Tarpon Fishing St Thomas

chellebells

I am trying to arrange a tarpon fishing trip for my husband, I tried in Puerto Rico on our last cruise and the Capt stood us up! The cruise isn't until 11/13 so I am hoping I am starting early enough to find a more reputable company this time.

Thank you so much for any info you may have :)

Wow that stinks! :( I have booked a tarpon fishing trip in San Juan for March, and I would be so disappointed. It is truly a bucket list item for my husband. Can I ask who stood you up?

I haven't read a lot about Tarpon fishing in St Thomas, but I will look back tonight at my notes and if I see something, I will certainly post here again! Maybe check tripadvisor too.

Happy Holidays and Safe Travels to YOU! :)

Wow that stinks! :( I have booked a tarpon fishing trip in San Juan for March, and I would be so disappointed. It is truly a bucket list item for my husband. Can I ask who stood you up?

I haven't read a lot about Tarpon fishing in St Thomas, but I will look back tonight at my notes and if I see something, I will certainly post here again! Maybe check tripadvisor too.

capt juan carlos torruella-

We had emailed several times and it was a wedding present for my husband as we were married the day before the trip. I confirmed four days prior via email and had a reply saying we were all set for us to call him as soon as ship docked. Well when we called it went to voicemail and he did call back and say, "sorry I am out on another charter"! His excuse was he tried calling me the day before for one last confirmation but of course we were on a cruiseship with no cell signal.

In his defense he was apologetic but that did not help my husband who was so very disappointed. In my opinion he was just a bit on the flaky side and not an out and out jerk. Lol

Good luck on your trip, I hope somebody gets an awesome tarpon fishing trip. :)

Don't mean to hijack the STT thread, but who did you book with in San Juan? We are going in June 2013 and I'd like to book something like this for my soon-to-be husband too. :) St. Thomas is on our itinerary but so is San Juan.

Don't mean to hijack the STT thread, but who did you book with in San Juan? We are going in June 2013 and I'd like to book something like this for my soon-to-be husband too. :) St. Thomas is on our itinerary but so is San Juan.

OP-I apologize, I can't find that I kept my notes from St Thomas regarding Tarpon Fishing. :( I hope someone will weigh in with a good suggestion.

WITHANEYE7:

We were recommended to both of these, and booked with the last one:

Capt. Omar Orraca

Caribbean Outfitters

Cell: 787 396 8346

http://www.fishinginpuertorico.com

http://www.tarponnest.com

tarpon@fishinginpuertorico.com

Capt. Armando, Capt. Karim, Capt. Carlos and Capt. Randy

Puerto Rico Magic Tarpon

Phone: 787-644-1444

charters@magictarpon.com

My story is on post #3. :(

OP-I apologize, I can't find that I kept my notes from St Thomas regarding Tarpon Fishing. :( I hope someone will weigh in with a good suggestion.

WITHANEYE7:

We were recommended to both of these, and booked with the last one:

Capt. Omar Orraca

Caribbean Outfitters

Cell: 787 396 8346

www.fishinginpuertorico.com

www.tarponnest.com

tarpon@fishinginpuertorico.com

Capt. Armando, Capt. Karim, Capt. Carlos and Capt. Randy

Puerto Rico Magic Tarpon

Phone: 787-644-1444

charters@magictarpon.com

Thank you so much for the help! I owe my husband big time, it was so sad to see a grown man almost cry when he realized he couldn't go tarpon fishing. LOL

I am not associated with Arawak, I have only used them several times for kayak trips thru the BVI, but Arthur is a fantastic fisherman and guide. I do not know if he caters to land only vacationers or if he accepts cruise passengers. The worst he can say is no. All that I know is he is a great guy that really knows how to fish. http://www.arawakexp.com/fishing.htm

I am not associated with Arawak, I have only used them several times for kayak trips thru the BVI, but Arthur is a fantastic fisherman and guide. I do not know if he caters to land only vacationers or if he accepts cruise passengers. The worst he can say is no. All that I know is he is a great guy that really knows how to fish. http://www.arawakexp.com/fishing.htm

I will definitely get in touch with him as I learned a valuable lesson, only book with someone that comes from a personal recommendation. Thank you!!!!

Archived