Uber is way to go!

andymattmom

We just returned from our cruise. Flew into FLL and stayed in Miami. Not Uber experienced but used app for Uber XL for family of 4 plus 5 bags. Got a Suburban and great driver Fritz $74.xx to Homewood Suites Miami Downtown Brickell. Took Uber from hotel to POM and had Nissan minivan and ok driver- he got lost but made it there.

Contacted Fritz and he picked us up and drove us from POM to FLL-

I would NOT try to catch an early flight from FLL if docked in Miami. This airport is crazy. Our flight at 3 and I'd rather sit than be stressed. Long check in and security lines!

We just returned from our cruise. Flew into FLL and stayed in Miami. Not Uber experienced but used app for Uber XL for family of 4 plus 5 bags. Got a Suburban and great driver Fritz $74.xx to Homewood Suites Miami Downtown Brickell. Took Uber from hotel to POM and had Nissan minivan and ok driver- he got lost but made it there.

Contacted Fritz and he picked us up and drove us from POM to FLL-

I would NOT try to catch an early flight from FLL if docked in Miami. This airport is crazy. Our flight at 3 and I'd rather sit than be stressed. Long check in and security lines!

Great info! Thanks for sharing. I was going to do the Super Shuttle again but it sounds like Uber may be the way to go. Did you go anywhere with Uber other than just the port and your hotel? How much was it to the POM? We will be at the Holiday Inn in downtown Miami.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. We are flying in to FLL in January, and staying at Homewood Suites Downtown/Brickell also. There are 13 of us, so it may be better to book a shuttle, but since we cruise by ourselves at least once a year, this is good info to know.

BTW---How was the hotel? We have 4 rooms booked there. Any places to eat nearby? Any suggestions for us?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also--I fly into FLL all the time, and can sympathize. It is a literal nightmare! People sitting all over on the floors, no decent place to eat! Why do we continue to use that airport? Because we fly Southwest or Jet Blue out of Buffalo, NY and they only fly into FLL. The only non stop flights into Miami are out of Toronto, CN---a 2 hour drive for us.

You said you contacted Fritz for the return? How is that possible? With Uber you don't get to handpick your drivers, so was this an outside deal that you struck with him? I'm a little confused here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You said you contacted Fritz for the return? How is that possible? With Uber you don't get to handpick your drivers, so was this an outside deal that you struck with him? I'm a little confused here.

We used him not through Uber on return- contacted directly :o

Thanks for sharing. We are flying in to FLL in January, and staying at Homewood Suites Downtown/Brickell also. There are 13 of us, so it may be better to book a shuttle, but since we cruise by ourselves at least once a year, this is good info to know.

BTW---How was the hotel? We have 4 rooms booked there. Any places to eat nearby? Any suggestions for us?

The hotel was new and nice. We had studio queen with two queens and large sofa. Kitchenette also. Staff and breakfast good. We ate at Mister 01 pizza I saw mentioned here. We walked there under 1 mile. It was good.

Also--I fly into FLL all the time, and can sympathize. It is a literal nightmare! People sitting all over on the floors, no decent place to eat! Why do we continue to use that airport? Because we fly Southwest or Jet Blue out of Buffalo, NY and they only fly into FLL. The only non stop flights into Miami are out of Toronto, CN---a 2 hour drive for us.

We use SW too- FLL exactly as you described people all over, dirty and very few electronic charging areas.

That is very interesting. Good to know.

We got his card

Talked to him while driving to Miami

Was great driver and nice vehicle

Asked about picking up

Texted him from Tortola

Thanks for the FLL to Miami info for Uber! We will be using it for the first time in September. We fly Delta and the flight into FLL is a little over $500 cheaper for us than flying into MIA! We are at the InterContinental so the Uber fare should be a little less! :cool:

Thanks for the FLL to Miami info for Uber! We will be using it for the first time in September. We fly Delta and the flight into FLL is a little over $500 cheaper for us than flying into MIA! We are at the InterContinental so the Uber fare should be a little less! :cool:

And a little tip for first time Uber users. Get a current rider to refer you. They will give you a promo code that will get both of you $15 off your next ride.

And if you need a code, use mine. [emoji41]

Code = 6y3g9

Neal

And a little tip for first time Uber users. Get a current rider to refer you. They will give you a promo code that will get both of you $15 off your next ride.

And if you need a code, use mine. [emoji41]

Code = 6y3g9

Neal

do you know how long this code is good for? we don't cruise till august. thanks

do you know how long this code is good for? we don't cruise till august. thanks

You can use that code anytime. You might want to wait to plug it into your Uber app till you get closer. The only reason I say that is because the promos on my side do expire in around 6 months, I think.

Neal

We are staying at that same hotel in October...how much was it to uber to the port? Thanks!

If you need a good estimate, you can plug your trip into the Uber website or download the app and do it there. The estimate you get is close to accurate.

Neal

please give me Fritz's info I will need a ride from Port Everglades to MIA in a couple of weeks

medudley@aol.com put fritz in the title thanks

Andymattmom, could you please send it to me too?

Shoncelly50@hotmail.com

Can not use Uber on my phone as my telephone provider in the Netherlands does not provide internet in the USA. But I could text him. Thanks so much.