Boeing Factory

Hi,

My husband and I will be in Seattle for 2 days before an Alaska cruisetour in August of 2008. We do not want to rent a car but would like to take a tour to the Boeing Factory from Seatlle that will give us a good amount of time there. I have pulled up several tour companies that do this but I would appreciate any reviews from others that have taken a tour from the downtown Seattle hotels to Boeing. Thanks, Sally

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=nwwboeingtour061&date=20070906&query=boeing+tour

I don't think this article offered any information on what is the tour company to take, but I thought it was a good article. I have lived in the Seattle area my whole life and never taken a Boeing tour, I really would like to, but just never think about it. I do see the Grayline buses going up I-5 with the Boeing tour label showing. It appears once you get to Boeing the tours are the same, but you CAN NOT bring any types of cameras. So it appears you would need to see who picks up at the hotel you are staying at or close by and actually have pre bought tickets because they are on a first come first serve basis.

Have fun.

When we did the tour, we drove up to Everett but Grayline offers this....

http://www.graylineseattle.com should have all the info....

it's a great tour.....you can't have food, drinks, gum, cameras or cellphones IIRC....it's really neat!

also, there is the museum of flight off of the 5 on the way from Seattle to SeaTac at Boeing field...i think that's where the make single aisle planes, and they do the double aisles in Everett.....

funny, when i was at the train station, a very long train went by carrying very large parts of aircraft on flat rail cars...now THAT was cool!

• 4 months later...
How far in driving time is the Boeing Tour from Seattle..we will have a car.

Depending on the time of day and traffic, here is what their website says, I would maybe plan for about 45 minutes to an hour, just to be safe:

The Future of Flight & Boeing Tour are located at 8415 Paine Field Blvd., Mukilteo, WA 98275, approximately 30 miles north of Seattle via Interstate-5.

From Interstate-5 North or South, take Exit 189 to State Highway 526 West. Drive for about four miles, go past the huge Boeing assembly building on your right. At the four-way stoplight where 526 intersects with 84th St. SW and Paine Field Blvd., turn left into the entry drive for the Future of Flight & Boeing Tour. It is well-signed after you pass the factory building.

Archived