Have the younger kids been over-looked?

The online material (now stripped of Dream Works characters) highlights children and families.

However, the details under that, show Adventure Ocean (a very good program, but it's only good when you leave your children there), and H2O Zone.

From everything that I've seen, on this ship, by "Zone", they mean one shallow wave pool for the kiddies.

Now that they've done away with Dream Works, and all of the colorful, water spouting fixtures in the H2O zone, i'm not really sure what there is for our 3 1/2 year old on our cruise.

She's too young/small for the bumper cars and there are no shows that are for her age, like they had on Allure (sail away party, Dream Works show, character meet and greet, etc.).

So, my questions are:

1 - am I overlooking something?

2 - have the little ones been excluded in the Royal Vision, on this cruise?

We won't be sailing until Summer 2016, so I'm hoping that Dream Works will be incorporated by then.

There was a picture of a bumper car on my 4 year old daughters sea pass card.

One of her favourite past times (with daddy driving at resorts all over the UK). To be told she wasn't allowed on because she wasn't 5 is more of an indictment of the U.S. Legal system where people's willingness to sue spoils the fun for the majority.

Even the North Star has a height restriction which I have not seen published anywhere. My daughter is tall enough ride the tower of terror in Disneyland Paris but can't go on bumper cars.

A ship marketed as a family ship is not unless all your kids are over 5 or a certain height. No dreamworks has been discussed before. Young kids love character interactions.

The saving grace is the 2 storey adventure ocean which is fantastic. It also has an excellent parent supervised area open all day with great toys, a slide for under 3's & over 3's not potty trained yet.

The other potentially brilliant area is the indoor pool which is designated as a family pool. The major issue was kids wearing nappies & swim diapers in a full size pool not being policed means that pool will be closed a lot for cleaning unless enforced. Who will moan when it's closed I wonder? The same parents who ignored the rules in the first place.

When our daughter was younger we would often get room service as she was too tired to go out. The choice now is so insulting to people already paying 4* cruise prices it just smacks of greed.

Rumor is -- Q class ships were originally going to be Celebrity ships and had to be retrofitted to look more RCL like. Add on rock wall, convert a space for activity center, throw an animal up top and add a wave rider. Still, more adult, than family.

Everything else looks "Celebrity", and even the dining situation seems like something they would roll out on "X". Buffet is identical to the S-class ships.

We will be on the Anthem in a couple of weeks, after cruising the Reflection.

I could be wrong, but…., Like the Q class is a "gateway" cruise from Royal to Celebrity.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Edited by kelmac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Agree. There are some opportunities for improvement here.

I think my 9 year old will have a blast, but my 3 year old may not have such a great time.

I'm worried you are right about this....bummed as we will likely fly to a different ship than try anthem with my 3 yo niece ...

Rumor is -- Q class ships were originally going to be Celebrity ships and had to be retrofitted to look more RCL like.

I followed every article, news story, posting here on CC, etc from day 1... I've never heard this analogy. Where did you hear/read this? Do you have a link?

Like the Q class is a "gateway" cruise from Royal to Celebrity.

Interesting take... It will be interesting to see a post from you after you have experienced Anthem.

It was clearly stated in our Meet & Mingle by the CD and AD when being introduced that the supposed inspiration of Q Class was to be somewhat of a morph of Celebrity Soltice Class with RCL Radiance Class... with a few extra "add-ons" that have never been seen. I've heard about this morph analogy before sailing and after sailing very much agreed with the Radiance side of the morph, but I've never sailed on Solstice. Take away those add-ons (IFly, North Star, etc) and I think the morph analogy of Solstice+Radiance is likely a good one.