San Diego Hampton Inn - Address

Lynda90

I have booked a cruise on the Dawn Princess for next year. Does anyone have the actual address for the Hampton Inn located closest to the pier? I am trying to look it up on the Hilton Hhonors website, but don't know exactly where it is. Thanks!:p

Lynda

We stayed at this hotel for a 1 night pre cruise stay on Jan 28/07. Very clean, full hot free breakfast offered, just off the lobby. Free shuttle to the pier, nice helpful driver. (Tips)

The address for the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown is... 1531 Pacific Highway.

There is more info at this website.

http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SANDTHX

Have a great holiday!

Pat :)

Lynda

We stayed at this hotel for a 1 night pre cruise stay on Jan 28/07. Very clean, full hot free breakfast offered, just off the lobby. Free shuttle to the pier, nice helpful driver. (Tips)

The address for the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown is... 1531 Pacific Highway.

There is more info at this website.

http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SANDTHX

Have a great holiday!

Pat :)

Pat, thank you so much for your quick response! :D

We stayed there also before our January cruise. Yes, very nice breakfast, but not really "full." Had two hot offerings. Usually a micro'ed omelette and sausages. Bagels, toast, muffins, cereals, fruit, juices. It was fine. Area is IMMACULATE. There is "nothing to do" in the hotel. They don't have a bar or restaurant. There is an outdoor pool that has nice tables and chairs. Lots of areas to explore, tho. Take the free shuttle to the Gaslight District and wander around. There is a 7-11 and Rite Aid a few blocks away also and they carry liquor if you're looking to buy any. Have a great trip!

We stayed there also before our January cruise. Yes, very nice breakfast, but not really "full." Had two hot offerings. Usually a micro'ed omelette and sausages. Bagels, toast, muffins, cereals, fruit, juices. It was fine. Area is IMMACULATE. There is "nothing to do" in the hotel. They don't have a bar or restaurant. There is an outdoor pool that has nice tables and chairs. Lots of areas to explore, tho. Take the free shuttle to the Gaslight District and wander around. There is a 7-11 and Rite Aid a few blocks away also and they carry liquor if you're looking to buy any. Have a great trip!

Sounds perfect! Since I'll probably be eating as soon as I board the ship:D , I don't really need a full, full breakfast. Probably could also have pizza delivered if I don't want to leave the facility. Do you know if they also offer free transportation to and from the airport? And how far away is the pier from the airport? Thanks!:p

Oh, Lynda, I felt the same way about the breakfast. It was just perfect. Enough but not too much, you know? And everything was very fresh, coffee very good and as I said, it was immaculate. They have a comfy couch and a few chairs there with CNN turned on. I THINK they have free shuttle from airport. We never got picked up and so another hotel's shuttle offered to drop us off. The cruise terminal, hotel and airport are all within minutes of each other!!! You can actually sit out at the pool and watch the planes take off and land. If you need any other info about the area, let me know. Have a great trip!

Thanks, Karen. Nice to know everything is so close. I am used to paying for multiple shuttles for each cruise. Usually not close. This sounds ideal all the way around. When I mentioned having pizza delivered in my comments, I meant for dinner, not breakfast. :p :rolleyes:

Oh, Lynda, don't have pizza while you are in San Diego!! Take the shuttle (free) to Gaslight District. They have so many nice little places to eat. All the menus are posted outside. They also have a really good deli a few doors down from the Holiday Inn. Right across the street from the terminal. I don't know if they are open at night, but we had lunch there one day. Took our sandwiches and soda outside and sat at the tables and people watched. The Holiday Inn also has a good restaurant and you can eat outside there as well. That is right across the street from the terminal and just a few short blocks from Hampton Inn. Anythonys Seafood is very good also. You can walk to all these places. We live near the ports in Bayonne and NYC and usually cruise from here. Obviously had to fly to SD to go on the Mex Riviera cruise. We went out 2 days early and stayed a day later and I was kind of upset about it; my vacation is the CRUISE and when I am not on the ship, I want to BE HOME. But I fell in love with SD. So much so that we booked the same trip for next Feb!! I want to go out 3-4 days early and really be able to enjoy it.

Oh, Lynda, don't have pizza while you are in San Diego!! Take the shuttle (free) to Gaslight District. They have so many nice little places to eat. All the menus are posted outside. They also have a really good deli a few doors down from the Holiday Inn. Right across the street from the terminal. I don't know if they are open at night, but we had lunch there one day. Took our sandwiches and soda outside and sat at the tables and people watched. The Holiday Inn also has a good restaurant and you can eat outside there as well. That is right across the street from the terminal and just a few short blocks from Hampton Inn. Anythonys Seafood is very good also. You can walk to all these places. We live near the ports in Bayonne and NYC and usually cruise from here. Obviously had to fly to SD to go on the Mex Riviera cruise. We went out 2 days early and stayed a day later and I was kind of upset about it; my vacation is the CRUISE and when I am not on the ship, I want to BE HOME. But I fell in love with SD. So much so that we booked the same trip for next Feb!! I want to go out 3-4 days early and really be able to enjoy it.

Lynda,

We stayed at this hotel (we are Hampton cheerleaders!!) while on a coastal cruise a couple of years ago. One thing to be very aware of --- book a room at the FRONT of the hotel or even the side is OK, why? because at the back there are 2 sets of rail lines and also the trolley line and it can be very noisy.

Having said that the hotel is very convenient, the pier and waterfront are about 10min walk, you can see the cruise ship from the hotel. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Have a great cruise.

Karen and Travelbug, thank you both for your information. I have printed out both of your posts for future use. Since I won't be departing for over a year, I can't really book the hotel yet.

Karen, I promise--no pizza for dinner when I'm there! ;) :p

Lynda, we are going back out next Feb, so I can give you even more tips before your cruise! Travelbug...good point, BUT...I would say it was about a 4-5 minute walk to the pier/waterfront TOPS. Even with that crazy traffic light at the triangle by Holiday Inn :eek: And I am NOT a walker lol. But it's very convenient and good price for the product. If you want to see your ship come in, be prepared to get to the pier EARLY. Spirit was supposed to dock at 7am. I walked down a few minutes to 6am and it was already there!

Lynda, we are going back out next Feb, so I can give you even more tips before your cruise! Travelbug...good point, BUT...I would say it was about a 4-5 minute walk to the pier/waterfront TOPS. Even with that crazy traffic light at the triangle by Holiday Inn :eek: And I am NOT a walker lol. But it's very convenient and good price for the product. If you want to see your ship come in, be prepared to get to the pier EARLY. Spirit was supposed to dock at 7am. I walked down a few minutes to 6am and it was already there!

Great, I'll look for your updated review in Feb. I actually put it in my planner so I'll remember. :p

Lynda, you know Aubrey is not going to be having pizza for dinner:eek: :D

We will be going out to dinner and thanks for all the helpful info everyone.:)

Yes, Julia, I agree. No pizza! I promise! :D :)

You are right about the walk -- I forget that my walk is really a crawl.

And that is before taking a drink!!! LOL

Archived