Brisbane City Cat ferry

CruisinCoach

I am staying one night post cruise and need to get from the Hamilton Cruise pier, where I think my ship is scheduled to dock, to downtown Brisbane. Has anybody taken the City Cat ferry? It looks like it stops right next to the cruise port and will drop me off near my hotel, at North Quay. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The ferry stop at Hamilton will be a breeze. If your luggage is on wheels its just a short level roll a few hundred metres in front of the ship. However if North Quay is the one I am thinking of , the steps up to road level are pretty massive and you end up on a narrow path on a busy road. That was a couple of years ago and we did the ferry cruise from and to the ship.Perhaps someone from Brisbane can give further info on North Quay.

The Brisbane City Cat is a fantastic ride , I am just thinking of the luggge angle at the City end.

The ferry stop at Hamilton will be a breeze. If your luggage is on wheels its just a short level roll a few hundred metres in front of the ship. However if North Quay is the one I am thinking of , the steps up to road level are pretty massive and you end up on a narrow path on a busy road. That was a couple of years ago and we did the ferry cruise from and to the ship.Perhaps someone from Brisbane can give further info on North Quay.

The Brisbane City Cat is a fantastic ride , I am just thinking of the luggge angle at the City end.

Thanks David. Sounds like it will work ok. I'm not worried about the luggage issue. I'll only have one roller bag, and I can get it up the stairs no problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am staying one night post cruise and need to get from the Hamilton Cruise pier, where I think my ship is scheduled to dock, to downtown Brisbane. Has anybody taken the City Cat ferry? It looks like it stops right next to the cruise port and will drop me off near my hotel, at North Quay. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

http://mobile.jp.translink.com.au/travel-information/journey-planner

Trans link is the site you need for time tables and costings. Prices for single day trips have gone up. :( if you can travel in off peak times then it is cheaper than in the dearer and busier peak times.

Hope the link helps! :)