2 Cabins ~ Change on board or get extra key?

QTPieRye

I just read on a thread that somebody changed their cabin assignment once on board the ship. Is this possible?

We have a true aft cabin on the Splendor (6456) and our children will be in the IS cabin across(around) the corner (6446). Our TA said that CCL required that an adult be in the room ~ even though it may as well be right across the hall. Has anyone with a similiar situation changed the occupants during embarkation or once on board?

I just read on a thread that somebody changed their cabin assignment once on board the ship. Is this possible?

We have a true aft cabin on the Splendor (6456) and our children will be in the IS cabin across(around) the corner (6446). Our TA said that CCL required that an adult be in the room ~ even though it may as well be right across the hall. Has anyone with a similiar situation changed the occupants during embarkation or once on board?

They will let you exchange rooms if the new room is not assigned to someone already and you pay any difference that may be required. A lot of times the ship is full so all staterooms are being used.

All you have to do is go to the customer service desk and ask them to issue new cards. We have done this without any problem. I am not sure about the extra key/card though.

They will let you exchange rooms if the new room is not assigned to someone already and you pay any difference that may be required. A lot of times the ship is full so all staterooms are being used.

All you have to do is go to the customer service desk and ask them to issue new cards. We have done this without any problem. I am not sure about the extra key/card though.

I think OP is looking to swap one person from one room with another person from another room. I.E., currently the parents are in separate rooms; each hosting a child, and OP would like the parents to be in one room and the kids to be in the other.

To answer: I read in another thread that parents can get an extra key to their kids' rooms so this sort of swap might be possible if played correctly.

First of all, your TA is giving you inaccurate information. Carnival DOES allow kids across the hall, or very nearby, without a parent booked in the cabin. We know - we've done it that way for years.

As to key reassignments, it's very easy to change the keys so the adults are in one cabin and the kids in the other. When you embark, all family member should go to Guest Services. The keys will be re-swiped so that the adults have access to one cabin and the kids to another. You can ask for an extra key to the kids' cabin.

I just think it is easier to tell the TA to book the rooms the correct way. :D

Archived