need advice

Tiffany's mom

We are booked with American Airlines. We are going from San Diego to Athens boarding Pacific Princess on May 12. We were orginal flying from SAN to JFK to Madrid and then to Athens. I changed that because the Madrid to Athens was on friday, May 11 on Iberia and they will be on strike. American changed it to JFK to Heathrow to Athens. Great. Now I find out that customs and immigration will strike on May 10. American will probably cancel flights arriving on May 10 causing a backup for a couple of days. So our flight may also be cancelled or delay.

Question - will American refund my flight. Right now I can get a Delta for less than I paid AA and better flights. What are my options.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Pam

We are booked with American Airlines. We are going from San Diego to Athens boarding Pacific Princess on May 12. We were orginal flying from SAN to JFK to Madrid and then to Athens. I changed that because the Madrid to Athens was on friday' date=' May 11 on Iberia and they will be on strike. American changed it to JFK to Heathrow to Athens. Great. Now I find out that customs and immigration will strike on May 10. American will probably cancel flights arriving on May 10 causing a backup for a couple of days. So our flight may also be cancelled or delay.

Question - will American refund my flight. Right now I can get a Delta for less than I paid AA and better flights. What are my options.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Pam[/quote']

I agree; unless there is a travel waiver issued, or your flight is cancelled, you won't be able to change it.

This is the only information I find (and it's not for your dates):

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/travelAlerts.jsp

Archived