Carnival's New Menu, dining room changes

Bonnie J.

We were on the Glory December 8th cruise where the new menu & changes were made. We were the ONLY Carnival ship with these. Anyone else on that cruise or a cruise with these new things? what are your feelings about them?

We met and talked with Cyrus who is VP of food operations for all of Carnival. Everyone was supposed to get a survey. I just emailed him telling him we haven't gotten one yet. He is going to send me one.

Let us know what you think of these changes. Thanks!

Table cloths are only on the tables on formal nights. Things can really slide if its rough. (I pointed this out to Cyrus when he came and sat at our table for a bit.) They don't have the everyday side of the menu. You choose what vegetables you want from lower portion of the menu. There are BIG caraffs of ice water on the table so passengers pour their own water. One night there were 3 appetizers on the menu. We didn't choose what we wanted everyone was brought all 3, salmon something, fantastic stuffed mushrooms and something else- the stuffed mushrooms were so very good next time I'm going to try to order just them! Prime rib & lobster are still on the menu 'cruise elegant night'. The bread plates are square & have different scenes on them and are right in front of you were they used to have the blue & pink plates. All the other plates were plane white. I didn't see soups on the menu every night. One night they had crisp tortilla soup- haven't figured out how any soup can be crisp.

It was well over a month ago we were on the Glory so there are things I don't remember or have forgotten. just would like to read what others have thought!

Over on the Carnival board the discussion of the new menu's has kind of died down.

The biggest objection that people had was that if you are sharing a table with strangers, they are trying to serve things family style and people weren't liking that.

Another big objection was since your entrée comes on one plate and each of your sides are served on a separate plate or bowl, the table becomes very crowded.

The water carafe sweats and drips on you when you go to pour.

On formal night you can't get a single appetizer of your choosing. It comes with a stuffed mushroom (which everyone seems to love), a seafood ceviche (which most people don't care for) and smoked salmon (which I personally don't care for)

Most people are reporting that the dining room staff are reporting lots of complaints, but John Heald keeps reporting that it's well received.

I'm just glad my next cruise will have the old menu to order from.