Doubletree Biscayne Bay - Miami

nat9511

I have not stayed there, though it is always on my list of "would like to stay at hotels". What I do know is that there is a small mall of shops and restaurants attached to the hotel. If you go on Tripadvisor you can check out some reviews and lots of photos of the hotel. Looks like a really nice place to me, and I have seen other CC members here recommend it. Sorry I cant offer much more, just wanted to mention that there are shops and restaurants attached.

I have stayed there! Nice hotel, but if you want a bayview room, just be prepared to walk "forever" from the elevator to your room! Great pool, too!

There are restaurants within walking distance, but I haven't stayed there in about 5 years, so I can't really remember which ones...sorry!

One thing to keep in mind is that the free Metro Mover has a stop really close by....you can hop on that and go to Mary Brickell Village or even Bayside Market (if you're into the touristy-type places). My recommendation would be to Google Mary Brickell Village....TONS of really good restaurants, shopping and (ahem) places for adult beverages!!

We loved this place. The pool and the views were awesome. In the bottom of hotel is a bunch of shops and some places to eat. I was able to get a haircut and shave and then we all went and ate at the Chinese restaurant that was there. If/when we ever cruise out of Miami again we will be staying here again. It was neat looking out from the balcony at the ships, my son and I woke up real early and watched as the ship we were going on was coming back to port. I would recommend this place.

Big rooms and the pool is great. The bar/restaurant in the lobby is a good option for Caribbean inspired food, or walk a couple of blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne and 18th) for great tapas and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :cool:

Great location. There are places to eat right in the hotel that has a small mall in it. I would reccomend taking a quick Uber ride or free metromover ride into more of the heart of Downtown and Brickell. Tons of great food and drink options near by if you take a quick uber or metromover ride.

Big rooms and the pool is great. The bar/restaurant in the lobby is a good option for Caribbean inspired food, or walk a couple of blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne and 18th) for great tapas and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :cool:

YES! Bin 18! I couldn't remember the name! Fabulous tapas!!

Thank you for all of the replies. I feel a more comfortable with my choice of hotel. We will not be there long enough to see the sights so only needed a hotel near the port and a place to eat.

We are cruising on Celebrity this Friday the 5th and will be staying the night before at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay. We booked a king room with bay view. I can post some pictures and check out the restaurants there if you like?

For those that have stayed here, where did you go for Breakfast? I see the hotel does not offer breakfast. Just wondering how much more I should budget for, and what others recommend.

I think Los Gauchitos, which is in the hotel, serves breakfast. It is open from 7am to 10pm. Also there is a starbucks for coffee and pastries.

Also next door at the Marriott the Catch also serves breakast. Just go to the website for these hotels and look under dining. Also I will let you know what we do this Friday for breakfast.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

We are cruising on Celebrity this Friday the 5th and will be staying the night before at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay. We booked a king room with bay view. I can post some pictures and check out the restaurants there if you like?

I would be interested to know where the king/bay view balcony rooms are located. I can't tell from the photo on their website if there are rooms that directly face the bay, or if all the rooms are located on the long sides.

We stayed in a king mini-suit in January and booked the cruise package. It included breakfast for two for the two nights we stayed pre

cruise plus a one way van ride to the port. It was fine. We had a partial bay view, couldn't see the cruise ships but it was fine. We used

our breakfast coupons to eat in the Italian restaurant in the attached mall. We could get eggs, meat, toast, juice and coffee. Our king mini was a little larger than your pictures, and it had a full pull out couch and chair in addition to the king bed.

Edited by shellyc