Bill Leiber Tribute - Let's Make This Happen !!!

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I've given this a great deal of thought over the past few weeks. and finalized the details while on vacation last week. As I've lost contact with Azamara, I thought I'd post this idea on here, in the hopes that someone from Azamara will read it. Though they are not posting, I remain confident Azamara is watching what is said on our wonderful forum.

I'm starting a campaign, to honor Bill Leiber's memory. As most of our forum members are aware, Bill was a very dear friend. In all honesty, I feel as if I lost a loved one, as Bill meant a great deal to me. My life feels emptier without his treasured friendship, and his intense caring & concern for all things Azamara. That was one of the many things we had in common ! Quite frankly, though I've tried my best to keep the conversation going, this forum has lost it's luster, without Bill's presence. I'm sure things will improve in time, and I remain hopeful that Azamara will "select" another person as their CBO. I used the word "select" instead of "replace", as Bill is irreplaceable !

What I would like to respectfully suggest, is for a portrait of Bill to be featured on both Azamara Quest & Azamara Journey, in loving memory of Bill. Ideally, I'd hope for a tribute to be posted below Bill's likeness, which I'd be honored to write. For all Bill has done for Azamara over the past 3+ years, and for the brand awareness he created, I feel this would be a beautiful recognition of Bill, and will insure his legacy remains important to everyone at Azamara, their Guests, and for our dear Cruise Critic friends, who always respected and appreciated Bill's insights.

If Azamara agrees to make this happen, it will be my honor to give up 1 cruise this year, and donate $2,000 - to be equally divided amongst Bill's 2 favorite charities that he was passionate about.

If you would like to see this become a reality, please call, email, write, or use whatever means available, to contact your local Azamara office, and please tell them Host Andy from Cruise Critic sent you :).

Thank You very much for your support of my efforts. We miss you Bill. God Bless you, and rest in peace my friend.

Edited by Host Andy

I think the idea has merit and, despite the fact that most cruisers do not frequent this forum, hope it will receive serious consideration.

Personally, I would like to see some form of memorial on this forum itself since this is where Bill had such a positive influence.

For example, I wonder if we could create something like a "Bill Leiber Sunshine Thread" (OK, it's not a good name) where people could post experiences, suggestions, and problem solving hints that will help all of us in our anticipation of the ACC experience. For example, I have just had two positive experiences with shoreside, but it is inappropriate to post them in threads where people have an issue(s). Moreover, it is easy to tiresomely characterize such posts as "cheerleading". This thread would be unabashedly doing so.

There are a number of very wise and sophisticated posters here who always help me keep matters in perspective and perhaps they could help maintain the "spirit of Bill" on such a thread.

The perhaps fatal flaw in this proposal is that without making the thread a "sticky" it may well just drift out of use. And I'm not certain "stickys" are well attended.

I'm certain that others can improve upon this suggestion or make an even better one to commemorate Bill's role in this community.

What a wonderful idea, Andy. And, it's very generous of you to offer a substantial donation to Bill's favorite charities.

I would be more than happy to do my part in this endeavor.

I'm not sure who I would contact....Miami? Is there some way you can post everyone's local office, if that's not too much trouble for you.

What a wonderful idea, Andy. And, it's very generous of you to offer a substantial donation to Bill's favorite charities.

I would be more than happy to do my part in this endeavor.

I'm not sure who I would contact....Miami? Is there some way you can post everyone's local office, if that's not too much trouble for you.

Hi Midwestchick,

Thank you for your very kind comments. In the US, I'd contact LeClubVoyage - which I believe is located at the Miami headquarters. They can be reached at 1-888-532-5828 , or via email at LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com . Another email option is their Guest Relations team : AzamaraGuestRelations@AzamaraClubCruises.com . I'd suggest emailing both addresses.

For international guests, here's a link to contact information for your local offices : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/contact-us#International

Hope this helps !

Hi Midwestchick,

Thank you for your very kind comments. In the US, I'd contact LeClubVoyage - which I believe is located at the Miami headquarters. They can be reached at 1-888-532-5828 , or via email at LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com . Another email option is their Guest Relations team : AzamaraGuestRelations@AzamaraClubCruises.com . I'd suggest emailing both addresses.

For international guests, here's a link to contact information for your local offices : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/contact-us#International

Hope this helps !

No need to thank me, Andy. Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfullness. I'm so sorry you lost a dear friend...and the world lost a wonderful person.

I will contact them tomorrow.

I do hope to see more activity on this thread....I know a lot of people thought a great deal of Bill. We need their support.

Thank you Andy,

I will make the suggestion to the team once things are a bit calmer next week. Your words and idea are in order for what Bill meant to all of us. He was also my good friend & colleague. We worked closely on Social Media and Blog posts for the website. I miss him dearly as well. Probably the best writer I have ever met.

I will send a note to our executives and let's see what can be done.

Thank You, Raul Parquet

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you Andy,

I will make the suggestion to the team once things are a bit calmer next week. Your words and idea are in order for what Bill meant to all of us. He was also my good friend & colleague. We worked closely on Social Media and Blog posts for the website. I miss him dearly as well. Probably the best writer I have ever met.

I will send a note to our executives and let's see what can be done.

Thank You, Raul Parquet

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you for responding Mr Parquet. I certainly understand that things are hectic for Mr Pimentel and everyone at Azamara at this time. I truly hope we can pursue my idea, in the coming weeks.

When things return to normal, I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss further.

Best Regards, Andy

Bumping this up. Hoping possibly Azamara Joel, or those with Azamara who can do something to help this cause, will be reading this.

Thank you for your passion Midwestchick. I'm extremely pleased that Mr Parquet responded. I'm fairly certain that Mr Pimentel and others from his managment team are currently in Japan.

While I'd love for this to happen immediately, I'm perfectly fine with Azamara taking the necessary time, to deal with matters at hand. While My goal is to make this happen... if it takes a little longer, so be it. All that matters to me, is a positive outcome, and for Bill to have the recognition he incredibly deserves.

As always, thank you for your kindness.

Edited by Host Andy

Andy you are well aware that a number of caring staff on shore and on our ships read the boards. We find it very educational and will continue to listen. I think it is far to say we are active in the global social media environment.

As for Bill Leiber, he was an extraordinary friend and loved his involvement with Azamara Club Cruises. He was a careful and contemplative thinker. He did not over reaction and some how found balance in his responses. We miss him dearly.

You notion of recognition for Bill will be discussed with our internal social media guru, Raul. I see he has responded to you.

Bill had a very specific person in mind as the next Chief Blogging Office. He spoke to me on three occasions about this person. Bill wanted someone who was calm, knowledgable and someone prepared to be a voice of our guest. This is currently under review. We expect to finalize our thoughts in the next two weeks.

We love Cruise Critic for the passionate posters and postings. We hope many more join the conversation.

Finally, thanks for your volunteer effort as host. We are all fortunate to have you so involved.

Bill had a very specific person in mind as the next Chief Blogging Office. He spoke to me on three occasions about this person. Bill wanted someone who was calm, knowledgable and someone prepared to be a voice of our guest. This is currently under review. We expect to finalize our thoughts in the next two weeks.

Larry, that is great to hear. Many of us on this board miss Bill very much. The ear he lent and his polite, thoughtful posts. It will be good to get the communication back.

Phil

Andy...I only bumped this because I figured Azamara would be reading this forum due to the Journey cancellation. I wanted to keep this post near the top, hoping they would see it. I'm sure they did not have time to scroll down through all the threads. And yes, I knew they had their hands quite full and this was not an immediate priority.

I am so happy to see the response from Azamara Joel and Mr. Pimental. I'm feeling so positive your wish will come true and I'm also very happy that Bill had talked about someone who would be the new Chief Blogging Officer. Even through his illness, he wanted to assure all of us were taken care of. What a kind and generous man he was. I miss his posts too, like we all do.

Thank you, Mr. Pimental for responding personally to Andy's thread. Hopefully, by the time we board the Journey in Sept., we will see that this request has become a reality.

A portrait on the Azamara ships would be a lovely tribute to dear Bill. What a good idea Andy.

How typical of Bill that he thought of a successor for us. No-one could replace him, but I know his role was so valued by us and it would be good to have another person with similar commitment to Azamara contributing to our Forum.

Andy you are well aware that a number of caring staff on shore and on our ships read the boards. We find it very educational and will continue to listen. I think it is far to say we are active in the global social media environment.

As for Bill Leiber, he was an extraordinary friend and loved his involvement with Azamara Club Cruises. He was a careful and contemplative thinker. He did not over reaction and some how found balance in his responses. We miss him dearly.

You notion of recognition for Bill will be discussed with our internal social media guru, Raul. I see he has responded to you.

We love Cruise Critic for the passionate posters and postings. We hope many more join the conversation.

Finally, thanks for your volunteer effort as host. We are all fortunate to have you so involved.

Hello Larry,

I wanted to sincerely thank you for your personal reply, and for your kind comments. It always brings great pleasure reading your insights of Bill. It's no secret that many of us miss Bill dearly. I think about him every day.

It's been a very interesting Journey, moderating this forum since Day 1 of Azamara's debut nearly 7 years ago. I remain extremely passionate about all things Azamara, and what will hopefully be a great future ahead for everyone at Azamara - especially your wonderful officers & crew.

I'm eagerly looking forward to learning your decision regarding Bill's tribute. Hope to hear from you soon !

Warm Regards,

Andy

Edited by Host Andy

• 2 weeks later...