How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

I booked a guarantee inside stateroom on the Epic's west-bound transatlantic (Oct 26) a couple of days ago. With my other cruise, I upgraded from a studio to a balcony guarantee a few days before the cruise, so they had it assigned pretty much immediately (and got a nice upgrade to a family minisuite). I'm kind of eager to find out where I'm staying.

I booked a guarantee inside stateroom on the Epic's west-bound transatlantic (Oct 26) a couple of days ago. With my other cruise, I upgraded from a studio to a balcony guarantee a few days before the cruise, so they had it assigned pretty much immediately (and got a nice upgrade to a family minisuite). I'm kind of eager to find out where I'm staying.

I believe there are a couple of threads regarding this. At any rate, any time from the day you book to the day you leave. DH and I booked a guarantee on the EPIC back in May for Jan 2015. Still no assignment. I'm eager, but not worried. :D

Based on reports here, there is no normal. People report all the following:

months in advance

weeks in advance

day before

at the pier

as to upgrades or assignments

got exactly what we expected

got the crappy location

got a nice upgrade

and even a few that said the cabin was changed when they got to the pier

We are on the Star on Sept 13 and still no room assignment either. Hoping that is a good thing! :D

We are on the cruise after you, and we are waiting for an assignment, too. Some people on my cruise have had assignments for weeks. Like you, we are staying optimistic.

OP, the assignment could come anytime NCL is ready. Some people report getting their assignments early, while others wait until the final days before the cruise. Rarely somebody must wait until they get to the pier to find out their assignment.

Good luck.

I've done a inside guarantee a couple of times. Both times I was assigned a bottom of the barrel inside cabin almost immediately, and the assignment never changed. Sometimes I've wondered if it might have had something to do with my being a solo cruiser. No matter, I've always been satisfied with my cabin assignments on NCL.

Used the GTY category twice. First time was our first cruise (inside cabin) and we didn't get the cabin assignment until we got to the port. The second was a BX balcony and we got the assignment a couple of weeks after the final payment. I guess it depends on the category.

When I looked at my booking this morning during planning, my room wasn't assigned, but I just looked again and they've assigned it. Stateroom 13128, category IA, midship. Since I'm saving $700 off the cost of it, I'm pretty thrilled!

When I looked at my booking this morning during planning, my room wasn't assigned, but I just looked again and they've assigned it. Stateroom 13128, category IA, midship. Since I'm saving $700 off the cost of it, I'm pretty thrilled!

Glad you got an assignment you like today. I just checked; nothing for me yet.

Have a wonderful cruise.

On the Breakaway with a BX Guarantee and still no assignment. Less than 2 weeks to go and patiently waiting. What will be will be, out of my control. Not getting hopes up for some type of great upgrade. Be happy with what I paid for but really, really happy with any type upgrade.:)

Thanks, everybody for the positive thoughts.

Funny, I book a resort or hotel room, perhaps requesting a view or quiet spot or whatever, yet I do not generally expect to pick the exact room weeks or months ahead. Those hotel or resort stays nearly always work out fine.

But for cruises, people are accustomed to picking (or being assigned) a cabin number. So the anticipation builds when waiting for gty assignment.

I'll be happy to be on the cruise ship next month, no matter what cabin.

On the Breakaway with a BX Guarantee and still no assignment. Less than 2 weeks to go and patiently waiting. What will be will be, out of my control. Not getting hopes up for some type of great upgrade. Be happy with what I paid for but really, really happy with any type upgrade.:)

Are you on the September 7th sailing? We are on that one and booked a BX, was assigned a BD cabin, then yesterday I saw the price drop for the MX, so for $80 we upgraded, an hour later we were upgraded/assigned to a Spa Mini Suite, not sure what we get with that but it seems like a really nice upgrade! Good Luck!

Are you on the September 7th sailing? We are on that one and booked a BX, was assigned a BD cabin, then yesterday I saw the price drop for the MX, so for $80 we upgraded, an hour later we were upgraded/assigned to a Spa Mini Suite, not sure what we get with that but it seems like a really nice upgrade! Good Luck!

Yes, we are on the 9-7 sailing. This morning we were assigned a cabin 8178 . Didn't care for the location so thought I'd call and see If I could get another room. Figure nothing to loose. They would give me large balcony room or a B-4 for no extra charge. Liked the B-4 location ..took that one. You made out quite well..much better than I did. Asked about upgrading to suite and they said $400.

Don't think there is any way to figure it all out...you can luck out or not. I wasn't expecting any kind of change so I was very happy to get the B-4.

Jackpot! You get access to the spa without having to get a spa pass. That is a savings of about $150 per person.

Jackpot! You get access to the spa without having to get a spa pass. That is a savings of about $150 per person.

That's a nice perk! It will be me and my husband (no kids to chase around!) so we will definitely be taking advantage of this!

Thanks

Jennifer

We are on the November 30th breakaway cruise. I have a BB cabin booked but my son and his GF are inside GTY still waiting and my sister and her family booked a balcony GTY still waiting. I know they will all be happy with whatever cabins they get. I'm kinda excited for them and I look every day I have their passwords for my NCL. They could care less it's me whose excited lol

My two friends and I are on the Sept 7 Breakaway, too. We booked an OX ocean view guarantee but a few weeks later decided to splurge on a BX balcony guarantee at $120 more per person. Several weeks after that we were assigned balcony cabin #8174 which looked like a good location on deck 8. Then on August 9th I called NCL to ask about going to a higher deck. I don't know what I was thinking. The rep kept me on hold about 30 minutes, then came on to offer us a balcony mini suite on deck 9 in cabin #9230. I was at that time parking my car in a hospital garage enroute to seeing my 90 yr old mother so I said yes without hesitation. On arriving home late that evening I checked out the room I gave up and the room I accepted, to read a review of #9228, next door to ours, which was awful. It seems our new cabin has a king size bed that cannot be split so two of us older women will have to share a bed. I'm also not sure we three will have enough drawer space. I probably should have left well enough alone. I'm a silver Latitudes member.

I was assigned my room just recently and I booked just a few weeks ago! My cruise doesn't leave for another 6 months! No final payment made... I am ok with my room category... It could've been slightly worse, but I knew what I was getting into by booking a guarantee. I think I'm more upset that I didn't really get a chance to wish and pray for a better room ;-)