A must buy in Aruba?

melgent

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer St. Martin, specifically Ballerina Jewelers. My Dad purchased a number of pieces from them over the years for my Mom. My grandmother had also bought diamonds from them. I had everything appraised after their deaths and each and every appraisal was at least 100% over purchase price, many exceeding. The most expensive piece appraised for more than 400% of the purchase price.

If you do decide to shop in Aruba know the approximate value of what you are shopping for.

with electronics I find that I can find like items less expensive online here in the US.

Head to the local supermarket and pick up some Dutch chocolate, coffee or cheese.

In various kiosks downtown or in Palm Beach look for local art.

I am a big fan of local grocery stores. We want to pick up cheese and chocolate. Is there such a thing a Dutch tea? My DH is a big coke cola drinker and I drinks lots of water are they available in the grocery store? What is the name of the closes grocery store to the port, how far and location? Should we taxi, bus it or rent a car? I have some mobility issues so long walks are out. Plus the last two times we were there it rained to the point of flooding...just our luck as we know that is to the exception. Thanks for your continued helpful info.

Not sure about Dutch tea. Yes to soda and bottled water. I prefer Super Food which is a bit further than the other 2 supermarkets, but you would need to take a taxi to get to any of them.

You will have to pay for the taxi to wait for you. The supermarket, if need be, will call a taxi for you when you are finished with your shopping.l

Not sure about Dutch tea. Yes to soda and bottled water. I prefer Super Food which is a bit further than the other 2 supermarkets, but you would need to take a taxi to get to any of them.

You will have to pay for the taxi to wait for you. The supermarket, if need be, will call a taxi for you when you are finished with your shopping.l

So noted but why do you prefer Super Food?

I am a big fan of local grocery stores. We want to pick up cheese and chocolate. Is there such a thing a Dutch tea? My DH is a big coke cola drinker and I drinks lots of water are they available in the grocery store? What is the name of the closes grocery store to the port, how far and location? .

The closest one is just one street back from the main drag, just a few doors down from the drug store. I make a trip to both each time I go there. It is walkable, unlike the big one Lisa mentions. I don't know the name, but anybody along that street can direct you, if you do not see it immediately. Maybe Lisa can give you more detailed directions.

You can get cheeses, soda, snax, and anything else at the grocery store. I have a re-usable grocery bag that I got there that says Keep Aruba Clean in the local language, and I get a smile whenever I pull it out of the pile and use at the local Publix.

Just in case she cannot figure it out, tell the cashier you are paying in US, and try to get as close as possible to the amount, because the change will be in local currency.

Pick up your Aruba Aloe products at the drug store, cheaper than at the store at the port or the kiosk in the little square- but they do not have the full line of products.

Same process goes here for the payment process.

Wow, what a screen name...love it! I do believe I remember the drug store and yes the Aloe products were less $'s than the store in the mall. I do love using aloe for after sun days and burns. You wouldn't know what time they close? We will be there in late November on a Thursday. I'm looking at going at 3:30 PM.

Wow, what a screen name...love it! I do believe I remember the drug store and yes the Aloe products were less $'s than the store in the mall. I do love using aloe for after sun days and burns. You wouldn't know what time they close? We will be there in late November on a Thursday. I'm looking at going at 3:30 PM.

I'm sure they would be open till 5 or 6 anyway - lots of local folks shopping there.

Eat and Do Little was a fun cruise screen name till I got older and fatter..not so funny any more :o

I'm sure they would be open till 5 or 6 anyway - lots of local folks shopping there.

Eat and Do Little was a fun cruise screen name till I got older and fatter..not so funny any more :o

Thanks, I thought your screen name sounded British! Most get old and heavier so you are in with many. You'll have to cruise more and get exercise by walking and snorkeling. Tell your doc you need a prescription for such!

Aloe burn balm is also good for household burns for those who are not so agile in the kitchen. Their product has so many good uses. Great to give Aloe for gifties. This is a must buy product!