Has anyone just taken a taxi to Brimstone?

erniesband

Has anyone just taken taxi over to Brimstone Fortress? If you did, what was the cost of the taxi? And what was the admission fee into Brimstone? We want to spend more time photographing there than the regular tours allow, so we figure the best thing is to go on our own.

Thanks.

Has anyone just taken taxi over to Brimstone Fortress? If you did, what was the cost of the taxi? And what was the admission fee into Brimstone? We want to spend more time photographing there than the regular tours allow, so we figure the best thing is to go on our own.

Thanks.

Yes, only we did a few other stops too. We found a taxi once we got off the ship then made up our own tour. I really can't remember costs. You would have a few options, one is to have him bring you there and drop you off. If you do this, I would arrange a pickup time. Or you can have him wait for you. It's a beautiful fort, we have been there 3 times since 2002 and it if fun to see how they are working on it and improving it. Last time, I met a friendly little black cat, if you see him, tell him I said hello. :)

Yes, only we did a few other stops too. We found a taxi once we got off the ship then made up our own tour. I really can't remember costs. You would have a few options, one is to have him bring you there and drop you off. If you do this, I would arrange a pickup time. Or you can have him wait for you. It's a beautiful fort, we have been there 3 times since 2002 and it if fun to see how they are working on it and improving it. Last time, I met a friendly little black cat, if you see him, tell him I said hello. :)

I'll make sure I bring a bag of kitty treats with me :D

I'll make sure I bring a bag of kitty treats with me :D

:D Let your taxi driver know you are interested in photography. My husband is a professional photographer and sometimes when we get a good taxi driver he will stop along the way to show him something worthy of a photo. One time on the way to Brimstone, the driver noticed a bush with birds on it or something, and stopped so my hunny could shoot it.

:D Let your taxi driver know you are interested in photography. My husband is a professional photographer and sometimes when we get a good taxi driver he will stop along the way to show him something worthy of a photo. One time on the way to Brimstone, the driver noticed a bush with birds on it or something, and stopped so my hunny could shoot it.

Was it a tree full of egrets? If so, I've got a great picture of it.

We'll be sure to mention our interest in photography to the taxi driver.

• 3 weeks later...

We walked into town and got a cab in the Circus, the central traffic circle in town. For 4 of us it was $50. That seemed like it was a pretty firm price as our driver wouldn't budge a bit.

It was about a 30 minute drive up and back. Our driver was a great old guy named Mate who was very personable and told us a lot about the island. He stopped for photo ops and pointed out things along the way. He waited while we toured the fort. The views are fantastic! You could see 4 or 5 other islands from up there. It's a great spot for photos.

We walked into town and got a cab in the Circus, the central traffic circle in town. For 4 of us it was $50. That seemed like it was a pretty firm price as our driver wouldn't budge a bit.

It was about a 30 minute drive up and back. Our driver was a great old guy named Mate who was very personable and told us a lot about the island. He stopped for photo ops and pointed out things along the way. He waited while we toured the fort. The views are fantastic! You could see 4 or 5 other islands from up there. It's a great spot for photos.

Finally nice to hear a price...as we think about doing it as well.

The 50 US was for roundtrip for all of you ? And how is it working at

Brimstone ? Is there a ticket booth ? And finally how long did you toured the fort ?

Taxi rates are fixed. Taxi rates are quoted for 1 to 4 people sharing the taxi. Tour rates are not. What is the difference you may ask, a taxi rate is from point A to point B and possible return only. A tour would have multiple stops with your return included. You pay the entry fee at a booth on the way up the hill to the fortress.

Yes, it was $50 round trip for all 4 of us. The entry to the fort wasn't much, I don't remember the cost.

We stayed at the fort for 45 min to an hour. There's a museum and some exhibits. The main thing is the view. Simply amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to report back. We had a group of 5, walked off the ship, found a taxi driver by the name of Greg who charged us $15 each for the ride to Brimstone, waited for an hour as we toured and then back to the town square. Entry fee was $10 US per person.

I took some kitty treats for the cats that live there, gave them to the guard at the lower gate.