Sunday Night Dinner Recommendations??

rclibertygirl5

We would like to have dinner on the island when we arrive on Sunday. I know the bus and ferry service is extremely limited so I am looking for something semi-close to the dockyard because we will have to take a taxi. We are looking for a nice restaurant with beautiful water views and seafood. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!

We would like to have dinner on the island when we arrive on Sunday. I know the bus and ferry service is extremely limited so I am looking for something semi-close to the dockyard because we will have to take a taxi. We are looking for a nice restaurant with beautiful water views and seafood. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!

You might want to try the Frog and Onion Pub - right in the Dockyard area, a couple of minutes from your ship. A fun place - with a lot of good things on the menu - but no water view. I don't know of any other place really convenient.

If you want a truly special dinner, you could take a taxi to Tom Moore's Tavern - fairly expensive and formal, and a long way from the Dockyard.

Depending on ferry schedules, you should be able to get across the harbor to Hamilton where there are a number of places on Front Street with second floor balconies with water views.

Depending on ferry schedules, you should be able to get across the harbor to Hamilton where there are a number of places on Front Street with second floor balconies with water views.

Yes, but the last ferry back to the Dockyard from Hamilton on Sundays is at 6 PM this summer, and the last bus is even earlier. Taxi back will be your only option.

I wouldn't bother leaving Dockyard on a Sunday evening - it'll be a very expensive taxi fare to anywhere worth going to, and you might have trouble finding a taxi to bring you back.

Stick with the Frog and Onion, it's your best bet.

Yes, but the last ferry back to the Dockyard from Hamilton on Sundays is at 6 PM this summer, and the last bus is even earlier. Taxi back will be your only option.

That is not correct. The last Sunday bus from Hamilton > Dockyard is a route #8 at 10:45PM. The penultimate is a route #7 at 4:30PM. If those times do not meet your needs then a taxi would be your only option. The fare for up to 4 passengers with travel before mid-night would be close to $50.00 plus the 25% Sunday surcharge.

SBtS.

I wouldn't bother leaving Dockyard on a Sunday evening - it'll be a very expensive taxi fare to anywhere worth going to, and you might have trouble finding a taxi to bring you back.

Stick with the Frog and Onion, it's your best bet.

I was going to suggest the Bone Fish Grill and Freeport Seafood, also at Dockyard as you know, as possible alternatives to the Frog and Onion, but I've never eaten at either. Would the lack of mention by you indicate that you don't care for either?

Having eaten at both Bone Fish and the Frog and Onion, I found neither all that special. Cambridge Beaches is maybe a 10.00 cab ride from the dockyard and is one of the nicest cottage colony resorts on Bermuda. If you want something special with a lovely view, it is a lovely option.

Mickey's at Elbow Beach Resort. Right on the beach and still today I dream of the seafood risotto!! Taxi if no busses are running.

I agree Mickey's is great, with awesome views and very good food. It is a little distant from the Dockyard, but worth it if you are willing to spend the money to get there. Even better views than Cambridge as it is right on the very pretty Elbow Beach, but a good 30 minutes and $35.00 cab ride away from the Dockyard.

bermuda-restaurant-mickeys-beach-bistro-and-bar?$DetailBannerHeight$&crop=1,2776,4087,2726

I agree Mickey's is great, with awesome views and very good food. It is a little distant from the Dockyard, but worth it if you are willing to spend the money to get there. Even better views than Cambridge as it is right on the very pretty Elbow Beach, but a good 30 minutes and $35.00 cab ride away from the Dockyard.

bermuda-restaurant-mickeys-beach-bistro-and-bar?$DetailBannerHeight$&crop=1,2776,4087,2726

after dinner take a cab to Cobbs Hill and jump on the #8 leaving Hamilton at 10:45 (arrives Cobbs Hill about 11:00)...just be sure to be taxi'd to the Middle Rd end of Cobbs Hill, not the South Rd end.