Post Your Cabin Temperature

BigEasyCC

I've been reading an awful lot of folks complaining about how hot it is in their cabin. Could there be a way to bring a temperature gauge to SHOW how hot it actually is in the room and take a picture of it?

I think a picture with a note of the ship, cabin #, and date and time of the photo would go a long way to getting the correct beards attention. Another good note would be when you called for service, when they came and the result. It would be great to get this issue resolved or at least addressed.

This is great idea.

What about a meat thermometer to use discreetly in the MDR, buffets and Steakhouse? If the guy in the big white hat doing the carving doesn't allow you stick it in to make sure that prime rib roast or turkey breast is really cooked, they must be hiding something.

And don't forget to pack the Ph/Chlorine water test kits as many here do question the pools and hot tubs.

Plus a db decibel meter for that loud music on the lido.

Edited by AdGuyMG

How many people really complain, and of those that complain, how many know the temperature other than feeling too hot or too cold?

Last cruise:

in room temp: perfect

public space temp: perfect during the day, cool to chilly at night

Outdoor temps: perfect

My last cruise on the oasis the room temp was a little warmer than I would like but nothing too bad. I always have the coldest setting and never ever touch the master switch, leave it on

I personally have never had an issue with any cabin on any cruise line. But then again, lately we've been cruising in January. It just seemed like so many people were complaining, I was wondering if there was really an issue with the A/C.

I've been reading the posts concerning The Dream since that is my next cruise. There have been several postings regarding warm and even hot cabins at the locations beyond the aft elevators, particularly the aft balcony rooms. Anyone found that to be true?

We cruised on the Breeze in July and our cabin was "WARM":mad:

We normally cruise in April, so I just blamed it on that, but, honestly, we just could NOT get the cabin to cool down.

We slept with the blankets/sheets off.

Never complained, as it wasn't unbearable, just warmer than normal.

We were in a Lido Balcony.

Like food-- the cabin temp could be subjective. My mom would complain its too cold. In August the cabin must have been 84 degrees since she turned OFF the thermostat.

-- if you close your curtains during the day the cabin should stay cool. Too many people in balcony cabins leave the door open so they can hear the ocean-- then forget about it and leave.

which in turns plays havoc with the ships air conditioning.

Like food-- the cabin temp could be subjective. My mom would complain its too cold. In August the cabin must have been 84 degrees since she turned OFF the thermostat.

-- if you close your curtains during the day the cabin should stay cool. Too many people in balcony cabins leave the door open so they can hear the ocean-- then forget about it and leave.

Haha....Funny you say this. When we cruise in April, we always prop the door open at night. When we tried this year, after 10 minutes, DH was like, "This is NOT going to work". We had to close it. lol

I was hot on pride. But I tend to keep the bed rooms 70 ish in the summer at my house. Room temp is subjective. My mom freezes at 74. I am sweating at 74.

Winter time 68 in the house is perfect for me. I sit around wearing shorts and my wife is in 3 layers and wearing a hoodie.

I had to tell our room stewardess to stop opening the curtains! I kept the curtains closed when we weren't in the room so it would stay cooler! We would leave, she would come in do something or other and open the curtains up!

Edited by aaron3219

I've been reading an awful lot of folks complaining about how hot it is in their cabin. Could there be a way to bring a temperature gauge to SHOW how hot it actually is in the room and take a picture of it?

I think a picture with a note of the ship, cabin #, and date and time of the photo would go a long way to getting the correct beards attention. Another good note would be when you called for service, when they came and the result. It would be great to get this issue resolved or at least addressed.

I've read many threads where people said it was too hot in their cabin. Most of those say that when Carnival came to check it the temperature was around the upper 70s. The cabins do have thermostats, but even with the thermostat turned all the way down, my cabin is usually too warm. A quick search for the word thermometer on this board returned 8 pages. Yes, there are plenty of posts about cabin temperatures. I can only remember one thread though where someone posted a photo of their cabin temperature. I guess we will have to start packing a small digital thermometer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844571&highlight=thermometer

Edited by winddawn

I've read many threads where people said it was too hot in their cabin. Most of those say that when Carnival came to check it the temperature was around the upper 70s. The cabins do have thermostats, but even with the thermostat turned all the way down, my cabin is usually too warm. A quick search for the word thermometer on this board returned 8 pages. Yes, there are plenty of posts about cabin temperatures. I can only remember one thread though where someone posted a photo of their cabin temperature. I guess we will have to start packing a small digital thermometer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1844571&highlight=thermometer

Just got off the Carnival Conquest, had a wonderful time, but wished our cabin which was near the aft elevators on deck 8 had better A/C. While the room did get cool, it never really got COOL the way it has on previous cruises with Carnival and I might add we have stayed in this section on different ships so I really don't understand why there is any A/C issue at all in any room. I hope CARNIVAL is listening to their customers and addresses this because it is an important issue for us, i.e. our comfort on their ships. I did ask our steward who said our A/C was indeed on the highest setting, and we did keep our curtains closed during the day, still the A/C never really got cold.:)

im cold natured. i hate the cold. our thermostat was on the coldest setting and it still wasnt cold enough in our room. it was more on the warm side than cool. the hallways were freezing, though. wish i was able to suck that cold air in our cabin.

I always bring "Bob" which is a clock/timer/alarm/thermometer when we cruise. I bring it because I am always freezing and my DH is always hot. I turn the temp up and come back to my cabin to find it freezing as the DH has turned it all the way down. So I bring Bob and if the temp falls below 70 during the day, the temperature gets moved up! My friend got Bob for me at Brookstone and I love it!

I'm cold blooded by nature, therefore the cabins are a bit cool for me in general. Hubby, on the other hand is always hot. We never agree.

I always win though, by asking why the heck we're cruising the Caribbean if he doesn't want it to be warm!!??