd better get our homework done, too! :cool:

-- Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

We loved Bermuda! Beautiful island. The water was rather rough, so very little snorkeling. The bus system works well as does the ferry. Had local brews at the Frog and Onion. Also the Dark and Stormy was to be had at the Bonefish. We walked the paths on the beaches. The scenery is possibly better than at St. John's (which I did not think could get any better!) All in all a very good cruise. People nice and island very clean and well maintained. Hope your cruise is a fun one. Susan and Jimmy

Hi Suzanne,

We loved Bermuda! Beautiful island. The water was rather rough, so very little snorkeling. The bus system works well as does the ferry. Had local brews at the Frog and Onion. Also the Dark and Stormy was to be had at the Bonefish. We walked the paths on the beaches. The scenery is possibly better than at St. John's (which I did not think could get any better!) All in all a very good cruise. People nice and island very clean and well maintained. Hope your cruise is a fun one. Susan and Jimmy

Hey Guys -- thanks for the info -- I'm getting so excited about this cruise! We haven't worked out all the details, but we're going to try to see as much of the island as we can, in 3 short days. Definitely getting a multi-day bus/ferry pass, as soon as we get off the ship in Dockyard. We're also going to attend the last "Harbor Nights" of the season. And, I'm definitely looking forward to trying my first Dark-and-Stormy, while we're in Bermuda. How are you two enjoying retirement? :cool: