Pacific Princess docking in Venice

oskidunker

Close Vote? Usually docks at 1 of the 4 spaces available at the Cruise port. Depends on who else beat them there. My wife is Italian and we go there for shopping and stay in Verona. It is easier to catch the train to Rome where her Dad lives or one to Trento and Vien. She likes to buy linen and Gold earrings around Venice.

Edited by WupperAV

Anyone know where the ship usually docks? Trying to find a close hotel for a trip october 30, 2017.The link to the site says 2017 won't be available until February

The main piers are at the Venice Cruise Terminal (Marittima) or for smaller ships such as the Pacific Princess at San Basilio which is on the Giudecca Canal right around the corner from Marittima.

At San Basilio I have seen the smaller Silver Shadow/Princess R type ships etc docked.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.4308634,12.318586,925m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en-US

If you zoom in and out it will add locations.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

europeforvisotors.com/venice is great site for all things about Venice.

I have been on cruises two times from Venice and this site will help you decide where to stay,type of transportation and food choices.

I stayed near St Marks Square and took water bus from St Marks to Cruise terminal,very easy and highly recommend this route

Anyone know where the ship usually docks? Trying to find a close hotel for a trip october 30, 2017.The link to the site says 2017 won't be available until February

Just a side note. When we boarded the Pacific in Venice in 2013, there was a ticket card/coupon in the stateroom for a water bus from the cruise terminal to St. Marks Square and back. You can disembark to use it and return before sailing. Our companions used it. We did not but noticed a charge on our folio the next day. We were told that we need to return the card to Passenger Services Desk. I don't know if it's still being done today.

Just a side note. When we boarded the Pacific in Venice in 2013, there was a ticket card/coupon in the stateroom for a water bus from the cruise terminal to St. Marks Square and back. You can disembark to use it and return before sailing. Our companions used it. We did not but noticed a charge on our folio the next day. We were told that we need to return the card to Passenger Services Desk. I don't know if it's still being done today.

It wasn't being done on the Pacific Princess this year.

If you stay at a chain hotel like Hilton; it is located one vaperreto water taxi stop from cruise port. The vaperreto drops you off right at the ship entrance. The Hilton has a free water shuttle that takes you to St. Marks Square

There is no hotel by the cruise port, and no stores or anything useful other than transportation. Take the people mover to Piazzale Roma. I've heard good things about the Best Western close by there.

I am not as adventurous as some, perhaps, and I prefer to stay at a chain hotel so I know what I am getting into not to mention earning points in their programs. When I did China last year, I stayed mostly at Hiltons and Marriotts because I was certain the front desk staff would speak English which they did mostly.

Edited by Wehwalt

I highly recommend Hotel Violino D'Orso near St Marks Square,great location,nice hotel and breakfast,you can walk to all of favorite spots in Venice and take water Bus to cruise terminal.Piazza Roma is close by but moving luggage on People Mover to cruise terminal can be a problem unless you take a land taxi.

I also recommend taking a shared water taxi from airport to hotel location,we stayed near St Marks and the water taxi ride was wonderful as you go down Grand canal and also cuts through side canals,think it was 38 euros for two,well worth it.If you stay near St Marks,you do not need to use vapparetto unless you want to.I did People Mover on my first trip was too much trouble but if want to save money take bus from airport to Piazza Roma and People Mover to ship

If you look at a Google Map, Satellite view, you see the port at the west side of Venice, near where the train drops you off and at the "top" of the Grand Canal, NOT the Piazza San Marco end.

Assuming you dock in Venice in the morning, I recommend that you get up early and find a great place to sit at the front or back of the ship and watch the sunrise as you pull into Venice (at least an hour before you are scheduled to dock) it's something you'll never forget.

I also recommend taking a train from Venice into Switzerland or Germany if you are flying from there to the US.

Edited by LittleCruiser1

• 2 months later...

We're flying to Venice next week, for the repositioning back to Ft. Lauderdale. Princess uses a hotel in Venice called The Bauer Hotel Palazzo, which is a 5-star hotel (former palace). We tried to book into it through Princess, but they only had a few rooms blocked for clients, and they were already booked. I went to Tripadvisor and found the Bauer Hotel myself, and booked it. There was a sale, so we got a room for $232.00. Its a couple blocks from the Basilica, St. Mark's Square, and near the Grand Canal. We figured that if Princess cruisers were staying there, we wouldn't have any trouble connecting with them in getting transportation to the cruiseport.

I would say it depends on what you want to do while you are there. Remember in Venice your options are water taxi or bus and walking. When I took my cruise out of Venice, I was there 3 days prior, so I could look around. I stayed at the Regina. I took a water taxi on departure day right to the cruise port right from the hotel. If I remember right, it was about a 45 min ride.

• 1 month later...
We're flying to Venice next week, for the repositioning back to Ft. Lauderdale. Princess uses a hotel in Venice called The Bauer Hotel Palazzo, which is a 5-star hotel (former palace). We tried to book into it through Princess, but they only had a few rooms blocked for clients, and they were already booked. I went to Tripadvisor and found the Bauer Hotel myself, and booked it. There was a sale, so we got a room for $232.00. Its a couple blocks from the Basilica, St. Mark's Square, and near the Grand Canal. We figured that if Princess cruisers were staying there, we wouldn't have any trouble connecting with them in getting transportation to the cruiseport.

Hello,

How did booking "the cruise hotel" work out work out for you insofar as embarkation morning transportation?

We are going 11 November and looking for recommendations on nearby hotels, given primary consideration to convenience of moving luggage on embarkation day.

Cheers,

Bob

Hello,

How did booking "the cruise hotel" work out work out for you insofar as embarkation morning transportation?

We are going 11 November and looking for recommendations on nearby hotels, given primary consideration to convenience of moving luggage on embarkation day.

Cheers,

Bob

Best to ask this question on the Italy Ports Board, found here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=595

I sailed out of Venice last year and stayed at Hilton Stucky. I used my Hilton points. Great hotel; it is located on its own island within view of cruise port. There is a grocery store behind hotel; and the hotel provides free shuttles to St. Marks square. They do not provide free shuttle to cruise port but the bellman told my wife and I which vaporetto taxi to take;.. the water taxi's stop at hotel and take you to cruise port; about a five min ride. 3 euros. So, if you have any Hilton points perhaps you can stay there.

I sailed out of Venice last year and stayed at Hilton Stucky. I used my Hilton points. Great hotel; it is located on its own island within view of cruise port. There is a grocery store behind hotel; and the hotel provides free shuttles to St. Marks square. They do not provide free shuttle to cruise port but the bellman told my wife and I which vaporetto taxi to take;.. the water taxi's stop at hotel and take you to cruise port; about a five min ride. 3 euros. So, if you have any Hilton points perhaps you can stay there.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have stayed twice prior to Princess sailings at the Hilton Molino Stuckey. Great staff and wonderful hotel. Convenient to everything. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have stayed twice prior to Princess sailings at the Hilton Molino Stuckey. Great staff and wonderful hotel. Convenient to everything. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. Can you be specific about how transportation worked, with luggage, to the Maritime cruise terminal?

Cheers,

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk